+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after PPR

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Hey folks. Did you notice a discrepancy between the requested IMM0008 forms?

The letter from CIC requests the following
<i>Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP</i> which links to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008ENU_2D.pdf form.

whereas MyCiC has the following entry for uploading IMM 0008
<i>IMM 0008DEP Add Deps/Dec</i> which links to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008DEPENU.pdf

At first glance, it appears that IMM0008ENU_2D encompasses both the principal applicant and the dependent, whereas IMM0008DEPENU is only for the dependent.

Did you guys face a similar discrepancy? if so which form did you submit?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deadbird said:

<i>Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP</i> which links to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008ENU_2D.pdf form.

<i>IMM 0008DEP Add Deps/Dec</i> which links to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008DEPENU.pdf

At first glance, it appears that IMM0008ENU_2D encompasses both the principal applicant and the dependent, whereas IMM0008DEPENU is only for the dependent.

Submit either of those, no difference.

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deadbird said:

I submitted the _2D one, as per the letter's instructions.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
In your opinion, does a marriage license which looks something like this work?

This is in contrast to an official marriage certificate which looks more like this?

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deadbird said:
In your opinion, does a marriage license which looks something like this work?

This is in contrast to an official marriage certificate which looks more like this?

No point overthinking about this - you need to submit in 2 days and all you have is the marriage license, with your marriage certificate taking until late January 2017 to be issued. If I were you I'd:

1. Upload marriage license.
2. Upload LOE explaining your situation, attaching the email where you'd requested additional time for receiving the marriage certificate (possibly attaching any piece of evidence that it'll take up to that date, like processing time written on receipt, or website), and indicating the latest date by which you'll provide it via CSE.
3. Calmly and patiently wait until the marriage certificate is issued, knowing wholeheartedly that you did everything you were possible to do :)

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Ufa6174 said:
No point overthinking about this - you need to submit in 2 days and all you have is the marriage license, with your marriage certificate taking until late January 2017 to be issued. If I were you I'd:

1. Upload marriage license.
2. Upload LOE explaining your situation, attaching the email where you'd requested additional time for receiving the marriage certificate (possibly attaching any piece of evidence that it'll take up to that date, like processing time written on receipt, or website), and indicating the latest date by which you'll provide it via CSE.
3. Calmly and patiently wait until the marriage certificate is issued, knowing wholeheartedly that you did everything you were possible to do :)
Some good news on my side :) The marriage license bureau really stepped up and issued us the official marriage certificate after I started calling them every other day. Problem solved.

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
deadbird said:
Finished uploading all the docs for my spouse with a day to spare. Finally feeling some relief :)
That's good to hear. Good luck to all of us!

The pain of waiting struck again!
:-\

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
deadbird said:
Finished uploading all the docs for my spouse with a day to spare. Finally feeling some relief :)

Did all your status boxes reset? The medical remains Passed to date, no update on his Medicals yet.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Nitz_Au said:
Did all your status boxes reset? The medical remains Passed to date, no update on his Medicals yet.

This is what it looks like for me..

Application/profile statusOpen
Review of eligibilityReview in Progress
Review of medical resultsPassed
Review of submitted documentsProvided
Scheduling an interviewNot needed at this time
A background check is neededIn Progress
Final decisionNot Started

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
deadbird said:
This is what it looks like for me..

Application/profile statusOpen
Review of eligibilityReview in Progress
Review of medical resultsPassed
Review of submitted documentsProvided
Scheduling an interviewNot needed at this time
A background check is neededIn Progress
Final decisionNot Started
Exactly same like mine...

naman.tuteja

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I am planning to get married after my landing. I will be going back home once I receive my PR card.
What should be my next step(s) to get my wifey PR done? Can she get a Work Permit? Does she have to physically be in Canada to do this (on Travel Visa)?

Please advise.

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
naman.tuteja said:
Hi everyone,

I am planning to get married after my landing. I will be going back home once I receive my PR card.
What should be my next step(s) to get my wifey PR done? Can she get a Work Permit? Does she have to physically be in Canada to do this (on Travel Visa)?

Please advise.
You can sponsor her under Family Class-Spousal Sponsorship which is 1 year processing times nowadays if applied Inland. It's a paper based application. She can apply for a WP when you receive AOR which will take about 2 months for you to get.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/family-class-sponsorship-b5.0/

naman.tuteja

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nitz_Au said:
You can sponsor her under Family Class-Spousal Sponsorship which is 1 year processing times nowadays if applied Inland. It's a paper based application. She can apply for a WP when you receive AOR which will take about 2 months for you to get.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/family-class-sponsorship-b5.0/
Thank you so much for the information.

Does she have to be in Canada while applying for the WP? OR She can do it from back home??

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
naman.tuteja said:
Thank you so much for the information.

Does she have to be in Canada while applying for the WP? OR She can do it from back home??
Yes she can apply for SOWP from her home country provided you have the AOR. The wait times may differ depending on VO. Im not well versed about its process cause it's complex that's the reason why I added my spouse before landing. You may ask people from Family Sponsorship discussion board and for sure they'll give you first hand information.
All the best!