+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
So let me share my case;
My eligibility was cleared in April 2019 and Security started the same time. I ordered notes in May and received in June and under Security the page was blank, however I did not see anything like SS or Comprehensive.
Last week I received their reply "Please be advised, your file is currently undergoing necessary background checks. We are unable to provide you with a time frame as to when they will be complete. However, please note that no further action is required from you at this time"

What do you think is it SS or regular security or Comprehensive
If your security has been in progress since April, it's definitely a comprehensive one. However, you can only see that in CBSA notes, as IRCC notes do not provide the information about the type of screening.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Your application is currently subject to statutory requirements, including background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted permanent resident status. We are currently conducting certain background investigations. As these are conducted by outside agencies, we are not in a position to determine when your application will be finalized. These checks cannot be expedited.

We can appreciate that you anxiously awaiting news about your application. Please rest assured that we will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
Once your application is finalized, you will receive an email. If your application is approved, the email will give instructions on how to re-submit your passport for the issuance of the visa.

Sincerely,

I received this email from VO on 23th of July , @whiterabbit , What do you think ? is it sound SS ? by the way I ordered CBSA note and still not received yet

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
I received this email from VO on 23th of July , @whiterabbit , What do you think ? is it sound SS ? by the way I ordered CBSA note and still not received yet
Looks pretty much like comprehensive SS, especially along with 4+ months of checks. That's true that checks can't be expedited - they are performed by CBSA which is a third-party agency.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Looks pretty much like comprehensive SS, especially along with 4+ months of checks. That's true that checks can't be expedited - they are performed by CBSA which is a third-party agency.
The question here, is these investagestion by CBSA should be done with all applicants and the reason for taking longer time for some applicants because VO officers forward it to CBSA only after finalize the eligibility which make it longer time for applicant while some VO officers forward it to CBSA for this check in early stage so the VO officers work on eligibility and CBSA work on security check in same time which mean all go in parallel which make the applicants doesn't even notice that his/her security check take time . Is it possible ? OR no its not possible and all officers have to stuck with one policy which is forward to to CBSA only after the eligibility and dependents on the applicant citizenship ,residency and visited country it takes this time so its out of hand even for CBSA officer ?

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Let me share last response from VO
Background checks or further investigation are necessary in relation with the processing of this application. The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that each person applying for a visa to Canada be screened in many different ways, including health, security and criminality. Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities.

Our office will contact applicant and sponsor as soon as all verifications are completed, or as soon as more information, documents or an interview are required.

We trust this information is helpful.
What’s that mean is it SS, I was told by MP security starts in March and still waiting

I am not sure why they said visa to Canada not PR, it’s confused

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
I ordered CBSA notes on gcmsbuddy. It is said that it takes about 50 days to receive 'em, for me it was like 40-45 days.
I selected Access to Information Act when I requested GCMS , is it the same as CBSA right?? Correct me if I’m wrong

Last edited:

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Let me share last response from VO
Background checks or further investigation are necessary in relation with the processing of this application. The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that each person applying for a visa to Canada be screened in many different ways, including health, security and criminality. Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities.

Our office will contact applicant and sponsor as soon as all verifications are completed, or as soon as more information, documents or an interview are required.

We trust this information is helpful.
What’s that mean is it SS, I was told by MP security starts in March and still waiting

I am not sure why they said visa to Canada not PR, it’s confused
SS= Security Screening
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/screen-verific-eng.html

Reactions: hadeel_1986