+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS - RC-8090

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Great post. Thanks for putting this out.

But to your point on how they triage the people into PE. I and my spouse both have extensive travel history during the 5 year eligibility period. Large periods of absence. In fact my spouse had more period of absence than mine. She is through with LPP with just oath pending within 2 months off AOR with Mississauga office. While I am stuck at RC8090 for 7 months since AOR. So I think its more random to Project Endeavour then them Triaging.
What is your primary office?

Skrepka

Dec 14, 2023
The following is entirely my conjuncture, or perhaps more aptly put, my hunch based on following posts throughout this thread and a bit of digging on my part. There's obviously no way to confirm, nor do I seek any validation. Purely posting to share a thought and to kill time (yawn).

I think a distinction needs to be made between (i) having Sydney (RC-8090) as primary office, and local office (Scarborough/Vancouver/Edmonton/etc) as secondary office, and (ii) having local office as primary office, and RC-8090 for secondary.

I suspect that, for the majority of applicants whose primary office is RC-8090, they have been, for whatever reason, thrown into Project Endeavour and are now "Endeavour" clients handled by Sydney CPC. I do not know what the heck Project Endeavour is exactly. I only know that (a) there is such a thing as "Endeavour" clients (per reference made by IRCC's internal document disclosed via ATIP request); and (b) the vast majority of the applications handled by Sydney CPC fall under Project Endeavour (40787/44637=91% as of May 2022). See screenshots from ATIP documents obtained from IRCC in the thread linked above for evidence for (a) and (b). As most of the folks here in this thread are familiar by now, if your primary office is RC-8090, you are most likely looking at some 9 months of waiting (no movement whatsoever in GCMS) before something happens with LPP (completion; interview request; etc). I am inclined to think that that is how long the queue in Project Endeavour is currently taking. Once Sydney is done with whatever it is that they do in Project Endeavour (which quite evidently includes LPP), they transfer the file back to local/secondary office, which then schedules oath.

Under this conjuncture, those whose primary office is the local office, albeit with RC-8090 as secondary and assigned to do LPP, are considered "its own clients" of the local office (part of DN), as opposed to CPC Sydney's "Endeavour clients". And because these people are not Endeavour clients, you see their LPP get completed much faster (way shorter than 9+ months post-test/BG), despite LPP being assigned to RC-8090, than Endeavour clients whose primary office is RC-8090.

If you are lost by the above, or need a TL;DR, here's a summary:
- RC-8090 as primary office = Endeavour client of CPC Sydney = 9+ months long wait = unlucky
- RC-8090 as secondary office = non-Endeavour client of local office / Domestic Network = maybe slight delay in LPP but nothing like Project Endeavour = lucky

Now with that out of the way, what I'm really curious about (not that I'd ever get to know for sure, but like I said, just killing time here) is what determines who gets selected into Project Endeavour. Many years ago a set of citizenship application triage criteria used by IRCC surfaced on the Internet. You can still find them if you do some Googling. But those are obviousy obsolete now, and honestly don't offer much insight at all into Endeavour clients (I say this because I actually looked through the goddamn thing when I was scratching my head about Project Endeavour). I suspect that a certain percentage of people might get randomly selected, if one were to assume that Project Endeavour subjects an application to greater scrutiny and hence might be part of IRCC's Quality Assurance program. For the rest, there must be some sort of triage crtieria, as presented in our applications, that trigger our application to be sorted into Project Endeavour. For example, I did a soft landing and didn't move to Canada for good until a year after becoming PR. My 5-year eligibility period covers that one year of being PR but not living in Canada. Could a scenario like that be one of the criteria for looking at the application more closely under Project Endeavour? (I'll never know :)) If your primary office is RC-8090, is there anything in your application that you could think of that might trigger a triage into Project Endeavour?

One final conjecture, regarding the progression in GMCS "location" under "Paper File". This is a hard one because not everyone requests their notes at every juncture of the processing of their application; and even if the files do capture changes from one juncture to another, there's no guarantee the meaningful changes in "location" was not redacted by ATIP staff (who may not apply redaction criteria uniformly). But anyways, I suspect that the progression of an Endeavour's client is more or less as follows ("location"):
e-Grants PE (or just "e-Grants" if "PE" is redacted)
e-Grants review ready by PM-01 or PM-03
e-Grants DF (decision finalized?)

