+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get Passport back

ozalp

Jan 8, 2023
LOL, that have nothing to do. I need my passport to travel abroad. Do you think you can go to any airport with a PR card only? Besides, I do not have a Canadian passport. Don't you know the difference between resident and citizen? If I want to go to Europe or USA( my visa is in my passport) I need my passport. SImple!!!

P.D. I already have my passport.
hello have you had experience of traveling to a third country using your home passport?

SAM2000

May 4, 2018
For a case of a close friend, I did inquire some people working in immigration and refugee services, I was informed that once he got PR card or PR status confirmed, he has to write an email to CBSA asking for the passport ( with info like UCI, Name, ..etc) and inform that he is already a PR

bamboohamboo

Sep 24, 2022
Hi, Yes for sure.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Your name
UCI number:XXXXXXXX

Home address

Toronto, ON,ZIp

March 5, 2021​

Sir or Madam
Greater Toronto Enforcement Centre

6900 Airport Road, Entrance 2B

Mississauga, On, L4V1E8

RE: REQUEST FOR RETURNING OF SEIZED PASSPORT.

Dear Sir or Madam
Greater Toronto Enforcement Centre:

I am writing this letter to request the return of my passport as it was seized by migration office when I claimed refugee in Canada.

As you will see in the attached documents, I already withdrew my refugee claim, and I was also accepted as a permanent resident. My application was accepted as a family member of a protected person. I need my passport, as this document is the only one that I can use to travel abroad. Under the law I do not have any pending requesting, hearing or appointment; therefore, my passport should be returned.

I hope this document may be returned to my home address, or otherwise I could pick it up anywhere. You could contact me via e-mail, phone or mail. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,

My name and signature

;//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Sorry if there is a grammar or spelling mistake. My English is not perfect. LOL

Let me know if you have any other question.

Reagrds,
Hello brother, I do have a question. you included that you removed your refugee claim as soon as you became a PR. now isn't this weird?
I mean you applied for the PR as a refugee protected person. So how would you remove that easily? I don't get it!

causeoflife

Jan 29, 2023
Does anyone know how to return my Refugee Travel Document and get the passport back I have emergency travel to my home country as my granddad passed away.. would appreciate any help???

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Does anyone know how to return my Refugee Travel Document and get the passport back I have emergency travel to my home country as my granddad passed away.. would appreciate any help???
May be calm down and reconsider this trip. You may be in danger if you return and you will lost your chance of your refugee status if you do that.

MariOTh

Sep 5, 2022
I have reviewed the majority of the comments here and I am seeking assistance with my situation. My passport was taken during an asylum interview at the Etobicoke IRCC office. Subsequently, I got married and my spouse sponsored me, leading to me obtaining permanent residency status. However, I now need to retrieve my passport in order to travel and visit my family. I visited the office and was instructed to send an email, which I did. It has been over three weeks and I have yet to receive a response. Can anyone provide guidance on what steps I can take next?

impak

Feb 6, 2023
Question Guys, My passport was seized in Nov 2022, by CBSA montreal, Since i got my PR card , how do i get back my Passport if any one have an answer , and how long this process takes ??

impak

Feb 6, 2023
I have reviewed the majority of the comments here and I am seeking assistance with my situation. My passport was taken during an asylum interview at the Etobicoke IRCC office. Subsequently, I got married and my spouse sponsored me, leading to me obtaining permanent residency status. However, I now need to retrieve my passport in order to travel and visit my family. I visited the office and was instructed to send an email, which I did. It has been over three weeks and I have yet to receive a response. Can anyone provide guidance on what steps I can take next?
You got any news for your passport ??

roycanada

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Question Guys, My passport was seized in Nov 2022, by CBSA montreal, Since i got my PR card , how do i get back my Passport if any one have an answer , and how long this process takes ??
Go to nearest CBSA office OR same office, submit a request take with you your original PR card

impak

Feb 6, 2023
Go to nearest CBSA office OR same office, submit a request take with you your original PR card
So are they gonna give me right away or its gonna be appointment kinda thing ? i gave passport in montreal CBSA office in November

OFC632

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
How come you can get PR so soon ?
if you have surrendere your passport 4 months ago. Normally on this time people dont get decisions or hearings?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
if you have surrendere your passport 4 months ago. Normally on this time people dont get decisions or hearings?
Looks like he got his PR via family sponsorship instead of as a refugee.

impak

Feb 6, 2023
No bro i filed my refugee case 2015 which was refuse and i ended up submitting my passport at Cbsa in 2022 Nov , but i git married in 2017 and file sponsorship 2020 , thats how i got my PR , so now issue is how do i get back my passport ?