+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gettin New SIN Number

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Hey, Congratulations
Do you know why was it rejected earlier?
And were the address proofs in your name??
First time I think it’s due to address. The letter was in general asking me to submit primary, secondary and address proof. First time I submitted drivers licence. I’m on my OWP and waiting for PR. So everything is under my spouse name. I submitted phone bill. Bills were under my spouse name but my name is under subscriber. Cc bill I was under supplementary card. Health insurance which I got for me under my name and my Address in Toronto. I also added a letter of drivers licence which came from provincial gov. So add as much as u can if ur not having any address proof under ur name. I see some of the members used hydro bill even though their name was not ter but same address they have given for copr I think.

Reactions: d.c.sharma

d.c.sharma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
First time I think it’s due to address. The letter was in general asking me to submit primary, secondary and address proof. First time I submitted drivers licence. I’m on my OWP and waiting for PR. So everything is under my spouse name. I submitted phone bill. Bills were under my spouse name but my name is under subscriber. Cc bill I was under supplementary card. Health insurance which I got for me under my name and my Address in Toronto. I also added a letter of drivers licence which came from provincial gov. So add as much as u can if ur not having any address proof under ur name. I see some of the members used hydro bill even though their name was not ter but same address they have given for copr I think.
Thanks for the update. :)

aabiola

Aug 24, 2018
Hi,
I received my SIN number today by mail. Based on the document date, this is my timeline:

6 April - Online application - 1633
22 April - Rejected letter sent
29 April - Received in Mail
(General Letter and doesn’t told what was wrong )
29 April - Again applied online with other address proof (Phone bill, Bank CC statement, Insurance Copy) - App No : 17600 series
13 May - SIN created by Service Canada
14 May - Dispatched
22 May - SIN received in the Mail (Toronto)

I hope this helps !!!
Congratulations... Please I will like to know how you knew that SIN was created 13 of may...thanks

Mom of 2 boys

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hello everyone , so I’m yet to land , I was supposed to come early April but I got stuck in my country due to flight suspension. I can see there is an availability to apply online for SIN now , however can I apply right now before landing ?? I’m trying to gain some time. I can’t imagine I may have to wait for more than a month when I come to get it !! Any advice ?? TIA
Ps : I have a friend’s address that I can provide as an address proof

Icke

Jan 29, 2019
Germany
Hello everyone , so I’m yet to land , I was supposed to come early April but I got stuck in my country due to flight suspension. I can see there is an availability to apply online for SIN now , however can I apply right now before landing ?? I’m trying to gain some time. I can’t imagine I may have to wait for more than a month when I come to get it !! Any advice ?? TIA
Ps : I have a friend’s address that I can provide as an address proof
As far as I n is you can’t . You need a proof of landing.

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
No it's the hydro bill in my brother's name with his address where I'm currently staying. I saw a few posts where it worked out, hope it works out for me too.
Thank u... I am also in the same situation and we do not have a permanent address in Canada except for a friend of ours so we are thinking of giving their bank letters or hydro bills (their name and their address) and hoping it should work out. So let’s know once u have a progress with your SIN.

d.c.sharma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Thank u... I am also in the same situation and we do not have a permanent address in Canada except for a friend of ours so we are thinking of giving their bank letters or hydro bills (their name and their address) and hoping it should work out. So let’s know once u have a progress with your SIN.
I would suggest you to initiate the process with your friend's documents. Coz anyways if you are in 14 day quarantine, you can't get your bank account created and SIN takes almost 3 weeks to get delivered. So even if they decline your online application, you can apply again with your own bank statements after 20 days. And if it works out for you, you would save yourself some time. Think about it

Reactions: SaraRahul

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
I would suggest you to initiate the process with your friend's documents. Coz anyways if you are in 14 day quarantine, you can't get your bank account created and SIN takes almost 3 weeks to get delivered. So even if they decline your online application, you can apply again with your own bank statements after 20 days. And if it works out for you, you would save yourself some time. Think about it
Hi... yes that’s ok but for primary doc we need to show the signed CoPR right ( proof of landing). We are planning our travel in first week of June only.

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hi,
I received my SIN number today by mail. Based on the document date, this is my timeline:

6 April - Online application - 1633
22 April - Rejected letter sent
29 April - Received in Mail
(General Letter and doesn’t told what was wrong )
29 April - Again applied online with other address proof (Phone bill, Bank CC statement, Insurance Copy) - App No : 17600 series
13 May - SIN created by Service Canada
14 May - Dispatched
22 May - SIN received in the Mail (Toronto)

I hope this helps !!!
That's great, how did you track this? How did you know SIN created on a certain date?

I have applied online on May/07, waiting for updates...