+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

General Physician received NOI from OINP but wrong ECA

shukhan

May 15, 2023
Can someone please help me with an important issue concerning OINP? My NOC occupation is General Physician and I have received an NOI from OINP in the HCP draw that was conducted on May 8th, 2023 but I have just realized that I have gotten the ECA done from the wrong body. I got ECA done from WES instead of MCC. I’ve immediately applied for an equivalence by MCC but it may take time for them to get the equivalence to me. I have about 38 days left to respond to the NOI. I will wait until the last day to see if MCC can send me the equivalence but if it takes longer can I go ahead and submit my application with the ECA from WES? and hope that if they raise any objections I will have the equivalence from MCC by that point in time. Can I also mention all of this in the LOE while submitting the application and attach relevant documentation so that they know that i’ve genuinely applied for ECA from MCC?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can someone please help me with an important issue concerning OINP? My NOC occupation is General Physician and I have received an NOI from OINP in the HCP draw that was conducted on May 8th, 2023 but I have just realized that I have gotten the ECA done from the wrong body. I got ECA done from WES instead of MCC. I’ve immediately applied for an equivalence by MCC but it may take time for them to get the equivalence to me. I have about 38 days left to respond to the NOI. I will wait until the last day to see if MCC can send me the equivalence but if it takes longer can I go ahead and submit my application with the ECA from WES? and hope that if they raise any objections I will have the equivalence from MCC by that point in time. Can I also mention all of this in the LOE while submitting the application and attach relevant documentation so that they know that i’ve genuinely applied for ECA from MCC?
Contact OINP but most likely you cannot submit an application if you don’t have the correct ECA.

Reactions: Taran D

absam321

Jun 15, 2023
@shukran
What is your status now? Have you done ECA from MCC? Actually, we are in same boat as I also done ECA from WES and submitted my profile to OINP. Now I got to know that physicians need to verify from MCC.

shukhan

May 15, 2023
@shukran
What is your status now? Have you done ECA from MCC? Actually, we are in same boat as I also done ECA from WES and submitted my profile to OINP. Now I got to know that physicians need to verify from MCC.
I contacted IRCC and explained my situation to them. I asked if I could upload the ECA from WES, attach a LOE, attach payment receipts from MCC and a letter from MCC that they’ve received my documents for evaluation. They told me it was the best that I could do at this point and should go ahead and submit the application. So that is what I did and went ahead with the submission.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I contacted IRCC and explained my situation to them. I asked if I could upload the ECA from WES, attach a LOE, attach payment receipts from MCC and a letter from MCC that they’ve received my documents for evaluation. They told me it was the best that I could do at this point and should go ahead and submit the application. So that is what I did and went ahead with the submission.
What does IRCC have to do with OINP requirements?

absam321

Jun 15, 2023
Because I have submitted my application with WES report and sent duplicate report to OINP as well.

I will create account for MCC.

absam321

Jun 15, 2023
Yes, IRCC has nothing to do with your OINP nomination or has any authority over OINP eligibility requirements. EE requirements are different from PNP requirements but you need to be eligible for both.
Can you answer my query as I have submitted my file with WES report.

shukhan

May 15, 2023
Yes, IRCC has nothing to do with your OINP nomination or has any authority over OINP eligibility requirements. EE requirements are different from PNP requirements but you need to be eligible for both.
IRCC may have nothing to do with Ontario’s nomination but much of those requirements are the same such as the ECA. It is only logical to assume that if an ECA is acceptable for IRCC then it also must be acceptable for OINP since after nomination you are vetted by IRCC at the ITA stage.

absam321

Jun 15, 2023
IRCC may have nothing to do with Ontario’s nomination but much of those requirements are the same such as the ECA. It is only logical to assume that if an ECA is acceptable for IRCC then it also must be acceptable for OINP since after nomination you are vetted by IRCC at the ITA stage.
How much time you got your ECA from MCC? and what is the overall process and fees? I am going to start this process as my file submitted to OINP

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
How much time you got your ECA from MCC? and what is the overall process and fees? I am going to start this process as my file submitted to OINP
Same boat. My spouse started the source verification process through MCC 6 weeks ago and still nothing.