+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
Yes, if all the stages are passed, the only thing left is the final review. There may be one more struggle: if your medical exam is about to expire, the officer will consider medical exam extension or request another medical exam. But, in general, yes, your file is just waiting for an officer to be finalized. Of course if an agent told you the truth and everything is passed :)

The only problem is that this "waiting for final review" can last for a long time. Don't worry, if you passed literally everything, you just need a little bit more patience now, there is no risk of rejection.
Thank you very much my dear! Your words of encouragement is really uplifting not just for me but to all those who are dreaming of a Canadian PR! May God shower us all the blessings and may We have All the much awaited PPR!

Btw, I just had a remedical passed last august 2. And what I read in here, majority had their PPRs within the month. Good luck on your application too!

Reactions: whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
Hello Whiterabbit. Just read your text that '...security screening could go up to a couple of years'. I will not doubt or argue it because no one give a definite timeline or end date for security screening.
But if that is valid, I will have to alter my plans and move on rather than depending on application completion or PPR. This is because my application is also just waiting in security screening for quite a long time. I just came to know about that via. MP and call center agents. I have not ordered a CBSA/ CSIS notes as yet. They may give a tentative completion date, but not a guarantee that it will get completed in that time I think.
Hi! Trust me, two years of screening is not common :)
However, we can't ignore it and say like "comprehensive security screening takes 4-10 months", although this timeframe is applicable to most cases under SS these days. Yes, there are people who wait for more than one year, but it doesn't mean that you are one of them :)

Last edited:

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
Yes, if all the stages are passed, the only thing left is the final review. There may be one more struggle: if your medical exam is about to expire, the officer will consider medical exam extension or request another medical exam. But, in general, yes, your file is just waiting for an officer to be finalized. Of course if an agent told you the truth and everything is passed :)

The only problem is that this "waiting for final review" can last for a long time. Don't worry, if you passed literally everything, you just need a little bit more patience now, there is no risk of rejection.
Thank you very much my dear! Your words of encouragement is really uplifting not just for me but to all those who are dreaming of a Canadian PR! May God shower us all the blessings and may We have All the much awaited PPR!
Everybody passes through security screening by CBSA. The thing is that regular security screening (which you and many people call "security checks") normally takes from several days to several weeks, whereas comprehensive security screening (most people call it "security screening") can take from 4 months to a couple of years.

In your particular case, you went through a normal screening which probably took something like a week. That's why when you called IRCC for the first time the status was "not started", and then it became "passed" - CBSA managed to start and complete it between your calls.

I'm not that lucky, so I got into comprehensive SS. It was started in the beginning of April and still ongoing. That's why when I called in May, June and July, agents told me that my security was in progress.

May I ask if why did you undergo comprehensive screening? I heard that those working in the military or those who have organizations or those who came from at risk countries are included, Am I right? I pray that you’ll also pass all the stages. Thanks and Good luck!

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
May I ask if why did you undergo comprehensive screening? I heard that those working in the military or those who have organizations or those who came from at risk countries are included, Am I right? I pray that you’ll also pass all the stages. Thanks and Good luck!
No idea actually :)
I can only guess. Maybe it's all about the combination of my nationality and occupation (Russian programmer lol), or about my extensive travel history. I will never know :)

duckondock

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
No idea actually :)
I can only guess. Maybe it's all about the combination of my nationality and occupation (Russian programmer lol), or about my extensive travel history. I will never know :)
nowadays, the reason to put people into SS is not obvious ... it is just like a random thing...

I fully understand they care about security, but this process is really low efficient...

Last edited:

faisalmf

Jun 24, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
LANDED..........
28-06-2022
Yesterday london visa office sent me request letter stating that I should not leave any gaps in Schedule A Sr. 08. My question is if an application is in progress and the visa office communicates with the applicant does that mean that the file is not in SS?

prijijohn

Oct 21, 2014
nowadays, the reason to put people into SS is not obvious ... it is just like a random thing...

