+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after PPR

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Estimated completion date is nothing but a date which is six months after your AOR. dont take it seriously. Mine is 13 Feb 2018. Have you got ppr yet as a single applicant?
I got PPR as a single applicant in Oct 2017. Dint land, got married and added spouse in July 2018. File still under processing last 5 months. They took document submission date as Aug 2017 (when i had submitted as a single) and added 6 months to it and put estimated completion date as 27 Feb 2018. They should have taken document submission date as July 20th (when submitted spouse docs) and then add 6 months and put estimated completion date as 27 Feb 2019. Yusuf was same as my case with almost same dates for his spouse too, but he got PPR for both by Dec 6th. So wanted to know why mismatch hppng in estimated completion dates. Wondering where it is stuck.

Fahad Farooqi

Apr 8, 2018
Hello to all the senior members!!

I need some guidance in my case. I submitted my application for Express entry on 23rd aug 2018 and got my CoPR on 14th November 2018. I am now getting married before I do my landing to someone who already has submitted her PR application and has not yet received her CoPR. I cant do my landing before the wedding as its just around the corner (jan 19th). I have submitted a webform on the cic website stating my situation and have not gotten a response yet.
Can someone here guide me as to what will be our next steps?
- My wife to be had more points than I did when we applied.
- my passport validity is till may 2019, therefore if they ask for me to resubmit my passport for a revised CoPR the validity of my passport will not be more than 6 months as it was when i was first asked to submit. I am hesitant to apply for a new passport at the moment as it would require more items to update to CIC.
- I planned on landing in Feb 2019, how delayed will now my plans get?
- Is it possible for both my wife to be and I keep our seperate PRs and just declare our marriage and land together?

I would really appreciate if someone here can state step by step what I need to do from this point onwards.

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hi Mayur
As replied by Nabeel, I and my wife have got our COPR.
My spouse documents submission was on 27th July 2018
Medical passed on 2nd August 2018
PPR on 6th December 2018
COPR On 18th December 2018

I wish you all get it ASAP.
Thanks
Hi Yousuf, can you pls tell me is your visa expiry date 1 year from medical exam date for both of you ?

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
I am required to add my spouse to my profile and need to submit her documents. I had the following queries:

1) IMM0008 - It says should be filled up for yourself and your spouse
a) Considering my spouse has to fill this up as well what category should be mentioned on her form?
b) What does she include in her spouse details in this form?
c) The top section of the page says "Applicant Name" and "Date" but even after using the latest Adobe i am unable to type into those sections

2) IMM 5406e - It says should be filled up for yourself and your spouse - For the document my spouse prepares, should she put herself in the applicant section?

3) IMM 5669 - The form that has been provided in the request letter is the old version (2012) - should i download and use the new version?

4) IMM 5562 - To be filled up by the spouse - For this document the instructions say the spouse should fill it up but the form and CIC website says it should be filled by the principal applicant (which is me and not my spouse)

5) Principal Applicant Relationship Questionnaire - Should this be typed out and then printed, signed, scanned and uploaded?

Im assuming all these forms need to be printed, signed manually, scanned and then uploaded.

Thanks
Hi,
I have the same queries as yours. How did you proceeded with all this? Thanks

MasterShifu

Jul 31, 2018
1. Webform.

2. No time, as you already have your COPR.

3. Yes. Carry proof of your spouse's PR status and proof that you informed IRCC of the marriage.
Hi @canuck_in_uk
I raised a case specific enquiry informing cic of the change in my marital status and attached all relevant documents. I even sent an email to CPC Ottawa on the same.
The next day I called up cic and the agent said that it should be okay for me to fly with my existing PR visa and CoPR.
But after almost a month of raising the CSE I got an automated email from CIC today that my application has been updated. I logged in to my account and noticed that the application status has changed from Approved to We are still reviewing the application.
I'm clueless on why the application status has changed. Will it take time to have the application move to Approved considering that my spouse is already a PR holder? Will it be okay if I travel when the application is the current state since I already have my PR visa and CoPR?
Please help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi @canuck_in_uk
I raised a case specific enquiry informing cic of the change in my marital status and attached all relevant documents. I even sent an email to CPC Ottawa on the same.
The next day I called up cic and the agent said that it should be okay for me to fly with my existing PR visa and CoPR.
But after almost a month of raising the CSE I got an automated email from CIC today that my application has been updated. I logged in to my account and noticed that the application status has changed from Approved to We are still reviewing the application.
I'm clueless on why the application status has changed. Will it take time to have the application move to Approved considering that my spouse is already a PR holder? Will it be okay if I travel when the application is the current state since I already have my PR visa and CoPR?
Please help.
You can travel. Your COPR and visa do not need to be re-issued.