Again, I present nothing as solid facts other than the screenshots from ATIP documents, so please take everything abovementioned with a pinch of salt and apply ample of critical thinking of your own. At the end of day, none of this really matters because there is pretty much nothing one can do but to wait (or file mandus, I suppose).
Wow!! That is amazing work! Now it finally makes sense to me why I stuck with bg and test completed since June 2023. In notes primary office is CPC Sydney, and Location is blank! (so probably the atip agency cleared it). I am wondering if these cases fall within routine category or processing time 16 months does not apply to them?

Last edited:

eee

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
The following is entirely my conjuncture, or perhaps more aptly put, my hunch based on following posts throughout this thread and a bit of digging on my part. There's obviously no way to confirm, nor do I seek any validation. Purely posting to share a thought and to kill time (yawn).

I think a distinction needs to be made between (i) having Sydney (RC-8090) as primary office, and local office (Scarborough/Vancouver/Edmonton/etc) as secondary office, and (ii) having local office as primary office, and RC-8090 for secondary.

I suspect that, for the majority of applicants whose primary office is RC-8090, they have been, for whatever reason, thrown into Project Endeavour and are now "Endeavour" clients handled by Sydney CPC. I do not know what the heck Project Endeavour is exactly. I only know that (a) there is such a thing as "Endeavour" clients (per reference made by IRCC's internal document disclosed via ATIP request); and (b) the vast majority of the applications handled by Sydney CPC fall under Project Endeavour (40787/44637=91% as of May 2022). See screenshots from ATIP documents obtained from IRCC in the thread linked above for evidence for (a) and (b). As most of the folks here in this thread are familiar by now, if your primary office is RC-8090, you are most likely looking at some 9 months of waiting (no movement whatsoever in GCMS) before something happens with LPP (completion; interview request; etc). I am inclined to think that that is how long the queue in Project Endeavour is currently taking. Once Sydney is done with whatever it is that they do in Project Endeavour (which quite evidently includes LPP), they transfer the file back to local/secondary office, which then schedules oath.

Under this conjuncture, those whose primary office is the local office, albeit with RC-8090 as secondary and assigned to do LPP, are considered "its own clients" of the local office (part of DN), as opposed to CPC Sydney's "Endeavour clients". And because these people are not Endeavour clients, you see their LPP get completed much faster (way shorter than 9+ months post-test/BG), despite LPP being assigned to RC-8090, than Endeavour clients whose primary office is RC-8090.

- RC-8090 as primary office = Endeavour client of CPC Sydney = 9+ months long wait = unlucky
- RC-8090 as secondary office = non-Endeavour client of local office / Domestic Network = maybe slight delay in LPP but nothing like Project Endeavour = lucky

Now with that out of the way, what I'm really curious about (not that I'd ever get to know for sure, but like I said, just killing time here) is what determines who gets selected into Project Endeavour. Many years ago a set of citizenship application triage criteria used by IRCC surfaced on the Internet. You can still find them if you do some Googling. But those are obviousy obsolete now, and honestly don't offer much insight at all into Endeavour clients (I say this because I actually looked through the goddamn thing when I was scratching my head about Project Endeavour). I suspect that a certain percentage of people might get randomly selected, if one were to assume that Project Endeavour subjects an application to greater scrutiny and hence might be part of IRCC's Quality Assurance program. For the rest, there must be some sort of triage crtieria, as presented in our applications, that trigger our application to be sorted into Project Endeavour. For example, I did a soft landing and didn't move to Canada for good until a year after becoming PR. My 5-year eligibility period covers that one year of being PR but not living in Canada. Could a scenario like that be one of the criteria for looking at the application more closely under Project Endeavour? (I'll never know :)) If your primary office is RC-8090, is there anything in your application that you could think of that might trigger a triage into Project Endeavour?

One final conjecture, regarding the progression in GMCS "location" under "Paper File". This is a hard one because not everyone requests their notes at every juncture of the processing of their application; and even if the files do capture changes from one juncture to another, there's no guarantee the meaningful changes in "location" was not redacted by ATIP staff (who may not apply redaction criteria uniformly). But anyways, I suspect that the progression of an Endeavour's client is more or less as follows ("location"):

Again, I present nothing as solid facts other than the screenshots from ATIP documents, so please take everything abovementioned with a pinch of salt and apply ample of critical thinking of your own. At the end of day, none of this really matters because there is pretty much nothing one can do but to wait (or file mandus, I suppose).
In my notes , Location : E-Grant Outside canada ( have taken the test outside canada and completed on 28th sep and updated same in tracker) but LPP is in progress .
What does this implies? can i expect a delay or ?

faisalyaakhan

Feb 13, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-04-2019

Great post! I wish to start a petition for you to join IRCC and give us the real reason of what is happening there, lol.

