+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get Passport back

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Hi Everyone

Today I went there and asked for my passport. Unfortunately, our passports were not there and they asked me to contact Etobicoke!!
Etobicoke, The worst office in the World!!
@mrdmiust Thanks for the update. I went there as well and when I told them that some Etobicoke people got their passport from here, they said: " Every case is different ".

I will tell you what is going on in Etobicoke as far as I understand. If you look around, you will see that Service Canada is opened, Service Ontario is Opened, both governmental agencies. CBSA ( 6900 Airport Road ) is opened as well. Malls are opened, gyms, retail, in-door dinning, BASICALLY EVERYTHING ( governmental and non governmental / Federal and Provincial ) is opened now EXCEPT IRCC.

Now there are two possibilities:

1. Covid is not spreading anywhere except IRCC and it's ONLY affecting it's FAILING , INCOMPETENT, AND IMPOTENT losers ( employees ). Covid is only in IRCC.

2. Because Mendicino ( Minister of immigration ) is a weak loser, his incompetent employees don't want to return back to work. They grew some fondness to sofas, pyjamas, and they grew weary of a commute. He can't force them to return to the office, because as I mentioned, suffering severe impotence.

Only good thing is that this loser may be out of office next September, and hopefully a new leadership will shake things a bit and force these nasty employees to do their job.

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
I submitted my claim for Refugee at the Etobicoke office located in 5343 Dundas St West in December 2018. I went to the Border Office in Airport Road and they gave me my passport back. They never asked me where I applied for refugee. That was my experience one month ago. I highly suggest everyone who applied for refugee at the Etobicoke office and wants their passport back to go there, that is what I did.
im planning to get there tomorrow morning, ill post an update here. I really really hope its gonna work.

Reactions: Lolly smiles

Fpas

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
im planning to get there tomorrow morning, ill post an update here. I really really hope its gonna work.
Hi Mimika, I was reading others people's comments and it looks like the Airport Road office is not longer giving the passports back. I still recommend you to go there just in case, in the best scenery you will be getting your passport back, so you don't have anything to lose knocking that door. I wish you the best of luck!

Altapnp

May 15, 2018
Hi,

I suppose your passport is seized by IRCC office in Montreal. Anyway, the first step is writing an email to:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

You have to asking to them where is your passport. They will check on the system and after 2 weeks aprox they will send you a response with that information. If you did not get a departure or deportation order, the most feasible option is that your passport is in an IRCC office in Montreal.

When you get the response from them. You will know where your passport is, so you will have to contact that office by mail, fax and send a letter requesting your passport. In my case I went directly just the next day I got a response from IRCC mail and brought the letter. It was fast and easy.
Which option to select from type of application to find where is the passport? TIA

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Hey guys, no need having fears. I went to airport road 9600 this morning and told them i came to collect my siezed passport. The receptionist asked of my status and then requested for my COPR which i gave him. He typed into the system and told me that somebody will process it and call me to come and collect it before the end of day. I left the office then. Less than 15 minutes, i was called and asked to come. I reversed my car and went back to the office and then it was handed over to me. The whole process didnt take more than 30 minutes.

Please if we dont have ideas of how things are done, we must stop telling tales because i have heard a lot of discuss from different platforms and after my experience today, am just wondering why people will be giving wrong infos when they have not even tried.

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
Hey guys, no need having fears. I went to airport road 9600 this morning and told them i came to collect my siezed passport. The receptionist asked of my status and then requested for my COPR which i gave him. He typed into the system and told me that somebody will process it and call me to come and collect it before the end of day. I left the office then. Less than 15 minutes, i was called and asked to come. I reversed my car and went back to the office and then it was handed over to me. The whole process didnt take more than 30 minutes.

Please if we dont have ideas of how things are done, we must stop telling tales because i have heard a lot of discuss from different platforms and after my experience today, am just wondering why people will be giving wrong infos when they have not even tried.
I’m glad that the process went smoothly for you. I 100% agree with what you just said.

Reactions: Mfoniso Urua

Jasmin R

May 18, 2021

Thank you for sharing your experience, but which office seized your passport initially??
The problem is with Etobicoke office they dont want to give back the passports they have, meanwhile any other office return back passports immediately with no problems at all!!!!

starsinthesky

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021

I think your passport was at Airport Road. It was the reason why you had no issues. I also went there. They checked and said my passport was at Etobicoke office. I asked about transferring my passport from Etobicoke office to there. They did not accept and said I had to wait for an email from the Etobicoke office.

I also went to Etobicoke office, the security was sooo rude and they had zero emphaty. The result was same, they said the office was close and they didnt know when to reopen. It seems like we have no chance other then waiting. Even though we have an emergency situation. I emailed to webform and the member’s response was same. There was no estimated time for re-opening. I read here they planned to open in August. Fingers crossed..

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience, but which office seized your passport initially??
The problem is with Etobicoke office they dont want to give back the passports they have, meanwhile any other office return back passports immediately with no problems at all!!!!
It was seized in Quebec because that was my entry point. I transfered my file to Ontario.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

It is pretty rare for someone to be able to just show up and get their passport that day and that quickly. Normally people are told they must make arrangements in advance to pick their passports or to come back in numerous days. You got lucky but as others have said that is not usually how things work. Would suggest people try to arrange passport pick-up in advance especially if it is difficult to get to the office so they don’t make the trip unnecessarily.

Reactions: Fadros

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016

Can you share the address Please?