+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Let me share last response from VO
Background checks or further investigation are necessary in relation with the processing of this application. The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that each person applying for a visa to Canada be screened in many different ways, including health, security and criminality. Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities.

Our office will contact applicant and sponsor as soon as all verifications are completed, or as soon as more information, documents or an interview are required.

We trust this information is helpful.
What’s that mean is it SS, I was told by MP security starts in March and still waiting

I am not sure why they said visa to Canada not PR, it’s confused
I think they call it visa because VO will issue visa and COPR and your spouse will get PR in Airport ( it’s called soft landing)

Reactions: hadeel_1986

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Yeah, it’s confusing, I asked VO why the

OMG,it seems useless to request GCMS, I have to request CBSA now, anyway thank you
You’ll find same as MP told you , SS start in March. Anyway it has been 6 months so maybe you are close as I saw some cases took 6 months for SS , good luck

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
You’ll find same as MP told you , SS start in March. Anyway it has been 6 months so maybe you are close as I saw some cases took 6 months for SS , good luck
Yeah your right, MP told me started in Mach and my husband passed the criminality, I see I’m close, hopefully I will get it soon thank you hopefully you will get it soon as well.

Reactions: YoYo81

peggyc

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Everybody passes through security screening by CBSA. The thing is that regular security screening (which you and many people call "security checks") normally takes from several days to several weeks, whereas comprehensive security screening (most people call it "security screening") can take from 4 months to a couple of years.

In your particular case, you went through a normal screening which probably took something like a week. That's why when you called IRCC for the first time the status was "not started", and then it became "passed" - CBSA managed to start and complete it between your calls.

I'm not that lucky, so I got into comprehensive SS. It was started in the beginning of April and still ongoing. That's why when I called in May, June and July, agents told me that my security was in progress.
Hi, what category of visa you are applying for? When you say SS, do you mean the Background Check? I have my background check start in around April and still on-going, want to know what is the normal time they need to complete the check.

I am thinking about ordering a GCMS, can the note tell me more details about my application starts?

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
Hi, what category of visa you are applying for? When you say SS, do you mean the Background Check? I have my background check start in around April and still on-going, want to know what is the normal time they need to complete the check.

I am thinking about ordering a GCMS, can the note tell me more details about my application starts?
I apply for Canadian PR under FSW stream. BG checks consist of criminality and security. So yes, if it has been ongoing for several months, it may indicate comprehensive security screening.

Notes can definitely shed some light on your case and things behind the processing. If your security is in progress, maybe it's more reasonable to order CBSA notes rather than GCMS.

peggyc

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
I apply for Canadian PR under FSW stream. BG checks consist of criminality and security. So yes, if it has been ongoing for several months, it may indicate comprehensive security screening.

Notes can definitely shed some light on your case and things behind the processing. If your security is in progress, maybe it's more reasonable to order CBSA notes rather than GCMS.
Thanks, do you have any suggested site that I can use to apply for a CBSA Note? Do you know how long it usually take for a Comprehensive SS?

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
Thanks, do you have any suggested site that I can use to apply for a CBSA Note? Do you know how long it usually take for a Comprehensive SS?
As I mentioned before, I used gcmsbuddy twice. Comprehensive SS itself takes 4-24 months, notes will be delivered in 30-50 days.

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
How can I order that. I am trying to request from atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca
It gives me two options case file and corporate records, it’s cost $5, have you requested from different website
Man, check again what you quoted :)
I even mentioned the website where I ordered notes, and previously I had explained stuff about third-party websites and outland applicants. Thought you asked me about that particular website.