+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gettin New SIN Number

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
Hello all, can we apply SIN online with the letter that we received for PR card as a proof of address? The address is our friend’s address. Also, we are currently in US is it okay to apply SIN online now with the PR card letter or friend’s address proof? Thanks

d.c.sharma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
That's great, how did you track this? How did you know SIN created on a certain date?

I have applied online on May/07, waiting for updates...
Hey, what did you provide as the address proof? And what is your application reference number?

Last edited:

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Hello,
Has anyone here received their PR cards? Landed on 28March and i am yet to receive mine. @All
Flagpoled/Landed March 14th, still no PR card.

IRCC changed the processing time of pr cards production to 113 days so that’s almost 4 months waiting time. Well, hopefully they wont extend after that...

SVW_87

May 22, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have landed in Canada and was able to validate a few things online which I missed earlier:

1. The SIN cannot be applied at open serviceontario outlets.

2. The proof of address should have the applicant's name on it.

Both the things are explicitly mentioned on the website: proof of address section & how to apply header on the website

So ,I guess the only option left is to open a bank account once the self.isolation period ends.

pooja169usp

Apr 24, 2020
Hey guys, I am a bit confused here. @aabiola says he applied on 4th May and his series is 59k while @pooja169usp applied on 7th May and her series is 39k. Aren't the numbers generated in some kind of sequence. Could you guys confirm again if you shared the numbers correctly @aabiola and @pooja169usp .
I applied on 7th May and my application number is 39K. Even I was surprised.

Reactions: d.c.sharma