07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
@Zuesnas this is the right thread

Answers to your questions in red text.

Hi guys,

I got married after getting my pr visa stamped. I have a good six months for first landing but I don’t know how to proceed now.

Should I go and land in canada and get my pr card or should I first disclose that I have got married and then wait for Cic to reply?
- You need to update CIC that you got married

In case I disclose my status change what would the process entail now for me and my wife?
- see my previous post below

Also, can cic really know if I have married or not until I disclose it since I already have the pr visa stamped? What if I get the pr card after landing and then disclose a month later that I have married, will I be able to sponsor my wife then?
- No, you won’t be able to sponsor your wife if you will not disclose it when you land as this is a misrepresentation. They will know that you got married after receiving COPR and before landing from your marriage certificate.

Please help guys, I am really confused.
@mayurd I know you only wanted to understand the requirements and process of adding your spouse to your application, but all queries, I believe, had been answered by the good members of this forum.

1) Basically, you will only inform CIC about your marriage after the actual marriage, be it a court/civil wedding or traditional marriage ceremony.

2) Raise a CSE, or email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca or your local VO (if known), then wait for their reply on how to send your spouse’s documents, either by email or through your CIC account. Wait time will take 1 day to 1 month. I got mine in less than 24 hours.

3) More or less, this will be the reply you will receive, and the document checklist too:

To advise us of a change to your family composition, please send us a signed letter via mail or email, providing us with all required changes to your file. The following information must be included in the letter if we are to make the changes:

- full name,
- date of birth,
- file number [Letter followed by a nine-digit number],
- telephone number, including area code,
- mailing address

As we require your signature on this information, please note that your current family composition has not been amended in our records.

How to add your spouse to your application:

In order to add your spouse to your application, we require the following documents:

· Updated IMM0008 Generic form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself

· Schedule A Background Declaration form, and a Family Information form completed and signed by your spouse

· Processing fee for your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)

· Notarized copy of the birth certificate of your spouse

· Copy of your spouse’s valid passport

· Two recent passport-size photographs of your spouse according to the specifications

· A copy of your marriage certificate and marriage registration

· A few wedding photographs

· Police clearance certificates for any country in which the spouse has resided in for 6 months or more since turning 18

(see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp for more information)

· The Right of Permanent Residence Fee will need to be paid before a visa can be issued to your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)

· A “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your spouse ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec (http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html)

Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are required.

The required forms can be downloaded at:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008ENU_2D.pdf
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.PDF

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5669E.pdf

4) The wedding photographs that you have been asking around the forum are any picture taken during the marriage ceremony (traditional, court, etc). If you do not have any single picture taken, explain it.

5) Medical exam is not on the list but your spouse can take an upfront medical exam just like when you had your medicals. Upload the Medical Information Sheet with the documents above. Otherwise, you will be ask to submit it at a later time.

I hope this helps you and other members adding their spouse in the future. All the best to you.

amadn

Apr 14, 2018
Hi Guys,

Background:

I am a graduating next month from UBC, Vancouver and then I am planning to start my PGWP and PR application together. However, I am also planning to get married before the end of this year. Now I understand that it's better to get married after eAPR so that my scores are not recalculated. But I am still unclear about the timeline or correct/fastest way to go through the PR process so that both of can get PR together.

My questions are -

1. Is this timeline of events correct - apply for PR, get ITA, send eAPR, get married (before or after PPR), update CIC, send additional documents supporting the marriage, get CoPR, PPR and done?
2. At what point should my fiancée get her police clearance and medical exam done? Do we have to update CIC after the wedding in order to get some unique ID for her or simply get the exam/clearance done before/immediately after the wedding and update the records?
3. How long are the medical exam and police clearance valid for?
4. Since I would have my PGWP before I get married (i.e. by going back to India for the wedding and coming back alone) there won't be any immigration issues in Canada?
5. Do we have to submit everything online or go to the VO (my fiancée is in Delhi)?

I have already been through a lot of threads on this forum and I greatly appreciate your support.

Thanks!

Rid1

Dec 13, 2017
I am so excited i got another PPR :D

Journey so far
PNP-Inland
AOR Nov 16th
MEP Dec 12th
IP Dec 12th
ADR Jan 4th
Submitted Jan 5th
1st PPR Feb 27th
Got Married March 28th and notified Ottawa office same day
Received response March 29th
Uploaded spouse document April 7th
Medical request April 9th
Medical passed April 13th
2nd PPR April 19th
I am still surprised cos i was not expecting to get it this fast. Thank GOD
Goodluck to others waiting for PPR it will come soon.

dipantika

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Got 2nd PPR today :)
Here's my timeline :
WES ECA : 16th August 2017
IELTS : 19th August 2017 : LRWS 9,9,7.5,7
EE Profile submitted : 19th September 2017 ; CRS 471
ITA : 4th October 2017
AOR : 27th November 2017
PPR : 15th December 2017
COPR : 10th January 2018
Got Married : 8th March 2018
Informed CIC about the change : 21st March 2018
Got request letter for spouse documents : 22nd March 2018
Returned my COPR : 24th March 2018
Uploaded Spouse Documents : 9th April 2018
Spouse UCI assigned : 10th April 2018
Spouse Medicals Passed : 16th April 2018
PPR for myself & spouse : 20th April 2018
CPC Ottawa
Wish you all good luck!!!

