+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get Passport back

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
For those that have renewed their RTD with PR card, what's the appropriate to fill in the column SECTION 3: Proof of Immigration Status in Canada as the Document Number when option PR card is chosen? I have seen different opinion from people stating it is the UCI #,CoPR #, and the Alphanumeric at the back of PR card, so I'm kind of confused a little bit.

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Me and my husband went there today & got the same response that my husband's passport is not there & the lady at the reception gave us the contact number which is just an automated message. Can you share any further information regarding how to get the passport back & whom should we contact? Thanks
i just called the number that the lady gave me,i talked to an agent, and she told me that i need to write a letter and send it to the hamilton office, explaining that i am on PR and they didn't return my passport yet. however i didn't have the time to mail the letter, but im going to mail it this week.

Reactions: DBI and kaurpreet

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Usually you go to the same office where you submitted your claim (CIC if you submitted inside Canada or CBSA airport office if you submitted it at the POE). Even if you go the wrong office they will tell you where is your passport
Yes if it is at another office they will
Arrange to get it from them. As long as it is another cbsa not ircc. If it is another ircc then you have to contact ircc urself

Reactions: Kaisa_18

kaurpreet

May 1, 2019
India
AOR Received.
12-12-2018
i just called the number that the lady gave me,i talked to an agent, and she told me that i need to write a letter and send it to the hamilton office, explaining that i am on PR and they didn't return my passport yet. however i didn't have the time to mail the letter, but im going to mail it this week.
I also talked to an agent today & he told me that we need to wait for the PR card to arrive & we cannot send the written request on the basis of COPR. I don't know how long it will take for the PR card to arrive but I had never heard of such rule before.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Reactions: Shafiqahmad

TJav

Star Member
Jan 30, 2021
Of course yes, because CBSA is giving passport back if someone is eligible, its very simple way, just go to Airport Road, fill a form and wait for a call from them and get your passport in a very well mannered way....!!

Reactions: Shafiqahmad

Nabanda

Jun 12, 2021
I wrote a mail through web form on IRCC asking where was my passport. After two weeks, they responded to me. They told me it was supposed to get it when I receive my PR card, but if I wanted it before, I will have to contact the office that had my passport. In my case, they told me that my passport was on 6900 Airport road. I went directly to that office and brought the CopR document, driver's license and a formal letter that said: I would like to get my passport back because I already got a permanent residence. I did not give any explanation, but it is up to you to write the reason you want it back.

They accepted my letter without a problem. Two days after they called me to pick up my passport. I went there, waited for a while, signed a form they gave me and that is all. I got my passport back. There were no questions nor issues with that requeriment.
@Zainab when did you write this letter? I need to get my passport back too but in my last letter they said they will communicate on how I can get my passport back but it’s been a month now haven’t heard from them.

Shafiqahmad

Jan 4, 2020
Yes this is ur property have u sent email or fax I share with u
Not yet but im gonna do it soon. Im travelling to turkey in few days so once i come back thn . Btw if i get my passport back and i wnt to apply for 5 years RTD later . Will they ask me to submit my passport again ??

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Yes very true I got my passport back from airport road cbsa and I second they are very good. They requested my passports from montreal and then called me to collect. I collected it today. Appreciate such services. Anyone need help feel free to ask me to explain steps to get passport back.
Hi, I just sent you a message please reply thanks

Reactions: DBI

Jasmin R

May 18, 2021
Is etobicoke office is open now in stage 1? And any news about getting the passport back from there? Thanks