+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after PPR

Dame5891

Sep 12, 2018
Good day everyone,
Please I need advise on what to do.. I applied for the FSW Immigration category as a single lady, but now i am engaged and would be getting married in November. My PPR came in yesterday and i want to add my husband. We already got our marriage license in August. What do I do please?

CathyKellyChen

Mar 7, 2017
China
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2015
Nomination.....
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-02-2017
Interview........
19-07-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
Good day everyone,
Please I need advise on what to do.. I applied for the FSW Immigration category as a single lady, but now i am engaged and would be getting married in November. My PPR came in yesterday and i want to add my husband. We already got our marriage license in August. What do I do please?
You should've posted ur question here sooner. The first thing after you get officially married is to inform IRCC about it! The longer you delay, the higher risk of mispresentation you'll be running.

So plz DO IT UPON SEEING THIS REPLY! Write to both CPCO(Case Processing Centre of Ottawa) and your local visa office through web form, tell them about the change of family configuration and ask them what documents u have to submit.

Best wishes~~~

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hi,
I got my ppr and have a plan to get married before I land.. In order to be clear and honest with CIC, I sent them an email prior to wedding day and informed them about upcoming change in my status. In response, they put an email (pdf file) in my profile stating that yo should land before you get married and then apply for sponsorship. If you should wait until after the wedding and add your spouse to the current application, we must re-open the application and assess your spouse, and you will be placed newly into the queue for processing. As such, we are unable to guarantee that the application will be re-approved.
This last sentence makes me feel worried that our common application may not be approved. On the other hand, applying for sponsorship makes us distant for at least a year which is so frustrating...
Any advise? Has anybody received the same response before?
You should not have informed before wedding day. Only after getting married, you should inform them. I can understand how frustrating it might be for you. Can you please tell which is your local visa office ? Mine is NDVO. I added my wife 2 months back and status is still same ( my original application got approved in 3 weeks) . I think they put me newly into the queue again :(

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
We received our second medical requests on 9th Aug, and now the account says we have passed them. The only thing left is wait for the grand finale.

As I learnt from my GCMS note, a wedding ,however small-scale , would be the key evidence of a relationship, and I suppose that's why you haven't been required to attend an interview.

Thank you for your kind regards, and I hope everything would work out well for you two.
Hi Cathy, i also added my spouse after getting my 1st PPR. Her application is still under process. I want to check in GCMS. Can i check in GCMS as i am not Permanent resident yet?, if yes, how ? Thanks.

CathyKellyChen

Mar 7, 2017
China
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2015
Nomination.....
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-02-2017
Interview........
19-07-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
Hi Cathy, i also added my spouse after getting my 1st PPR. Her application is still under process. I want to check in GCMS. Can i check in GCMS as i am not Permanent resident yet?, if yes, how ? Thanks.
U won't be able access GCMS note until you land. However, u can entrust a maple leaf card holder with this task and ask him/her to forward the email to your own mailbox. Remember to fill in the consent form involved in this entrustment.

Yousef_Khan

Mar 27, 2017
Hello guys, I have added my spouse to my existing application on 27th July 2018 and haven't got any update yet and the status just shows "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided" . I received GCMS notes and have found that they have assigned my application to an IRCC group called "addition of Spouse after lock in"...
Any update from others who have similar circumstances?

Yousef_Khan

Mar 27, 2017
you can order it on third party website such as getgcms for USD15 or INR1000

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hello guys, I have added my spouse to my existing application on 27th July 2018 and haven't got any update yet and the status just shows "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided" . I received GCMS notes and have found that they have assigned my application to an IRCC group called "addition of Spouse after lock in"...
Any update from others who have similar circumstances?
Hi Yousef, i also added my wife around the same time and it shows same status as yours. Even though i dint order GCMS, i can understand from your GCMS notes that my application too is lying with the same IRCC group. I am guessing that all similar applications worldwide must be in this queue. So, if this a global queue then we might be badly stuck ! Can you pls tell me from your GCMS notes if this IRCC group is linked to a visa office (VO) or not ?

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
If you don't see upload button, send through webform and email Ottawa office.
Hi Gowtham, i submitted my wife documents in last week of July 2018 and on 1st Aug 2018, it says medicals passed. But after that, it is still under review. Can you pls tell me how quickly u got the 2nd PPR mail after passing medicals? I am wondering whether my application is stuck in local visa office (VO) queue or some other global queue ! Thanks.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
To those adding their spouse after submitting your application, whether you have already received PPR or not, is the same for all, that is, your spouse’s documents will be assessed and will take at least 4-12 weeks or so.

My husband’s took 11 weeks.

And yes, you can order GCMS even if you are not in Canada. There are lots of third party websites that offer those services like GetGCMS.com. I ordered mine 3 times during the processing.

Good luck to all.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Good day everyone,
AFAIK, marriage license and marriage certificate are two different things. A license authorizes you to get married, and a Certificate is a proof that you are already married.

For your case, inform IRCC only after your actual marriage.

Yousef_Khan

Mar 27, 2017
Hi Yousef, i also added my wife around the same time and it shows same status as yours. Even though i dint order GCMS, i can understand from your GCMS notes that my application too is lying with the same IRCC group. I am guessing that all similar applications worldwide must be in this queue. So, if this a global queue then we might be badly stuck ! Can you pls tell me from your GCMS notes if this IRCC group is linked to a visa office (VO) or not ?
Hi Mayur,
It appears that the IRCC group is located at Ottawa, Canada. This is as per the GCMS notes and the communication between me and the IRCC call center agent.

Yousef_Khan

Mar 27, 2017
AFAIK, marriage license and marriage certificate are two different things. A license authorizes you to get married, and a Certificate is a proof that you are already married.

For your case, inform IRCC only after your actual marriage.
You are right, marriage licence is just a prior intimation and intention to get married . Holding it does not change the marital status of an individual.