+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS Status :Review Required ( Help urgent)

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
spookyb said:
Well, most people don't do every duty listed in the NOC. My understanding is that a "substantial" number of duties need to correspond. What that number is is debatable. I recall a court precedence that it has to be 2 or more, but I'm not sure.
hello my GCMS Notes say the same thing it says it looks that i do a liitle duties of superviser and more kinda management so i am just wondering my gonna happen next. it says review required on aug 21 2013. so now the next officer has to give final remarks.. i am wondering what gonna haapen next.. i will send the updated letter soon...
any suggestions seniours

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everyone talking about sending uodated reference letters needs to be very careful.

If you submit an an updated letter with different duties to those mentioned in the original letter the vo will most definitely have major concerns regarding the validity and authenticity of your employment.

It's one thing to provide a new letter when your original letter failed to mention dates, duties or some vital peice of info. It's not not advisable to provide a new letrer with different info because you think it's what the officer wants to see.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
jsm0085 said:
Everyone talking about sending uodated reference letters needs to be very careful.

If you submit an an updated letter with different duties to those mentioned in the original letter the vo will most definitely have major concerns regarding the validity and authenticity of your employment.

It's one thing to provide a new letter when your original letter failed to mention dates, duties or some vital peice of info. It's not not advisable to provide a new letrer with different info because you think it's what the officer wants to see.
Second that. Update your letter, yes - however, change it - no

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
richi jolly said:
so add more duties on the last letter but if i leave it like that ..
then are they gonna reject the file
If you remove, they will will likely reject anywas as they will know yiu are lying to try amd get app approved. They aren't stupid.

Cec goes on past experience. Your historical work experience does not change.

Reactions: Hooeful

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
jsm0085 said:
If you remove, they will will likely reject anywas as they will know yiu are lying to try amd get app approved. They aren't stupid.

Cec goes on past experience. Your historical work experience does not change.
So what should i do?

anonimo

Sep 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-13
AOR Received.
23-04-13
Med's Request
accepted medical used for a wp before cec app
Passport Req..
27-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-13 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
16-12-13
richi jolly said:
HI All .. i have just got my GCMS Notes and its says review required . as per as notes my an immigration officer some duties does not match .. here is the exact notes given by them
"letter provides a list of duties which does not appears to correspond to NOC. it does not appear that the PA performs the duties outlined in the lead statement of the NOC. while it appears that the PA serves a management function there is a little info to suggest that he "supervise and coordinates the activities of workers"Duties include liaising with customers ,placing orders while assurance and sales goals are met"

i guess they think my duties are more like management type instead of sales supervisor but as per the employer letter 4 out of 8 do match, and the other 4 are kinda management

I tried analyzing job duties from noc and from job letters. Now don't wanna sound discouraging but i would read your gcms comments on the following way: 'even though it appears this PA performs skilled work there is not enough evidence to support it. Even though he says he supervises n coordinates staff, there is nothing to support that. In fact, liaising with customers n meeting sales goals r typical salespersons job not supervisors. Supervisors cover managers when they r absent so should be noted that in case of mgr absence this supervisor takes all other managerial duties except for disciplining staff or creating off peak season strategies n other duties that cannot be delegated" . Once again, I don't wanna discourage u n I might b wrong but I would get n updated letter where it also mentions some of duties that r not performed by regular sales staff but exclusively by supervisors. If u apply as supervisor n your outlined duties r managerial, I think there is less to worry about because both r skilled. However if your letter outlines sales staff duties n u apply as a supervisor, one of these two is not skilled so u have to avoid putting any job duties that r typically performed by sales staff (not skilled) like pricing, cleaning, cashiering, producing, rotation of goods, meeting sales targets, liaising with customers etc. At my store we typically assign these duties to sales staff. For example in my work contract which is submitted says that I cannot liaise with employees or customers after work n that I perform all daily, weekly n monthly operations of a store. I believe it is OK to put 1-2 lower skill duties but 6-7 should b something like: approves, decides, disciplines, leads, reports. Once again, this is just my n our hr consultant's opinion which doesn't necessarily correspond to immigration officer's opinion n experience. BTW may I ask how much is your salary? It should be at least $1-2 above minimum

