+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after PPR

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Very weird, but it seems like I got PPR again. Not sure if it's a glitch in their system. Anyone else got PPR?

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got PPR too!!

The email however is addressed only to me, no mention of my spouse although it reads "you and your accompanying dependants" a lot but it's the same email I received when I got PPR when I was single. I presume this is Ok and I should proceed and post both of our passports now?

Edit: Also online application is not updated yet, but I remember it being the same when I got PPR before. Only ets updated after getting COPR IIRC.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Ufa6174 said:
I got PPR too!!

The email however is addressed only to me, no mention of my spouse although it reads "you and your accompanying dependants" a lot but it's the same email I received when I got PPR when I was single. I presume this is Ok and I should proceed and post both of our passports now?

Edit: Also online application is not updated yet, but I remember it being the same when I got PPR before. Only ets updated after getting COPR IIRC.
Cool. Congrats.

I personally am not super convinced that they finished processing my application in a couple of days. So am going to wait for a few more days to see if they send out an email saying "mistakenly sent".

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
Congratulations guys! That's a quick one...

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Nitz_Au said:
Congratulations guys! That's a quick one...
Hey Nitz_Au, I was thinking about why they might be delaying your application. It occurred to me that your spouse is male. Now, I can't say for sure, but it probably seems reasonable that background and security checks are more stringent for males. In any case, I wish you a speedy PPR. Good luck!

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it's highly dependent on the VO deadbird. I remember there were whole EE applications, not just spouse additions which are typically much faster, who were approved in a matter of 3 weeks. One VO, IIRC in Africa, has turned around applications in a matter of weeks consistently for a few applicants. The processing center in Ottawa redistributes application to VOs based on capacity, so I wouldn't be reluctant in your case to believe that the email you received was genuine. You were just considerably lucky :)

One question: Did the PPR email only address you and not mention your spouse's name, like mine?

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Ufa6174 said:
I think it's highly dependent on the VO deadbird. I remember there were whole EE applications, not just spouse additions which are typically much faster, who were approved in a matter of 3 weeks. One VO, IIRC in Africa, has turned around applications in a matter of weeks consistently for a few applicants. The processing center in Ottawa redistributes application to VOs based on capacity, so I wouldn't be reluctant in your case to believe that the email you received was genuine. You were just considerably lucky :)

One question: Did the PPR email only address you and not mention your spouse's name, like mine?
Yeah, my PPR is similar to yours; just my name.

Aroonabi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Is getting married before PPR any different from getting married after PPR?? i am an OINP nominated, got my ITA, will apply jn few days. i am planning to marry around may. i don't really know if I'd get PPR then or not. would it matter if i marry before PPR?

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Aroonabi said:
Is getting married before PPR any different from getting married after PPR?? i am an OINP nominated, got my ITA, will apply jn few days. i am planning to marry around may. i don't really know if I'd get PPR then or not. would it matter if i marry before PPR?
If you marry after ITA and before AOR then your points will be recalculated (your points might reduce)
If you marry after AOR and before landing then your points will be the same.
If you marry after landing then you will have to sponsor your spouse (a very lengthy and painful process)

In summary, you can marry any time after AOR and before landing. PPR is coincidental.

Ramniwas

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
does I have to add my spouse name on n my passport if I am adding my wife after ppr.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Ramniwas said:
does I have to add my spouse name on n my passport if I am adding my wife after ppr.
Not for Canadian immigration purposes. I would wait until after landing to update the name on your passport, otherwise you may face unnecessary delays.

soye01

Mar 30, 2016
Hello,

Please how long did it take you to get the PPR after adding your spouse. My spouse added me to the application jan 2016, i was asked for additional docs and medicals in may and thats all that has happened apart from their last email in oct requesting for him to do his medicals again since it already expired.

the waiting is really tiring i must confess.

thanks

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
soye01 said:
Hello,

Please how long did it take you to get the PPR after adding your spouse. My spouse added me to the application jan 2016, i was asked for additional docs and medicals in may and thats all that has happened apart from their last email in oct requesting for him to do his medicals again since it already expired.

the waiting is really tiring i must confess.

thanks
Typically it takes around 2 to 3 months, but there is a lot of variance. It was quite fast for me, within a few days.