As for data point, here is mine.:

Primary Office: Mississauga
Secondary Office: RC-8090
Test Scheduled by Scarborough Office.
May AOR.
Still waiting for Background Check since Test Completed in July.

As per GCMS nots, LPP is assigned to RC-8090.
Criminality and Knowledge/Test - completed
Security Clearance - Whole section is Blanked Out/Redacted
Application Assignment: Blanked Out or Redacted
Location: E-Grant Clearance Pending (I assume, I am stuck with CSIS for Security clearance check)

My wife, we applied as family, is a Citizen already, lol.

Only difference between her and mine is our job profile and my travel history to South Africa and Dubai (for couple of weeks each) - before becoming a PR.

Hope this helps!

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
My Question: My gcms note was E-Grant ready for review by PM01 but changed to E-Grant DF. what is it?
ChatGPT answer:
In the context of GCMS notes for immigration applications, "E-Grant DF" likely stands for "Electronic Grant Decision Final." This notation suggests that the electronic grant decision for your application has been finalized. It's a positive indication that your application has been approved, and the decision is now in its final state.

The transition from "E-Grant ready for review by PM01" to "E-Grant DF" likely signifies that the application has completed the necessary reviews and has received the final approval. At this stage, the decision is considered complete, and you can expect further communication regarding the next steps, such as receiving your visa, permit, or other relevant documents.

It's always a good idea to check for any additional notes or instructions in your GCMS report to get more details about the current status and any specific actions that may be required on your part.

Keep in mind that the specific terminology and processes can vary, and if you have any concerns or questions about your application, it's advisable to reach out to the relevant immigration authorities or seek guidance from a qualified immigration professional for the most accurate and up-to-date information.

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
My Question: My gcms note was E-Grant ready for review by PM01 but changed to E-Grant DF. what is it?
ChatGPT answer:
In the context of GCMS notes for immigration applications, "E-Grant DF" likely stands for "Electronic Grant Decision Final." This notation suggests that the electronic grant decision for your application has been finalized. It's a positive indication that your application has been approved, and the decision is now in its final state.

The transition from "E-Grant ready for review by PM01" to "E-Grant DF" likely signifies that the application has completed the necessary reviews and has received the final approval. At this stage, the decision is considered complete, and you can expect further communication regarding the next steps, such as receiving your visa, permit, or other relevant documents.

It's always a good idea to check for any additional notes or instructions in your GCMS report to get more details about the current status and any specific actions that may be required on your part.

Keep in mind that the specific terminology and processes can vary, and if you have any concerns or questions about your application, it's advisable to reach out to the relevant immigration authorities or seek guidance from a qualified immigration professional for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
I’m in the same boat. Waiting to find out what is this status.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Edmundtimi

Star Member
Jun 18, 2022

Wow! Amazing research!

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hey friends,

We applied as a family in Jan 2023 (paper) from Mississauga. The test was marked completed on May 19 (tracker showed May 17th).

I've received GCMS notes twice, and they both show:

• Primary office: CPC Sydney
  • Secondary office: Mississauga
LPP hasn't started yet; it's due in 2024/02/18.

Question: Is it normal for my SIN on GCMS notes to be 000000000?
Hey all, today (Dec 19, 2023) our family application updated to Decision Made on eCAS. We had RC - 8090 and the due dates on our LPP were set for Feb 2024. Hope this gives everyone else hope! My timeline is in my signature.

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
Hey all, today (Dec 19, 2023) our family application updated to Decision Made on eCAS. We had RC - 8090 and the due dates on our LPP were set for Feb 2024. Hope this gives everyone else hope! My timeline is in my signature.
Good reference point, I've seen people with Test completed from March 2023 - May 2023 (you) getting LPP completed from RC-8090 now. So hopefully I can expect mine in next 2 - 4 months :)

Reactions: rushi.gada

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
ChatGPT answer:

I also see 'e-Grant DF' noted in my file after my background check was completed. I believe this is a stage where you're waiting for a decision; otherwise, it would say 'ceremony ready'

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
We had our oath ceremony and we are so excited to officially be Canadian Citizens. There were about 128 participants from 38 different countries. It took 1.5 hours. It was an experience that we will always cherish.
Wishing the same magical moment for the ones still waiting!

Thanks for sharing your insights and experiences along this journey :)

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
We had our oath ceremony and we are so excited to officially be Canadian Citizens. There were about 128 participants from 38 different countries. It took 1.5 hours. It was an experience that we will always cherish.
Wishing the same magical moment for the ones still waiting!

Thanks for sharing your insights and experiences along this journey :)
Congratulations!

Reactions: Calgary222