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
arorkama said:
Thanks CEC 2013.
No, I did not sent any other document.
Where should I sent them the explanation letter??
All additional documents go to CPP-O via email at OttPilot-Immigration@cic.gc.ca. Only PCCs should be sent in hard copy via post. And just remember that the burden of proof is with you. The VO will not waste resources investigating if something is unclear. Theres been only a few lucky individuals that received a follow up from a VO.

Anyway, yea, explain the difference and send off to CPP-O. At the end of your email say something along the lines of "please confirm that the explanation letter has been included for consideration." Oh and, I would also mention in your explanation letter that you saw in your GCMS notes that the VO had concerns about your income and you are providing clarification.

All the best!

AJ12345

Oct 7, 2013
richi jolly said:
Ya, i have talk to my lawyer and will be working on it soon hopefully by the end of this week.
TO AJ1234 - how long do they take to update the letter, do they make a decision right away and how long did it take for you application .

Its totally upto them, there is no surety that they would consider it but thats the best you can try. it took them approx 2 months in my case for them to review the application again.

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
AJ12345 said:
Its totally upto them, there is no surety that they would consider it but thats the best you can try. it took them approx 2 months in my case for them to review the application again.
ok so did u email them on a company's letter head or just type on word and send

AJ12345

Oct 7, 2013
richi jolly said:
ok so did u email them on a company's letter head or just type on word and send

I got an updated letter from my company with the proper format , company's stamp and from the same HR who signed the previous letter

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
AJ12345 said:
I got an updated letter from my company with the proper format , company's stamp and from the same HR who signed the previous letter
But i dont work there anymore.i left after
Applying CEC

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
AJ12345 said:
I dont work there anymore i left after applying

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
anonimo said:
I tried analyzing job duties from noc and from job letters. Now don't wanna sound discouraging but i would read your gcms comments on the following way: 'even though it appears this PA performs skilled work there is not enough evidence to support it. Even though he says he supervises n coordinates staff, there is nothing to support that. In fact, liaising with customers n meeting sales goals r typical salespersons job not supervisors. Supervisors cover managers when they r absent so should be noted that in case of mgr absence this supervisor takes all other managerial duties except for disciplining staff or creating off peak season strategies n other duties that cannot be delegated" . Once again, I don't wanna discourage u n I might b wrong but I would get n updated letter where it also mentions some of duties that r not performed by regular sales staff but exclusively by supervisors. If u apply as supervisor n your outlined duties r managerial, I think there is less to worry about because both r skilled. However if your letter outlines sales staff duties n u apply as a supervisor, one of these two is not skilled so u have to avoid putting any job duties that r typically performed by sales staff (not skilled) like pricing, cleaning, cashiering, producing, rotation of goods, meeting sales targets, liaising with customers etc. At my store we typically assign these duties to sales staff. For example in my work contract which is submitted says that I cannot liaise with employees or customers after work n that I perform all daily, weekly n monthly operations of a store. I believe it is OK to put 1-2 lower skill duties but 6-7 should b something like: approves, decides, disciplines, leads, reports. Once again, this is just my n our hr consultant's opinion which doesn't necessarily correspond to immigration officer's opinion n experience. BTW may I ask how much is your salary? It should be at least $1-2 above minimum

Mine was 15 per hour .. well i do agree with you..but i quit my job after applying so if i update any information about my duties .. then it can a big no no.... since they remarked that there is a little info that i do supervisor job and more of management ..i can send them a letter describing that in the absence of manager i had to perform managerial duties but that does not mean i was a manager ..
in total i had 8 duties written on the letter in which 4 were completely supervisor and the other 4 can be questioned..

when i searched from HRDC web site it looks most of duties do match ,and I paraphrase the duties..............
so what do you suggest...