+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi All, I wanted to check, how do you spot on the GCMS notes if you are under Security Screening ?
I received mine cpl of days ago, and I am trying to understand the document still (try to digest all 198 pages)

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi All, I wanted to check, how do you spot on the GCMS notes if you are under Security Screening ?
I received mine cpl of days ago, and I am trying to understand the document still (try to digest all 198 pages)

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
you'll mostly see some info redacted and/or pages with s15/s16 marked in the top corner.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
on mine it is mentioned S.21 and S.26 on the Security Page
International affairs and defence
21 The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1) the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the conduct of international affairs, the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada, as defined in subsection 15(2) of the Access to Information Act, or the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities, as defined in subsection 15(2) of the Access to Information Act, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information listed in paragraphs 15(1)(a) to (i) of the Access to Information Act.

When your apply for your GCMS notes, it released only your information, and not other people on the application. So their information is withheld under s26

Information about another individual
The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1) about an individual other than the individual who made the request, and shall refuse to disclose such information where the disclosure is prohibited under section 8.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
International affairs and defence
21 The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1) the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the conduct of international affairs, the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada, as defined in subsection 15(2) of the Access to Information Act, or the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities, as defined in subsection 15(2) of the Access to Information Act, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information listed in paragraphs 15(1)(a) to (i) of the Access to Information Act.

When your apply for your GCMS notes, it released only your information, and not other people on the application. So their information is withheld under s26

Information about another individual
The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1) about an individual other than the individual who made the request, and shall refuse to disclose such information where the disclosure is prohibited under section 8.
Some confusion here:

on this page http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/A-1/page-5.html#docCont it says S.21 totally different.
s.15 and s.26 i agree
What did your GCMS note say?

Operations of Government
Marginal note:Advice, etc.
  • 21 (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains
    • (a) advice or recommendations developed by or for a government institution or a minister of the Crown,

• (b) an account of consultations or deliberations in which directors, officers or employees of a government institution, a minister of the Crown or the staff of a minister participate,

• (c) positions or plans developed for the purpose of negotiations carried on or to be carried on by or on behalf of the Government of Canada and considerations relating thereto, or

• (d) plans relating to the management of personnel or the administration of a government institution that have not yet been put into operation,
    if the record came into existence less than twenty years prior to the request.

• Marginal note:Exercise of a discretionary power or an adjudicative function
    (2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of a record that contains
    • (a) an account of, or a statement of reasons for, a decision that is made in the exercise of a discretionary power or an adjudicative function and that affects the rights of a person; or

• (b) a report prepared by a consultant or an adviser who was not a director, an officer or an employee of a government institution or a member of the staff of a minister of the Crown at the time the report was prepared.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Some confusion here:

on this page http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/A-1/page-5.html#docCont it says S.21 totally different.
s.15 and s.26 i agree
What did your GCMS note say?

Operations of Government
Marginal note:Advice, etc.
  • 21 (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains
    • (a) advice or recommendations developed by or for a government institution or a minister of the Crown,

• (b) an account of consultations or deliberations in which directors, officers or employees of a government institution, a minister of the Crown or the staff of a minister participate,

• (c) positions or plans developed for the purpose of negotiations carried on or to be carried on by or on behalf of the Government of Canada and considerations relating thereto, or

• (d) plans relating to the management of personnel or the administration of a government institution that have not yet been put into operation,
    if the record came into existence less than twenty years prior to the request.

• Marginal note:Exercise of a discretionary power or an adjudicative function
    (2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of a record that contains
    • (a) an account of, or a statement of reasons for, a decision that is made in the exercise of a discretionary power or an adjudicative function and that affects the rights of a person; or

• (b) a report prepared by a consultant or an adviser who was not a director, an officer or an employee of a government institution or a member of the staff of a minister of the Crown at the time the report was prepared.
To quote Deepak Dobriyal: "You are a good question, but your question hurt me."

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
how can I find if I am in SS or not?
I cant find security screening anywhere on my gcms notes.
Under security section, it says my name and UCI number and TYPE ''Security '' then rest of the page if fully blank except for S.15 (1)

Also under activity, under security, looks like they tried to hide the new value for field name status.

Could it mean im in SS?
https://imgur.com/a/Tzqd40B

you can see upper part of ' centralized intake office ' is slightly cut off.

About me:

AOR March 6, CEC-O, 4 months plus since AOR
13th march, program assistant completed review and application went straight to IP2
Eligibility passed by officer
GCMS notes show last update was 12th April and since no updates.
Ryapreet, what about Activities 1 to 10, can you share those pages as well ?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Act 1 - 10 ? I have like 50 activities lol

Act 1 - 3 is just my name and UCI
Act 4 - EE Selection Passed. Note: they have blanked all dates for all activities.

5 is 11.2 passed 6 is criminality passed 7 is PNP not met 8 is cand CRS complete 9 is can MST not met and 10 is cand FSW met
Damn, just 50 activities that's less :D. I have 95 activities listed on my GCMS notes ;)
I was asking you with reference if there is a note about Security mentioned between Act 1-10 as Act 1 is considered the most recent

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
oh wow whats your IP2 and AOR date?
are u in SS?

how can i know for sure if im in SS or not based on my GCMS?
I am based here in Canada, you can see my GCMS notes in the thread below...
Exactly the question what you are asking, I am trying to ask the same :D, am I or am I not... Some members say yes... some say no...
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/april-2018-aor-join-here.552109/page-237

I don't wanna comment about whether you are or you are not and mislead you, not right on my part tbh

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wanted to share the good news that after being almost 1 year in security screening, I got my PPR on 6th July and COPR on 24th July 2018. We made did our landing procedures on 2nd Aug 2018. Rest of the timeline is in the signature.

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
my securtiy activity is taking place at CIO, does it mean im in SS?

for london application, the office for their security activity is also CIO ?
Hi khurram, you need to order either CBSA or CSIS notes to ascertain whether you're in SS or not. I'm also stuck in security from the last 6 months and it's been almost 15 months since AOR (May 2017). I ordered CSIS notes couple of months back and found out that they never received screening request on my file from IRCC or CBSA. I've also recently ordered CBSA notes to see if they received further screening request on my file from IRCC. So I'm gonna wait for a month and see what response comes back from CBSA.