I fully understand they care about security, but this process is really low efficient...
Can you explanin this - MR & ADR Submitted - Jun 23 2019 ( Whats MR and what was the Additional document Request they asked you )

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Emmm... When did I say that I don't know the date? Why do you think my SS started in July? Check my signature, it was initiated on the 8th of April.

First, I confirmed the day when my security checks were started - I simply asked an agent about it. Then I got the type of screening (comprehensive) from CBSA notes. Nothing hard.

Regular security checks (normal security screening) take from a couple of days to a couple of months. Comprehensive security screening takes 4-20 months (6-8 months currently).
Hey whiterabbit , Could you please clarify how did you know that your type of screening is comprehensive one from CBSA note ? was mentioned the word "comprehensive" ?

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
Hey whiterabbit , Could you please clarify how did you know that your type of screening is comprehensive one from CBSA note ? was mentioned the word "comprehensive" ?
Hi!
Exactly, it was. In the admissibilities section, there is an activity for security, and a subactivity "security screening" where a type of screening and a number of people sent to the screening are written.
In my case, the type of screening is "comprehensive", and the number of people is 1.

Reactions: YoYo81

duckondock

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Can you explanin this - MR & ADR Submitted - Jun 23 2019 ( Whats MR and what was the Additional document Request they asked you )
Just schedule A and Travel history. My ADR even simpler than my friends who did NOT get SS, they have everything I got but more. (YES, we are in the same office, and got ADR at same time )

So ADR is meaningless. Even some People submitted CV and Degree did NOT get SS.

Last edited:

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
I lodged my file last April 2018. I guess it took 10 months just for the security check. It started after my pre arrival services. I called CIC last friday and told me that I completed all the screenings and its just awaiting decision by an officer
Is your file in Canada or tansfer to VO
I am in the same boat but I called CIC, they told me file in Amman VO and didn’t provide me with any information, I checked with IRCC and I got the same answer all the time, They just copied and pasted ( the file under security check) I passed 7 months since applicant transferred to VO, I requested GCMS note and still waiting for it, any suggestions how should I call them and speak with agent ??

Last edited:

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
I lodged my file last April 2018. I guess it took 10 months just for the security check. It started after my pre arrival services. I called CIC last friday and told me that I completed all the screenings and its just awaiting decision by an
Is your file still in Canada or transfer to VO. I am in the same boat, I called CIC and they didn’t provide any information because the file transfered to Amman VI. I checked with IRCC and I got the same answer all the time, they just copied and pasted the same response ( under security check) I passed 7 months without response, any idea how can I call and speak with agent

absz

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Hi!
Exactly, it was. In the admissibilities section, there is an activity for security, and a subactivity "security screening" where a type of screening and a number of people sent to the screening are written.
In my case, the type of screening is "comprehensive", and the number of people is 1.
Hey I can see in your signature it says security started in April, can you confirm the last notes when did you order and when did you receive and checked it was comprehensive.

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
Hey I can see in your signature it says security started in April, can you confirm the last notes when did you order and when did you receive and checked it was comprehensive.
I ordered CBSA notes sowhere in the beginning of June, the date of generation was Jun 11. Last time I called IRCC in the end of July, security was still in progress. I expect some movement on my case in September or October. At least I hope so :)

Reactions: EE12345

absz

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
I ordered CBSA notes sowhere in the beginning of June, the date of generation was Jun 11. Last time I called IRCC in the end of July, security was still in progress. I expect some movement on my case in September or October. At least I hope so :)
So let me share my case;
My eligibility was cleared in April 2019 and Security started the same time. I ordered notes in May and received in June and under Security the page was blank, however I did not see anything like SS or Comprehensive.
Last week I received their reply "Please be advised, your file is currently undergoing necessary background checks. We are unable to provide you with a time frame as to when they will be complete. However, please note that no further action is required from you at this time"

What do you think is it SS or regular security or Comprehensive