+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Astr0naut

Apr 16, 2017
Hi everyone,
Please help to find out where i have been stuck. I received an email from London visa office as reply of my email.
" Pleas be informed that background checks are ongoing for your application. We are unable to advise when these checks will be completed as they are conducted in Canada and unfortunately our office is in no position to expedite them. Background checks may take up to six months sometimes, however, rest assured that our office continues to monitor the situation and requests frequent updates from the office in charge of these checks".
Last month i received gcms notes indicated that
Medical passed
Eligibility passed
Criminality passed
Security blank
Security screening is not mentioned anywhere in gcms notes.
My AOR : 30 june 2017
Med done: 3rd august
Paper based pnp applicant.
I guess you are under security screening, my GCMS notes shows the same as yours and my AOR is 29 August 2017. My wife is under security screening. There is not too much you can do about it except waiting.

jagan12

Jan 27, 2017
While going through this thread and comparing my GCMS notes, I suspect that my application was sent for SS.
My GCMS notes appear as below

Admissibilities
Security
{about half page blank}

Security: 2

UCI #:
Name:
Type: Security

Activities
Activity 1-5
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
UCI:
Name:

Activity 6
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
UCI:
Name:
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Security
Field Name: Status
New Value:
Office: CPC-Ottawa

The admissibilities page had s.21 and s.26 unlike s.15 that many others noted.
The activity page had codes s.22(1)(b), s.21 and s.26

It was understood that ordering csis/cbsa notes can confirm if the application was sent for additional screening.

However, can anyone please confirm if all applicants have these entries in the GCMS notes, even if not sent for SS ?
Also, does SS happen for all categories like FSW, CEC ?

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018
Hallo,

So my GMCS / CBSA are mentionning that my SS result : favourables on january 21th, but my husband is also under SS as following :

Sub activity 1 :
type : Security screening
Update date : 18/12/2018
Due date 21/01/2018

And bellow

Security screening
Previous result : Blank
Type : Comprehensive
Priority : Normal

Does it mean they didnt even start his SS ??

And wonder if you can guide me, when a person did a medical screening and exams expire do IRCC ask to re do medical only or goes through medical screening again ??

Cheers
Same for me too!! Comprehensive check

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
Hallo,

So my GMCS / CBSA are mentionning that my SS result : favourables on january 21th, but my husband is also under SS as following :

Sub activity 1 :
type : Security screening
Update date : 18/12/2018
Due date 21/01/2018

And bellow

Security screening
Previous result : Blank
Type : Comprehensive
Priority : Normal

Does it mean they didnt even start his SS ??

And wonder if you can guide me, when a person did a medical screening and exams expire do IRCC ask to re do medical only or goes through medical screening again ??

Cheers
How long did it take for your security screening to finish?

The answer to your medical query is that once your husband's screening is done and if by that time your medicals have expired then IRCC will ask you to redo your medical so they can issue your PPR request.

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
There's always that risk, a little higher with military / government jobs but you won't know for sure unless you have your GCMS notes. Your case seems to be processed pretty fast and there's nothing to worry about even if you are in SS (I had no military nor government background, no significant travel history and a pretty straightforward file but here I am 11 months later, still waiting, hehe) it's just a long wait.
Don't lose hope, have patience and order GCMS (in a few weeks perhaps?) if you feel too desperate. Good luck!
Same here mate but it's been 12 and a half months and still nothing. And guess what, my file was only sent for security in late February this year. I don't have words to describe my feelings. I thought my file was straightforward but never knew that having extensive travel history on non-EU passports can trigger SS. The limit of discrimination is beyond belief.

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
hi @legalfalcon @canapub ,i have received my gcms notes, the assessment are as follow: medical ,criminality and eligibility passes but the security is blank .

the activities -sub-activity which i had are only security . is that mean the routine security or am i under security screening:

kindly advise and thank you for your kind consideration
No one knows mate. I'm May 2017 AOR and My notes were exactly identical to yours. But unfortunately there aren't any ways to tell from GCMS notes whether we are under SS or not. I've ordered my CSIS notes couple of days ago so let's see if they shed some light on this SS malarkey.

Although, I did ring IRCC a month back and the agent over the phone told me not to expect anything until late summer / early autumn. I was really curious to ask that when you can't access much information as my file is based in london,UK then how can you tell the time period it'll take to get the final decision.

This EE process really needs sudden reform so applicants can get clarity on their applications.

qadlcy

Mar 22, 2018
Anyone have a clue about the average processing time for security screening? I received my AOR on Nov 2,2017.

erridja100

Jul 13, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I have just received my gcms notes. How could I tell if security has already started ?.
All I could see is two blank pages with s.16(1)(c), and an other page with s.15(1).

At top under Security:Not Started
Does it actually say if the security has started on gcms notes or we should request csis/csba notes ?

Thank you for your assistance.

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
How long did it take for your security screening to finish?

The answer to your medical query is that once your husband's screening is done and if by that time your medicals have expired then IRCC will ask you to redo your medical so they can issue your PPR request.
Hello,

Mine were done in two months but my husband's still under process :(

Cheers

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
hi guys

my bro got his csis notes last week it came in a CD by mail n pdf named partial realese, on the first page it shows under status Completed ...does this mean his ss is done for sure? when can he expect ppr ..it shows start date july 2017 his AOR is march 2017 ..applied under Express entry ( cec )..

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
hi guys

my bro got his csis notes last week it came in a CD by mail n pdf named partial realese, on the first page it shows under status Completed ...does this mean his ss is done for sure? when can he expect ppr ..it shows start date july 2017 his AOR is march 2017 ..applied under Express entry ( cec )..
No, if cbsa ss is in progress.ss will be completed once cbsa completes its security screening and sends complete results of security to ircc. Please refer to appended link for complete process

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/goto/post?id=6357501#post-6357501
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/6383014/

Last edited:
Reactions: alnemeh82

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
s
No, if cbsa ss is in progress.ss will be completed once cbsa completes its security screening and sends complete results of security to ircc. Please refer to appended link for complete process

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/goto/post?id=6357501#post-6357501
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/6383014/
so is there anyway to get notes from cbsa? also a frnd of mine told me that my bro should send an email to cic with the document showing my ss is done..

andremarques19751

Aug 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
So, after almost 21 months of AOR, 17 months of SS, finally got my RFV email tonight. God helps all that are is this insanely long wait.