Getting married after PPR

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Among other forms and documents, I have been asked to fill IMM5406 and this is what it says in the request letter 'A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures updated to include details of your spouse.' This gives the impression that I, being the principal applicant, have to fill just one form with my spouse's details included in it.

However, when I open the form it says at the top 'A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures updated to include details of your spouse.' This gives the impression that it has to be filled twice ie once by me with my spouse's details and once by my spouse with my details.

Can you pls clarify?

Thanks.
Both of you need to fill IMM5406.

al2un

Dec 29, 2017
Both of you need to fill IMM5406.
Regarding PCC, my spouse used to live in a different city in Pakistan right up till marriage. Our marriage date is 20th Jan. So the dates for the first PCC are simple ie from birth till 19th Jan (a day before our marriage) at her previous address.

Does she also need to submit a second PCC for 20th Jan (ie from marriage) to present for her new address which is in a different city?

Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Regarding PCC, my spouse used to live in a different city in Pakistan right up till marriage. Our marriage date is 20th Jan. So the dates for the first PCC are simple ie from birth till 19th Jan (a day before our marriage) at her previous address.

Does she also need to submit a second PCC for 20th Jan (ie from marriage) to present for her new address which is in a different city?

Thanks.
Follow the PCC instructions for Pakistan on the IRCC website.

Reactions: al2un

al2un

Dec 29, 2017
Follow the PCC instructions for Pakistan on the IRCC website.
I've been making some transfers to my dad (who was the donor of the gift that I showed as POF) from the POF that I submitted at the time of applying on the basis of which I received the COPR which has now been cancelled after addition of spouse. Now I'll be needing to show POF for 2 persons. I hope to arrange the funds by the submission date which will again be in the form of a gift from my father. My question is will those transfers have any effect on my application?

al2un

Dec 29, 2017
I've been making some transfers to my dad (who was the donor of the gift that I showed as POF) from the POF that I submitted at the time of applying on the basis of which I received the COPR which has now been cancelled after addition of spouse. Now I'll be needing to show POF for 2 persons. I hope to arrange the funds by the submission date which will again be in the form of a gift from my father. My question is will those transfers have any effect on my application?
@canuck_in_uk . Pls advise.

palanioct09

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Outland
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
23-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-11-2017
Can someone please share your timelines of getting PR who got married after COPR?

My timeline:
Primary Office: New Delhi
Secondary Office : Ottawa
Economic Immigration (Canadian Experience Class)
Outland Applicant

Sept 2017: created profile
Oct 2017: ITA (Medical Test, PCC, fund, etc)
Nov 2017: Submitted all docs
Dec 2017: Passport Request
Jan 2018 : COPR received
May 2018: Married, informed cic about marital status. COPR cancelled.
June 2018: Request Letter asking multiple documents (Spouse Medical, PCC, etc) to add Spouse. Submitted the same.
July 2018: Spouse Name added to e-application/profile with a new UCI number.
September 2018: Medical Passed. Background check in progress.
October 2018: My Medicals expired :mad:

No progress/no more request letters since September 2018. Requested for GCMS notes. Received it fortnight ago, even it says the same that Background check in progress.

Is anyone on the same boat?

Reactions: ziimy

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes, if IRCC realizes you lied about having the necessary funds, it could be a problem. It is only a gift if you don't pay it back.

Chandar 91

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hi guys I got married after my Ppr, now I am going to add my wife to my application, but, my IELTS score is expired already, do I need to submit a new score?

Chandar 91

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hi, I have applied for permanent resident through Canadian experience class Inland, now I am adding my spouse in my application after my PPR. Have some questions regarding form IM008 application form
1) Program Under which you are applying should be Economic Right? and Category should be Canadian Experience class ?
2)How many including you are in this application?
I have answered 2 and gave all my details and in the end of the form clicked add dependent and gave details of my spouse.
is tis okay?
Need your insights guys.

Thanks

ezio

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
That is what the other member said, if you have read any of the posts in this thread, you already got the answer.

If you get married before you land, inform CIC. You will be asked to return your COPR, submit documents for your spouse, accompanying or not, then you will be issued a new COPR with married status.
Hi iamxty,

I need your expert opinion about this issue. I have my COPR with expiry date end of March 2019, however I am planning to get married around 10-15th of March to be able to add my spouse to my application and get a new PPR visa for both of us. I will contact CIC one I got married, however I am worried that they will not accept to add my spouse or I wouldn't get a reply back before the end of march due to the short period. I am worried that at the time they reopen my application they will find that my COPR has expired.

RakithaW

Feb 25, 2019
Hi Guys please help me with the following timeline

My GF just got the PPR and have submitted the PP

Plan to marry in May

If we do marry should we send a mail to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca on the status change? which would result in her VISA getting cancelled and both of us getting a PPR after we submit my documents and so I can land with her. Can anyone tell me if there is a chance that she may not get the VISA after i also put in the documents

Or

Could she land and I also accompany her with Travel VISA and start a inland spouse sponsorship process?

michelle22

May 26, 2018
Hey
------------------------
Guys I submitted below docs on 5th Jan 2018 after the request letter from NDVO and after PPR and marriage
1) spouse PCC
2) spouse education docs
3) spouse Birth certificate
4) Spouse Passport
5) spouse IMM5669
6) spouse IMM5406
7) spouse RFPR fee recipt
8) marriage photos
9) PA- IMM5406
10) PA - IMM0008
-----------------
they did not ask for
1) additional POF
2) Medicals
---------------
I want to know

1) by when should i expect a reply from them
2) when is the right time to order GCMS
------------
please a reply could buy me little peace of mind

PS: Associated with NDVO
Hey thank u for the detailed post. I did the same aftr I added spouse. Sent all the requested docs (pof not requested) within the time frame. I want to know did they request medicals and updated pof later? Hoping you see this and reply!

RakithaW

Feb 25, 2019
Hey

Hey thank u for the detailed post. I did the same aftr I added spouse. Sent all the requested docs (pof not requested) within the time frame. I want to know did they request medicals and updated pof later? Hoping you see this and reply!
Hi there are these all the documents you have to submit when you add a spouse after PPR?

Can someone please help list all documents needed. and for Education documents, should they also be verified by WES?

Thanks in Advance!

al2un

Dec 29, 2017
Yes, if IRCC realizes you lied about having the necessary funds, it could be a problem. It is only a gift if you don't pay it back.
Okay thanks. Meanwhile I've submitted my documents and have been asked to provide biometrics for my wife and her medicals for which I've been give IMM 1017. I can see that her name appears in the Documents Upload window but no placeholders there against. What should I do? Thanks again in advance.