+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gettin New SIN Number

MahtaAlijani

Nov 26, 2019
Hi
If i may ask?! When did you apply for the SIN online?
I applied once on 28th April and then I realized that driver's licence may not be a good proof of address and then applied on May 5th with my mobile bill.
Today I called them and she said documents are correct but didn't say based of which one of these dates.

Reactions: KosVin

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Hey, we were able to connect with Service Canada agent today (surprisingly the wait time is just 1 hour and 9 minutes! lol) so the SIN of my spouse was processed yesterday (application series 26000) and already mailed this morning, so we would expect to have it by next week since its coming from NB...

probably yours will be coming this week since you have the 11000 series...
Hey !! Have u got ur husband SIN ? Pls give us a update if u receive.

kevinlphan

May 22, 2019
Hi everyone,

I'm an inland applicant. Got a letter on May 1st saying that I am now a PR without having to go through a landing interview.

I used that letter to apply for new SIN (online) on May 1st as well and just got the new SIN in the mail today. The SIN letter is dated May 08th though.

Reactions: Skp1310

kimber123

May 8, 2019
Hey guys so I have been following this forum to track how soon sin cards/letters come and mines did . I came to Canada(Toronto) as a Pr on March 23 and I applied online May 5th and I got my sin number today ( date on letter was May 12) . Just wanted others that are still waiting to know it’s coming once you send in the documents they requested. Stay safe guys

Reactions: ryeCatcher

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Hey guys so I have been following this forum to track how soon sin cards/letters come and mines did . I came to Canada(Toronto) as a Pr on March 23 and I applied online May 5th and I got my sin number today ( date on letter was May 12) . Just wanted others that are still waiting to know it’s coming once you send in the documents they requested. Stay safe guys
Thanks, did you receive your PR card as well?

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Are you guys on H1B Visa? Do you know if you can come back to USA with H1B Visa?
How about if your visa stamp is no longer valid but have approved I-797 ?
I am on H4 and husband is on H1B. I am not sure about the part about expired visa ... you can check out the other thread in this forum - COPR and corona virus... there were some discussions regarding ARV.

Akshay10

Jul 24, 2019
but on that letter they mentioned that you are permanent resident right now and you can use all governmental benefits, why is it not accepted?
Yes. They did mention that I am a permanent resident and I can avail the benefits using the letter until I get the PR card. I got my health card with that letter. For some reason, they are asking for additional documents and I am not sure what I am missing, as letter I got from service Canada is so generic. The call center agent told me I have uploaded all the docs needed and I'll get it. I'll wait for to see what happens with my re-application.

Regards,
Akshay

SVW_87

May 22, 2019
Hi everyone ,

I have been following this forum for a while and just wanted to ask a few questions. I will be landing on 24 May and Immediately move to a hotel for self isolation for 14 days.

Q1. On the 15/16th day I plan to open an account with TD bank without a SIN number, deposit some money there and ask for a stamped bank statement. Should I use this paper OR ask them to mail a statement to my address to use as proof of address. ?

Q2. The service Canada website lists a few centers which are open but urges ones to not visit unless extremely essential. Can we not visit those and get a SIN ?

Thanks in advance :)

eksray

May 19, 2017
Hi everyone ,

I have been following this forum for a while and just wanted to ask a few questions. I will be landing on 24 May and Immediately move to a hotel for self isolation for 14 days.

Q1. On the 15/16th day I plan to open an account with TD bank without a SIN number, deposit some money there and ask for a stamped bank statement. Should I use this paper OR ask them to mail a statement to my address to use as proof of address. ?

Q2. The service Canada website lists a few centers which are open but urges ones to not visit unless extremely essential. Can we not visit those and get a SIN ?
I wish you a happy landing :)

A1: Ask them to do both. If you're headed to Ontario, then ServiceOntario will ask you to produce an original mailed copy of the bank statement in order to issue your OHIP card. Not sure about other provinces.

A2: I'm curious to know in which page is that mentioned?

Reactions: Skp1310