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
Hello,

I recently got a request from IRCC to submit the following documents to include my spouse I am abit confused with the following.

1. Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP).
Do I have to fill two separate forms one for myself and one for my spouse? If yes, then in my spouse's form will she mention me as dependent, since I am the primary applicant. Or should she fill the form with no dependants?

2. Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);
The form asks that the primary applicant should fill it, there is a field on top mentioning to put the principal applicant name in it. So do i have to fill this form again with all my travel details and the put my spouse travel details in section b ?

Please help regarding this.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I recently got a request from IRCC to submit the following documents to include my spouse I am abit confused with the following.

1. Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP).
Do I have to fill two separate forms one for myself and one for my spouse? If yes, then in my spouse's form will she mention me as dependent, since I am the primary applicant. Or should she fill the form with no dependants?

2. Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);
The form asks that the primary applicant should fill it, there is a field on top mentioning to put the principal applicant name in it. So do i have to fill this form again with all my travel details and the put my spouse travel details in section b ?

Please help regarding this.
1. No, you fill out one form with you as the PA and your spouse as a dependent.

2. Yes.

ImmtoCan

Dec 6, 2018
Hi @canuck_in_uk
Please help.
I am in similar situation. My husband is a Canadian PR holder. I got my CoPR before getting married. Post the wedding I informed cic through web form. Since I didn't hear back from CIC, I booked my tickets and am supposed to do my landing in 10 days. However after a month of informing them, CIC updated my application and it got removed from Approved status, although the actual updates are yet to be reflected. I am unsure now if I can do the landing with my existing PR visa and CoPR. Experts @scylla @legalfalcon @zardoz please help

MasterShifu

Jul 31, 2018
You can travel. Your COPR and visa do not need to be re-issued.
Hi @canuck_in_uk
I called up CIC to check the updates done to my application and the agent informed me that my CoPR and PR Visa have been cancelled at CIC's end. She said that CoPR and PR visa are invalid and can't be used to land in Canada. She asked me to wait for further instructions from VO.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I am in similar situation. My husband is a Canadian PR holder. I got my CoPR before getting married. Post the wedding I informed cic through web form. Since I didn't hear back from CIC, I booked my tickets and am supposed to do my landing in 10 days. However after a month of informing them, CIC updated my application and it got removed from Approved status, although the actual updates are yet to be reflected. I am unsure now if I can do the landing with my existing PR visa and CoPR. Experts @scylla @legalfalcon @zardoz please help
If your family composition changes, and you inform IRCC, which you should, your Visa and COPR if issued is cancelled. IRCC will ask for the documents to add your spouse to your application, and issue you new documents.

In such circumstances, you cannot travel with the Visa issued on your passport as it is no longer valid.

Changes to family composition
All family members must be examined as part of the e-APR, whether they are accompanying the principal applicant or not. Family members can be added to the application at any time during the process, including after the visa is issued, but prior to obtaining permanent resident status. Applicants are instructed to inform IRCC immediately if their family composition has changed (e.g., birth of a child, marriage, divorce).

Pursuant to subsection R4(1), the principal applicant may not include a spouse or common-law partner in their application if their relationship was entered into primarily to acquire any status or privilege under the Act or is not genuine. Similarly, in accordance with subsection R4(2), the principal applicant may not include an adopted child in their application if the adoption was entered into primarily to obtain any status or privilege under the Act or if it did not create a genuine parent–child relationship.

Section A11.2 does not apply when an applicant adds a family member to their application after the e-APR; however, the family member will have to be assessed, and the principal applicant must provide IRCC with the Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406 (PDF, 570KB)] and pay the applicable fees online.

Last edited: