+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after PPR

mhkash

Nov 11, 2017
Hi,
I have applied through express entry (inland). On June 7, I contacted CIC through IRCC web form, stated change in my material status, and included the marriage certificate. A week after, I received a general email saying that a person who wants to add his/her spouse should submit the following documents:
On July 2, I received another email saying that "Please be advised we have received your Marriage Certificate. You will be notified in due course if/when other documents are required.Your application is currently in queue awaiting review of an officer.".

On July 12, I submitted all the requested documents through IRCC web form, and then received the confirmation that these documents are received.

However, no email regarding creating UCI for her is sent to me. AM I on the right track? Thanks in advance for any response or guidanceece, truly appreciated,

Hi Chandar,

Exact same time-line, added my spouse on 08 March, 2019 and UCI generated on 16 March, 2019. My application is also processing at Vancouver office. No updates so far since UCI update.

Chandar 91

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hi,
I have applied through express entry (inland). On June 7, I contacted CIC through IRCC web form, stated change in my material status, and included the marriage certificate. A week after, I received a general email saying that a person who wants to add his/her spouse should submit the following documents:
On July 2, I received another email saying that "Please be advised we have received your Marriage Certificate. You will be notified in due course if/when other documents are required.Your application is currently in queue awaiting review of an officer.".

On July 12, I submitted all the requested documents through IRCC web form, and then received the confirmation that these documents are received.

However, no email regarding creating UCI for her is sent to me. AM I on the right track? Thanks in advance for any response or guidanceece, truly appreciated,
Hi,
What I did was, I emailed ottawa office regarding my change in marital status, and they sent me a mail with the list of documents to be uploaded in my CIC profile. I did and they assigned a UCI number to my spouse within 2 weeks.

sentieh

Jan 14, 2019
Hi,
What I did was, I emailed ottawa office regarding my change in marital status, and they sent me a mail with the list of documents to be uploaded in my CIC profile. I did and they assigned a UCI number to my spouse within 2 weeks.
Have you received biometric request for your spouse?

OHiluvCANADA

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Category........
CEC
Hi,

Hi,
You are on right track. When visa office will add your spouse in your application then you will receive a message that there is an update in your file then after login into your cic account you will see the UCI. Adding spouse after receiving all the documents by IRCC is dependent upon visa office.

mhkash

Nov 11, 2017
Thanks for your reply, how long did it take for you? 2 months?

Hi,
You are on right track. When visa office will add your spouse in your application then you will receive a message that there is an update in your file then after login into your cic account you will see the UCI. Adding spouse after receiving all the documents by IRCC is dependent upon visa office.

R.Sharma

Aug 26, 2019
I got PR last year and I was planning to get married around same time (before getting PR). When you get passport request email, they ask you if your status is changing in next 6 months or so. And I would recommend to let them know that you are getting married and plan to get PR for your spouse as well. Then add your spouse's name in ur application before landing itself. If you don't add Spouse in ur application before you land, you will have to file separate PR application for your spouse. Hope this helps :)
Hi Vaibhav, thanks for sharing the information with us. I have a concern, can a person at the time of request for passport submission also inform CIC of his future marriage within next 6 months, and does CIC allow them to change the status and apply for their future spouse's PR with the applicant?
If yes, how long does CIC take to grant visa to the spouse and what documents does it ask, because the person won't be having a marriage certificate to prove the marriage.
Thank you in advance.

R.Sharma

Aug 26, 2019
Hi everyone, need our help. I am expecting to receive ITA soon, but I am planning to get married in November. I won't be landing to Canada until next year March, how can I apply for my would be spouse's PR with my application. Can I inform CIC about my plan to get married within next few months and ask them to add her with my application even without actually marrying right now?
Thank you in advance.

psedo007

Mar 2, 2019
Hello everyone. I've added spouse to my CIC profil on February, I'm still waiting for biometric request for her. I'ts becoming a long wait ! my AOR December 5'th 2019 !

jiong

Aug 2, 2019
I divorced before apply for PR, but now both of us feel a bit regret. Is it possible to remarry and sponsor her later?