07/01/2023
Interview........
17/02/2023
Passport Req..
17/02/2023
LANDED..........
29/09/2022
What’s I’ve found related for this topic in on the site of CBSA:

If you wish to apply for the return of the seized document(s), please complete this form and mail to the address noted on the BSF698 "Notice of Seizure of (a) Travel and/or Identity Document(s)" that was provided when the seizure occurred.

For general inquiries, please contact the Border Information Services line at 1-800-461-9999.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf699-eng.html#

sahilpk

Aug 23, 2021
Need help My passport was taken during an asylum interview at the cbsa office in Montreal I sent email to return my passport back a month before but no response what should I do now any idea?

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
here is how you do it:
1. use webform -> pr process -> explain that you have already become PR and wish to have the documents back
2. wait for their response, for me it took 6 weeks to hear back, you can also send another webform in a few weeks to follow up, or you can call that 1-800 number but i heard it's difficult to get through
3. they will tell you a CBSA address (and a fax number), this address is different depending on where you filed the claim and submitted the documents
4. you can either write a letter to that address, stating the list of documents you wish to retrieve and the reason; or you can fax the letter (i'd recommend the former with a tracking number), it's better to include your email address in the letter so they can email you back.
5. CBSA will contact you if they approve your request, in my case it took them a week to email me back, they will tell you the address to pick the documents and their office hours.
6. you go there during their office hours, sign a document release form, and you will have the documents back, in my case it took 5 mins.

Reactions: HaiRabba

waz_2019

Apr 10, 2023
Toronto
As per my knowledge, Refugee claimants (those who applied inside Canada) don't need a reason to ask for their passports to be returned (this is based on experience). You can ask/apply for return of your passport as soon as you get your confirmation of PR (CoPR) and your new SIN is issued.

here is how you get your passport returned:
1. Visit the office where your application was first filed when you applied for refugee protection. They have posted instructions on the door or within the offices on how you can request your passport. Its pretty straight forward. Take a picture of the instructions and action exactly as required.
2. After writing an email to the address provided in the instructions, wait for their response. for me it took 2 weeks to hear back

This is the format of the letter (you can amend as you see fit)
///////
Name:
UCI number:
Contact/cellphone:
Email:
Physical Address:

DATE

IRCC ETOBICOKE (this is where my pp was held)

REQUEST FOR RETURNING OF SEIZED PASSPORTS
I am writing this letter to request the return of my passport which was seized on DATE when I claimed refugee status.
I have been granted permanent resident status effective DATE.
Seized item details:
(PA) – lastname, firstname, Passport of COUNTRY, Document No. xxxxxx. UCI xxxxxxxx

Best regards
/////////

3. CBSA will contact you and let you know the address to pick the documents and their office hours (usually the same office where you applied)
4. you go there during their office hours, sign a document release form, and you will have the documents back. They were very polite when we revisited.

Good luck

Reactions: HaiRabba

HaiRabba

Apr 18, 2023
how long they took to give you date to get back your passport ??
Hi, it's the same situation here. I got my PR through my spouse. I send them an email in Feb.2023, then in March another email, WEB FORM, Fax. I applied for refugee in Montreal but then moved my file to Vancouver. I tried calling all the offices, but no one is giving any response about where my passport is.

HaiRabba

Apr 18, 2023
Does it make sense to travel to Montreal and ask them where the passport is? Is there anyone who is in the same situation and has received their passport? Please let me know how long they take to respond.

Thanks in advance.

shrfkhtb

Oct 22, 2020
Hello,

I got my PR card about a year ago. I just want to know how to get my seized passport back by mail. Is there any application or link?

Thanks

qwertyasdf

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Hi everyone, hope you’re doing well! My whole family’s passports and id documents were seized when we claimed refugee many years ago and now we have pr card. Is it possible to get them back and how? Please and thank you. (I looked at previous comments but got confused so I wanted to ask for myself)

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi everyone, hope you’re doing well! My whole family’s passports and id documents were seized when we claimed refugee many years ago and now we have pr card. Is it possible to get them back and how? Please and thank you. (I looked at previous comments but got confused so I wanted to ask for myself)
Yes you can request your passports back

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Need help My passport was taken during an asylum interview at the cbsa office in Montreal I sent email to return my passport back a month before but no response what should I do now any idea?
According to the post & link before you, you need send the form by regular mail (email would not be considered).