+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gettin New SIN Number

d.c.sharma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Mine is in the range of 41k...

Additionally, I got a letter yesterday for my kid's application stating that they can't issue SIN since not enough documents though I have submitted all required ones.

Waiting for my letter still...
Do you mind sharing what documents did you send for your kid's application, it could be helpful for us.

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Do you mind sharing what documents did you send for your kid's application, it could be helpful for us.
Below are the ones I have uploaded with my kid's application -
  • COPR (Kid)
  • Passport (Kid)
  • PR Confirmation letter (Kid)
  • COPR (myself)
  • Passport (myself)
  • PR Confirmation letter (myself)

But, what I got to know is that we also need to include Driving License (myself, for ID proof) - resubmitted the application again for my kid with my DL. Let's see...

MahtaAlijani

Nov 26, 2019
mine is 35K and I called them today and she told me it issued today and I will receive the confirmation letter in 5-10 business days

d.c.sharma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Below are the ones I have uploaded with my kid's application -
  • COPR (Kid)
  • Passport (Kid)
  • PR Confirmation letter (Kid)
  • COPR (myself)
  • Passport (myself)
  • PR Confirmation letter (myself)

But, what I got to know is that we also need to include Driving License (myself, for ID proof) - resubmitted the application again for my kid with my DL. Let's see...
Hey, right, I think you're missing the proof of address. I think I read somewhere on this thread that they are not considering Driving Licence as an address proof, so better check on that, because otherwise your application might get rejected again.

d.c.sharma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
I am also confused, I applied on 12 May, my series is 53k. So when should I be expecting it?
I think maybe @aabiola made a mistake. Let him/her reply. Because looking at other people who applied on 7th May, their series is around 39k and you applied on 12th May, so 53k makes perfect sense. I applied on 21st, mine is 76k

AHYO

Jan 17, 2015
Is there anyone who used the confirmation of PR letter as primary document (without COPR and PR card) and got the SIN?

d.c.sharma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Got my SIN today by mail.
Issued date was May 20th.
Applied on May 13th (56k series)
Good luck everyone.
Hey, Congratulations on getting your SIN. It's great that you just received it within 2 weeks. Could you please share which province are you from and are you a new immigrant and applied for First SIN?