+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows "Eligibility: Review Required"...Let's get together here!

YouthTree

Jul 4, 2018
Do you know much about the review required status? Alot of us are worried it means they are skeptical of our eligibility and could take up to a year.

Not necessarily. Review required is merely the assistant or analyst deferring a decision to the officer before making a final determination. If your employment is too complicated, out of the norm, or the documents are not clear, have some issues, they all lead to review required.

Ok, but it means they are unsure because otherwise it would be 'recommended pass?' So not necessarilly a bad thing but not the best? Do you have any idea how common this is and also how long the wait averages from this point?

"So not necessarily a bad thing but not the best" - that is correct. When you request your next set of GCMS notes, the review should be passed by the officer for most applicants, unless there was something advises in the notes entered by the analyst.

Can't say much about the timeframe as its all over the place and depends on the VO, but most applicants should see eligibility passed after review required within 3-6 weeks.

Reactions: AlexandraO

AlexandraO

Jul 8, 2016
Do you know much about the review required status? Alot of us are worried it means they are skeptical of our eligibility and could take up to a year.

Not necessarily. Review required is merely the assistant or analyst deferring a decision to the officer before making a final determination. If your employment is too complicated, out of the norm, or the documents are not clear, have some issues, they all lead to review required.

Ok, but it means they are unsure because otherwise it would be 'recommended pass?' So not necessarilly a bad thing but not the best? Do you have any idea how common this is and also how long the wait averages from this point?

"So not necessarily a bad thing but not the best" - that is correct. When you request your next set of GCMS notes, the review should be passed by the officer for most applicants, unless there was something advises in the notes entered by the analyst.

Can't say much about the timeframe as its all over the place and depends on the VO, but most applicants should see eligibility passed after review required within 3-6 weeks.
Hi,
I am inland applicant, CEC, TFW, AOR 16th of May 2018.
My GCMS (updated 26th of September) shows that Eligibility: Review Required. How it can be after more than 4 months? they didn't show whats exactly wrong with the application. Last update shown within a lot of line records is 15th of August - and thats it:((

Last long notes were done on 24th of May stated:
1. review of eligibility required as RPRF request sent (we've received it on 1st of June and paid on 2nd of June)
2. Principal Applicant spouse's passport set to "review required" as they have the history of extensive travel.
We've never traveled to "risky or considered as ambigious countries. Can it take half a year - just to check travelling??

Although I have hope:
What does it mean Application assignment? it shows 2018/11/26 as due date. can it be optimistic sign? that the officer should review it by 26th of November?

thank you!

Kirchenbomb

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi

It’s all about the time..VO-NDVO, AOR jan 2018, review req for pof, my file has not been touched since the analyst put the review required comment in March. Eligibility & security not started as per my last gcms a month ago.

So nothing set in stone as per the time. Im waiting for months now completing year nearly.

Reactions: AlexandraO

msrdy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
AOR Received.
09-14-2017
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
So we shouldn't be too worried? Did she say why it needs to be reviewed by another officer? Does it always go through two officers? And lastly did she give any time limit, did she say it means it could take longer?
No need to worry. In some cases job history/experience is not clear (well that is in my case) that caused delay in processing application. As per my understanding Every case is looked for completion primarily and another officer take a look at your documents. If the officer thinks he need more info they will go for review required. But, "review of application" is taking close to one year wait now (from your AOR). No offense, the time I mentioned is based on time taken for processing my application and similar applicants that I have been following.

Regards.

Sandy0809

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-04-2018
Kindly advise on th GCMS notes received by me today, mentions review required-proof of funds.
Detailed summary mentions that review is required as cad 12,016 is available as per bank statement however cad 18,617 is needed for family of 3 also Page 2 mentions as available funds cad 19,400 as I have submitted my documents for bank and PF.
Does PF document will not work and what should I do now my review is pending since Aug 30, 2018

Rajasr

Nov 20, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-05-2018
Med's Done....
18-05-2018
No need to worry. In some cases job history/experience is not clear (well that is in my case) that caused delay in processing application. As per my understanding Every case is looked for completion primarily and another officer take a look at your documents. If the officer thinks he need more info they will go for review required. But, "review of application" is taking close to one year wait now (from your AOR). No offense, the time I mentioned is based on time taken for processing my application and similar applicants that I have been following.

Regards.
Hi
My case is same as yours. I have sent job duties by cse. Can you update your timeline?

absz

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Guys I received ADR in April 2018 for my employment so they asked for payslips, bank statement, and evidence for employment that I submitted in April. Since then my notes say 'eligibility: review required'
Do you think its a good idea to send more evidence of job by raising CSE or should I wait more?

YouthTree

Jul 4, 2018
Guys I received ADR in April 2018 for my employment so they asked for payslips, bank statement, and evidence for employment that I submitted in April. Since then my notes say 'eligibility: review required'
Do you think its a good idea to send more evidence of job by raising CSE or should I wait more?
what's adr? did you get gcms notes?