+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Today my GCMS notes arrived (after about 60 days from ordering them).
In my older set of notes, in the "Activities" section, I saw I had Security Screening. Since September 22nd.
However, in the new set of notes I just received, there seems to be 5 (instead of 4) Security Activities, and nowhere in the entire file is there anything "security screening", just security.
One of those security activities shows Status: Cancelled. Even in the Admissibility section there is no reference to "security screening"... Has anyone seen this before or know what it could mean?

Thanks

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
In my older set of notes, in the "Activities" section, I saw I had Security Screening. Since September 22nd.
However, in the new set of notes I just received, there seems to be 5 (instead of 4) Security Activities, and nowhere in the entire file is there anything "security screening", just security.
One of those security activities shows Status: Cancelled. Even in the Admissibility section there is no reference to "security screening"... Has anyone seen this before or know what it could mean?

Thanks
I had 4 SS activities under my notes since Aug-2017. I had to wait long for my final decision, cause I was chosen for SS. SS might take anything from 5 to 18 months. I got PPR after 9 months of SS.

Now a days I have heard that they are redacting SS entries too. Let others confirm as well.

Hope it doesn't last for you so long. All the best!

Reactions: Jamiez04

au_09

Star Member
Jun 13, 2016

Thanks
I can confirm, like shri_canada mentioned, that SS is now getting redacted for some reason.
I have ordered the GCMS notes a while ago, and they showed SS, while my latest GCMS didn't show the "sub-activity" type (where you can see SS).

Reactions: Jamiez04

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Okay but what does it mean when one of the security activities says Cancelled?
Also with 5 security Activities, shouldn't i be close to PPR ?

Thanks

avijitmaikap

Dec 12, 2017
Hi. I received gcms on 30th Jan. The report generation date is 03.01.2018. In the entire document nowhere is mentioned ss only security status is "not started". Does it mean that I am selected for ss and it is not started till the date of gcms date? Also no other date mentioned regarding the same. AOR is 3rd Aug 17. IP 2 is 7th Nov 17 and got a background verification call from my local police on behalf of Canadian embassy after few days of IP2. If I assume my ss is not started as per gcms then why did I get the call?

Last edited:

baba147

Star Member
May 17, 2015
United Arab Emirates
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Hi. I received gcms on 30th Jan. The report generation date is 03.01.2018. In the entire document nowhere is mentioned ss only security status is "not started". Does it mean that I am selected for ss and it is not started till the date of gcms date? Also no other date mentioned regarding the same. AOR is 3rd Aug 17. IP 2 is 7th Nov 17 and got a background verification call from my local police on behalf of Canadian embassy after few days of IP2. If I assume my ss is not started as per gcms then why did I get the call?
Security activities are redacted (except the first 'not started' activity). So it is likely that you have some blank space on page and with s 15 written on top right. That means there are some activities which are hidden.
Also it doesn't necessarily mean you are in SS. SS is extensive security check (takes really long time). You may just have a regular security check.
Previously gcms notes were mentioning "Security Screening" so you could confirm whether you had SS or not. I read somewhere that it is now completely hidden.

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
Hello,

How does an applicant gets selected for SS? Is it at random or is it that all the express entry applicants goes through security screening?

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
Hi all,

Those who have "Security Screening" stated on their GCMS notes, lets gather here and share our respective timelines and progress ,if any.

My BG went into IP on 28 March and its been like that since then with no change in status.
My GCMS notes reflects the same and states "Security Screening" initiated on 28 March.

My AOR is 30 December. 2016.

Guys sailing the same boat, pls share!
Hello,
Did you get your PR mate? How long have you been in SS?

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
Hello,

How does an applicant gets selected for SS? Is it at random or is it that all the express entry applicants goes through security screening?
Its random and depends on certain factors like - govt. job, travel history, past criminal records, etc. All EE candidates go through SS, but certain people get selected for in depth SS which might last for 5 to 18 months.

Last edited:

mr_j936

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
I could be wrong but I think it takes longer and longer for ss to finish as time goes by. We have not recently been seeing anyone finish in 6 months, it's now 9 months at least, and the news say there is a growing backlog of refugees. So my theory is that (and I hope I am wrong) the average waits will continue to rise

conroex3800

Nov 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07 Jan 2017
I could be wrong but I think it takes longer and longer for ss to finish as time goes by. We have not recently been seeing anyone finish in 6 months, it's now 9 months at least, and the news say there is a growing backlog of refugees. So my theory is that (and I hope I am wrong) the average waits will continue to rise
Agree.

Deiabah

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
File Transfer...
08-09-2017
Hi guys,
PNP-EE
AoR April 2nd
Medical Passed: July 27th
FTD to London VO: September 8th
IP2: November 10th.

Received my 2nd set of GCMS notes, please help me to find if I’m under SS or not, how do I know that?

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016
Hi guys,
PNP-EE
AoR April 2nd
Medical Passed: July 27th
FTD to London VO: September 8th
IP2: November 10th.

Received my 2nd set of GCMS notes, please help me to find if I’m under SS or not, how do I know that?
Do you see the words "security screening" under Admissibility section in the sub-activities? if not, you probably are not in ss.

Deiabah

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
File Transfer...
08-09-2017
Do you see the words "security screening" under Admissibility section in the sub-activities? if not, you probably are not in ss.
Admissibility page is blank,
It has
UCI #:
Family Name:
Given Name:
Type: Security

Then data is retracted due to S.15(1) code
So,?