+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after PPR

MasterShifu

Jul 31, 2018
Need some help here!
I am a FSW-O applicant and received my CoPR few days before my wedding. My spouse is a Canadian PR holder currently residing in Canada. I have a couple of queries.
1) What is the best way to inform CIC of the change in my marital status? Does it have to be done through case entry or should I mail the VO or both are needed to be done?
2) How much time will it approximately take for the updation, considering my spouse is already residing in Canada and is hence non-accompanying?
2) Also my travel to Canada is planned in a few weeks. In case I don't hear from CIC would it be okay to travel on my existing CoPR?

MasterShifu

Jul 31, 2018
Need some help here!
I am a FSW-O applicant and received my CoPR few days before my wedding. My spouse is a Canadian PR holder currently residing in Canada. I have a couple of queries.
1) What is the best way to inform CIC of the change in my marital status? Does it have to be done through case entry or should I mail the VO or both are needed to be done?
2) How much time will it approximately take for the updation, considering my spouse is already residing in Canada and is hence non-accompanying?
2) Also my travel to Canada is planned in a few weeks. In case I don't hear from CIC would it be okay to travel on my existing CoPR?
@canuck_in_uk , @scylla please help with your response

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Need some help here!
1. Webform.

2. No time, as you already have your COPR.

3. Yes. Carry proof of your spouse's PR status and proof that you informed IRCC of the marriage.

Reactions: MasterShifu

asb1296

Jan 31, 2018
I am required to add my spouse to my profile and need to submit her documents. I had the following queries:

1) IMM0008 - It says should be filled up for yourself and your spouse
a) Considering my spouse has to fill this up as well what category should be mentioned on her form?
b) What does she include in her spouse details in this form?
c) The top section of the page says "Applicant Name" and "Date" but even after using the latest Adobe i am unable to type into those sections

2) IMM 5406e - It says should be filled up for yourself and your spouse - For the document my spouse prepares, should she put herself in the applicant section?

3) IMM 5669 - The form that has been provided in the request letter is the old version (2012) - should i download and use the new version?

4) IMM 5562 - To be filled up by the spouse - For this document the instructions say the spouse should fill it up but the form and CIC website says it should be filled by the principal applicant (which is me and not my spouse)

5) Principal Applicant Relationship Questionnaire - Should this be typed out and then printed, signed, scanned and uploaded?

Im assuming all these forms need to be printed, signed manually, scanned and then uploaded.

Thanks

Tj_gm

Dec 24, 2018
Guys I got married on 29th Nov, raise CSE and submitted the additional docs on 5th Jan
then after over 2 months I got Spouse's UCI generated and on 25th March got medical request...

my question here is
1) during this wait time of over 2 months do they process the additional documents or will they start processing after medicals are approved?
2) after medicals generally how much time will it take for PPR in my case?

I had received individual PPR for me before marriage.
Hi TanmaySamel
Have you and your spouse got your new PPR? How much time did it take after notifying CIC?
Also, the threads say that COPR gets cancelled and new one gets issued when adding spouse. Is it guaranteed, that a new one will be issued or it can be cancelled for any reason.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi TanmaySamel
Have you and your spouse got your new PPR? How much time did it take after notifying CIC?
Also, the threads say that COPR gets cancelled and new one gets issued when adding spouse. Is it guaranteed, that a new one will be issued or it can be cancelled for any reason.
Expect around 4 months, possibly longer, possibly shorter.

Not guaranteed. If your spouse is inadmissible, that will make you inadmissible .

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hi Yo
Type- PR- Temporary Processing" = That's just the attribute of the group.. e.g. It could be anything like PNP, EP, Workers Student etc..
What seems obvious is that it's a temporary group (batch) created to process the applications which have added spouse after lock in . Also the group is numbered '02' , so there might be another group of such applicants in the 01 group .. Further, once this group clears your file (eligibility) , a final review will take place before the PPR email.
Based on the answers of other members, once you get the status as ADNR, the file would then be moved to the other group where it would be getting a final review and issuance of PPR (8 - 10 days after ADNR).
Hi Yousuf, any update on the status if your application > The estimated completion date in my application is showing as Feb 27, 2018 but this date is already crossed long time back. What is your estimated completion date ? What is your document submission date ??

Dream-mer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hi Yo

Hi Yousuf, any update on the status if your application > The estimated completion date in my application is showing as Feb 27, 2018 but this date is already crossed long time back. What is your estimated completion date ? What is your document submission date ??
He already got ppr earlier this month

Yousef_Khan

Mar 27, 2017
Hi Yo

Hi Mayur
As replied by Nabeel, I and my wife have got our COPR.
My spouse documents submission was on 27th July 2018
Medical passed on 2nd August 2018
PPR on 6th December 2018
COPR On 18th December 2018

I wish you all get it ASAP.
Thanks

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hi Mayur
As replied by Nabeel, I and my wife have got our COPR.
My spouse documents submission was on 27th July 2018
Medical passed on 2nd August 2018
PPR on 6th December 2018
COPR On 18th December 2018

I wish you all get it ASAP.
Thanks
Oh Great !! Good luck and happy journey :)))

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Waiting since 5 months after wife's docs submission
What is the estimated completion date showing in your online application ?? I submitted my spouse documents in July 30th 2018, but my estimated completion date is showing as Feb 27th 2018 which is crossed long back. i wrote them mail but got generic response. Don't know where it got stuck.

Dream-mer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
What is the estimated completion date showing in your online application ?? I submitted my spouse documents in July 30th 2018, but my estimated completion date is showing as Feb 27th 2018 which is crossed long back. i wrote them mail but got generic response. Don't know where it got stuck.
Estimated completion date is nothing but a date which is six months after your AOR. dont take it seriously. Mine is 13 Feb 2018. Have you got ppr yet as a single applicant?