+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

M DEV

May 2, 2017
Hey guys...I m back to the forum after a long period..my timeline is
PNP Outland
Aor 11 mar
MEP 21 mar
IP 1 21 mar
Ip2 07 Apr
I have served military nursing services for 5 years and it's been three years of post retirement.
By seeing the process of security screening I really felt depression..
What do u think guys...with I also be subjected to SS..

toppiri

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
01-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
Hey guys...I m back to the forum after a long period..my timeline is
PNP Outland
Aor 11 mar
MEP 21 mar
IP 1 21 mar
Ip2 07 Apr
I have served military nursing services for 5 years and it's been three years of post retirement.
By seeing the process of security screening I really felt depression..
What do u think guys...with I also be subjected to SS..
There's always that risk, a little higher with military / government jobs but you won't know for sure unless you have your GCMS notes. Your case seems to be processed pretty fast and there's nothing to worry about even if you are in SS (I had no military nor government background, no significant travel history and a pretty straightforward file but here I am 11 months later, still waiting, hehe) it's just a long wait.
Don't lose hope, have patience and order GCMS (in a few weeks perhaps?) if you feel too desperate. Good luck!

Reactions: iamxty

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
Hallo,

So my GMCS / CBSA are mentionning that my SS result : favourables on january 21th, but my husband is also under SS as following :

Sub activity 1 :
type : Security screening
Update date : 18/12/2018
Due date 21/01/2018

And bellow

Security screening
Previous result : Blank
Type : Comprehensive
Priority : Normal

Does it mean they didnt even start his SS ??

And wonder if you can guide me, when a person did a medical screening and exams expire do IRCC ask to re do medical only or goes through medical screening again ??

Cheers

M DEV

May 2, 2017
There's always that risk, a little higher with military / government jobs but you won't know for sure unless you have your GCMS notes. Your case seems to be processed pretty fast and there's nothing to worry about even if you are in SS (I had no military nor government background, no significant travel history and a pretty straightforward file but here I am 11 months later, still waiting, hehe) it's just a long wait.
Don't lose hope, have patience and order GCMS (in a few weeks perhaps?) if you feel too desperate. Good luck!
Thanks dear...it's been three years of my retirement...I hope this would prevent me from entering SS.
Fingers crossed..

M DEV

May 2, 2017
It's really sad to know this ..that u u r still in process..with no reason behind it..it's really frustrating

Reactions: toppiri

Askani

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Quebec, Montreal
Visa Office......
Pakistan, Karachi
Hi guys,

I applied visitor visa for my parents (online) on 15th march, they want to attend my convocation on mid of june. The visitor visa for Pakistan applicant is approximately 20days so I emailed Abu Dhabi embassy and after 5 days I received an email from Poland embassy.
The V********2 application is currently undergoing security screening.

The other application is awaiting results of security screening for V*********2

The processing times of security screening may vary, based on each case complexity.

We cannot estimate the exact date on which the final decision on your application will be made.

Once this stage of process is completed, we will inform you accordingly.

My father is a retired government doctor and my mother is a government teacher.
Let me know if anyone faced the same situation or facing the same situation.

alnemeh82

Mar 10, 2017
Hallo,

So my GMCS / CBSA are mentionning that my SS result : favourables on january 21th, but my husband is also under SS as following :

Sub activity 1 :
type : Security screening
Update date : 18/12/2018
Due date 21/01/2018

And bellow

Security screening
Previous result : Blank
Type : Comprehensive
Priority : Normal

Does it mean they didnt even start his SS ??

And wonder if you can guide me, when a person did a medical screening and exams expire do IRCC ask to re do medical only or goes through medical screening again ??

Cheers
@legalfalcon might be able to assist you

omstar

Jun 27, 2015
How come some folks receive their GCMS notes prior to others that submitted their ATIP earlier?

I submitted my request April 3, and still haven’t received anything. I’ve called and e-mail twice. Nothing.
I’ve seen 2-3 other people on the forum have receive their notes before me

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
How come some folks receive their GCMS notes prior to others that submitted their ATIP earlier?

I submitted my request April 3, and still haven’t received anything. I’ve called and e-mail twice. Nothing.
I’ve seen 2-3 other people on the forum have receive their notes before me
sometimes they need clearance if you're under SS and some investigations are being done by CBSA or some other party, it takes a while.. When I ordered my GCMS notes it took them around 50 days to send them to me. It happens.

koura

Nov 19, 2017
hi @legalfalcon ,i have received my gcms notes, the assessment are as follow: medical ,criminality and eligibility passes but the security is blank .

the activities -sub-activity which i had are only security . is that mean the routine security or am i under security screening:

kindly advise and thank you for your kind consideration

koura

Nov 19, 2017
hi @legalfalcon @canapub ,i have received my gcms notes, the assessment are as follow: medical ,criminality and eligibility passes but the security is blank .

the activities -sub-activity which i had are only security . is that mean the routine security or am i under security screening:

baba147

Star Member
May 17, 2015
United Arab Emirates
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
hi @legalfalcon @canapub ,i have received my gcms notes, the assessment are as follow: medical ,criminality and eligibility passes but the security is blank .

If your AOR is May 12 and still waiting for PPR, then you are likely in SS. IRCC has increased level of redaction in GCMS notes. So it is possible they are completely hiding SS.

I also got my notes recently and they are useless because even dates are redacted. I am in complete darkness regarding my file.

Reactions: koura

Sadiaumer

Mar 24, 2018
Hi everyone,
Please help to find out where i have been stuck. I received an email from London visa office as reply of my email.
" Pleas be informed that background checks are ongoing for your application. We are unable to advise when these checks will be completed as they are conducted in Canada and unfortunately our office is in no position to expedite them. Background checks may take up to six months sometimes, however, rest assured that our office continues to monitor the situation and requests frequent updates from the office in charge of these checks".
Last month i received gcms notes indicated that
Medical passed
Eligibility passed
Criminality passed
Security blank
Security screening is not mentioned anywhere in gcms notes.
My AOR : 30 june 2017
Med done: 3rd august
Paper based pnp applicant.