+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get Passport back

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
It looks like you did receive protected person status in Canada and are not a citizen so you should not be traveling to any Middle Eastern country if you need to use your passport. You would be putting your status in Canada at risk. I am sure your employer wouldn’t want to risk your ability to remain in Canada for a business trip.
I cannot use my passport to travel to my home country. I can't see any regulations that preclude protected persons from travelling particularly to Middle East countries using their identity. You cannot travel to your country, you cannot renew your passport and you cannot enter the Consulate of your country in Canada with a purpose of getting any official documents

Altapnp

May 15, 2018
Can someone please explain me the procedure to get the passport back from etobicoke office? Thanks in advance

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Can someone please explain me the procedure to get the passport back from etobicoke office? Thanks in advance
They don’t send passports back for further announcement (maybe on august they will resume returning passports)

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Do you know what are the steps to get it back once opened
You should come there with pr (or COPR) and letter why do you need your passport back . Anyway, they either send you passport automatically or you will have to come to them. You can Aldo send a request via email (just google Etobicoke ircc email address)

Altapnp

May 15, 2018
You should come there with pr (or COPR) and letter why do you need your passport back . Anyway, they either send you passport automatically or you will have to come to them. You can Aldo send a request via email (just google Etobicoke ircc email address)
Thank you so much for the information. Much appreciated !!

Oct 27, 2020
I’ve been there today. They told me until August they cannot give/send passports back. They will keep everyone updated. I also sent them an email with explanation (I got an official letter from my company that I have to go to Gulf region this fall and these countries don’t accept RTDs) , ircc responded in 30 minutes that they will get back to me once they will be able to process request. In addition, they stated(idk if it’s true) that they have kind of “priority list for people that need seized documents for essential urgent needs”.. I assume it’s gonna be hell once they’ll open the office for passport returns...
That’s so stupid tbh. Etobicoke office is full, there are so many people that have appointments for eligibility interviews.. I can’t believe that they don’t have enough staff to process passport requests :/ what’s a point to keep thousands of passports there..

I asked them “why you can’t give passports back relying on covid restrictions. Are our passports infected with delta stamp or what” lol they started laughing and sent me home :/
Hi mimika how do you know that from August they starting to give us passport is that cic tell you

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Hi mimika how do you know that from August they starting to give us passport is that cic tell you
Yep that what they answered me in Etobicoke in person and by email. Please see an email below

thu, 8 jul. 2021 12:10, Etobicoke-CIC-APR <Etobicoke-CIC-APR@cic.gc.ca>:
Dear Mrs. XXXXXXXXXXXX,

IRCC Etobicoke should re-open IDs return to client shortly, hopefully in August. Please note that you have been put on the priority list.

Thank you

IRCC Etobicoke

• Love
Reactions: Fadros

Fpas

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hi! If your passport was seized in the Etobicoke office. You have to write a letter requesting the passport with your information and take the letter to the Canada Border Service office, address: 6900 airport road, Mississauga, ON. They will contact you in 2 days to give you the passport at the same office. Very easy.

Fpas

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hello, I would like to share my experience on getting my passport back after I received PR approval.

If your passport was seized in the Etobicoke office. You have to write a letter requesting the passport with your information and take the letter to the Canada Border Service office, address: 6900 airport road, Mississauga, ON. They will contact you in 2 days to give you the passport at the same office. I did all this in-person over a month ago. It was very easy.

This office is where they keep all the seized passports.

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Hello, I would like to share my experience on getting my passport back after I received PR approval.

If your passport was seized in the Etobicoke office. You have to write a letter requesting the passport with your information and take the letter to the Canada Border Service office, address: 6900 airport road, Mississauga, ON. They will contact you in 2 days to give you the passport at the same office. I did all this in-person over a month ago. It was very easy.

This office is where they keep all the seized passports.
Hi , Have you done that recently ? Should I write the letter requesting to transfer or just request the passport?

Fpas

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hi , Have you done that recently ? Should I write the letter requesting to transfer or just request the passport?
Yes, I found this information on a Facebook group and I did it about one month ago. I went there in person, I didn't mail the letter. They called me the next day I dropped off the letter to arrange the pick-up. Once there, I signed some documents and they gave me my passport. I wrote the letter requesting my passport with my passport number and my personal details, I also mentioned that I've received my CoPR and added the number.

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
@Fpas When I went to this office in Airport road they said that if my passport was seized in Etobicoke, I have to get it from Etobicoke. As far as we all know, you would only get your passport from 6900 airport road if you started your refugee request in CBSA not CIC. Could you please confirm where did you file your refugee request? Etobicoke or CBSA? could you kindly confirm.

@mimika any thoughts?

Fpas

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
@Fpas When I went to this office in Airport road they said that if my passport was seized in Etobicoke, I have to get it from Etobicoke. As far as we all know, you would only get your passport from 6900 airport road if you started your refugee request in CBSA not CIC. Could you please confirm where did you file your refugee request? Etobicoke or CBSA? could you kindly confirm.

@mimika any thoughts?
I submitted my claim for Refugee at the Etobicoke office located in 5343 Dundas St West in December 2018. I went to the Border Office in Airport Road and they gave me my passport back. They never asked me where I applied for refugee. That was my experience one month ago. I highly suggest everyone who applied for refugee at the Etobicoke office and wants their passport back to go there, that is what I did.