obaidullahjan

May 27, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Doc's Request.
02-08-2017
AOR Received.
24-07-2017
Here's my timeline :
CPC Ottawa
Congrats! Where did they tell you to return the passport with CoPR for cancellation? I notified them about my marriage recently highlighting that have a CoPR already. They sent me a a message in my account listing all the documents that I have to provide such as fee receipt, police certificate, etc. They didn't ask me to return so just wondering if I have missed it. Thanks!

shukladhwani

Sep 28, 2017
Hi,

I remember you were doing this process from India I guess. Where did you send your COPR and passport. I am in the same boat as you, Submitting all docs on Monday. I asked them where to send the passport and COPR. Can you advise please.

Here's my timeline :
CPC Ottawa

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
hi guys, My Medical is going to expire and I have been asked to submit the my new medical and there is an attached form along with the request letter. I am asked to take that form for medical. now my questions are:

1. do I need to submit this medical form to doctor or I should get it back and upload?

2. What is the process when they ask for medical again? Will they give me acknowledgement form again like the one they shared when I did my Medical’s earlier?

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
hi guys, My Medical is going to expire and I have been asked to submit the my new medical and there is an attached form along with the request letter. I am asked to take that form for medical. now my questions are:

1. do I need to submit this medical form to doctor or I should get it back and upload?

2. What is the process when they ask for medical again? Will they give me acknowledgement form again like the one they shared when I did my Medical’s earlier?
Please suggest

Samour

Mar 1, 2018
Lebanon
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-09-2017
AOR Received.
12-09-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2017
Passport Req..
07-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2018
Regarding getting married after PPR but before landing.

If the spouse is a Canadian citizen, what is required?
Proof of Marriage and Passport only?

Does a new visa have to be issued or do they just update the application?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Samer

dipantika

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi,

I remember you were doing this process from India I guess. Where did you send your COPR and passport. I am in the same boat as you, Submitting all docs on Monday. I asked them where to send the passport and COPR. Can you advise please.
Hey. Just saw this now. I sent my COPR and passport via VFS itself. Just like we need to send after PPR.

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
I am so excited i got another PPR :D

Journey so far
PNP-Inland
AOR Nov 16th
MEP Dec 12th
IP Dec 12th
ADR Jan 4th
Submitted Jan 5th
1st PPR Feb 27th
Got Married March 28th and notified Ottawa office same day
Received response March 29th
Uploaded spouse document April 7th
Medical request April 9th
Medical passed April 13th
2nd PPR April 19th
I am still surprised cos i was not expecting to get it this fast. Thank GOD
Goodluck to others waiting for PPR it will come soon.
Hey Congrats on the marriage and the PR success!
My question - AFAK, you are required to submit PCC for your spouse. I can see that you uploaded your spouse' document within a week. Did you get your spouse to initiate PCC process anticipating this because in my country (India) getting PCC can take a long time...so if I wait till CIC to ask for it, I wont be able to get in the standard 7 days time frame that they provide to gather all the documents.

Rid1

Dec 13, 2017
Hey Congrats on the marriage and the PR success!
My question - AFAK, you are required to submit PCC for your spouse. I can see that you uploaded your spouse' document within a week. Did you get your spouse to initiate PCC process anticipating this because in my country (India) getting PCC can take a long time...so if I wait till CIC to ask for it, I wont be able to get in the standard 7 days time frame that they provide to gather all the documents.
I applied for PCC before i got notified to submit her documents. You can start the process so by the time you get notified it would be ready.

CathyKellyChen

Mar 7, 2017
China
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2015
Nomination.....
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-02-2017
Interview........
19-07-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
Hi guys, I got married after PPR and It's been over six months since the generation of my husband's UCI. Is there anything I can do to expedite the process?

category: OINP

Visa office : Hong Kong

Timeline:
AOR: Mar 3 2017
Mep: Jun 9
PPR: Sept 27
Married: Oct 10
Documents of marriage submitted: Nov 21
Generation of my husband's UCI: Nov 28

I was told that ordering GCMS notes could accelerate the process , so I entrusted a PR friend within Canada to do so. But to my disappointment, there hasn't been anything in his mailbox yet since his ordering on Mar 15 2018.

I tried to contact HKVO via web form , but received no reply;
I telephoned the call centre in Ottawa once---the operator told me the info he has access to was pretty much the same as that could be seen in my online account.

So, anything else I can do? The long wait is quite excruciating.

I'd appreciate if you can give me any advice.

One other thing: unlike most of you who uploaded your spouse's documents via the slots in your online account, I submitted them via web form. So, does the generation of my husband's UCI mean that they have received those documents and that they are , according to the earlier request letter, complete?