+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS - RC-8090

kyra15734

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
Anyone here who lives outside Canada, and flew in for the Oath ceremony recently? I wanted to understand what I need to have ready for this situation, esp since my oath ceremony is close to the holidays (Dec 21st). Also, after I receive the citizenship certificate, what is advisable? a) remain in Canada, apply for my new Canadian passport, and then re-enter the US with a Canadian passport, or b) take the citizenship certificate, return to Canada with my Indian passport (which has the H-1B stamp), and apply for a Canadian passport in the US?

Any advice, and experiences of similar situations would be very helpful. TIA!

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Anyone here who lives outside Canada, and flew in for the Oath ceremony recently? I wanted to understand what I need to have ready for this situation, esp since my oath ceremony is close to the holidays (Dec 21st). Also, after I receive the citizenship certificate, what is advisable? a) remain in Canada, apply for my new Canadian passport, and then re-enter the US with a Canadian passport, or b) take the citizenship certificate, return to Canada with my Indian passport (which has the H-1B stamp), and apply for a Canadian passport in the US?

Any advice, and experiences of similar situations would be very helpful. TIA!
No idea or experience but maybe this would help
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/transfer-us-h1b-visa-to-canadian-passport-or-to-surrender-my-indian-citiziten.468979/page-3

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Whoa!!!! I got my Oath Ceremony date!!! Dec 21st.
No email yet, but I couldn't wait to update this group that has been so helpful and uplifting in this journey!

My timeline:
Application (Online): Dec 28, 2022
AoR: Jan 13, 2023
Test Date (Test outside Canada): Apr 4, 2023
Test marked Complete: Apr 5, 2023
PII: Nov 10, 2023
Lang & Prohibitions marked Complete: Nov 10, 2023
Physical Presence marked Complete: Nov 28, 2023
Oath Invite Date: Dec 12, 2023 (online tracker is updated)
Oath Ceremony: Dec 21, 2023

Thank you so so much to everyone. I will post an update when I get the ceremony details. Hopefully it is an in-person ceremony.
Congrats, do you know what office your file was at?

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Just recived the new gcms
notes. The application Location in previous note was E-Grant ready to review but in new note it changed to E-grant DF.
What is it? DF??

• Love
Reactions: Ryan4

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Just recived the new gcms
notes. The application Location in previous note was E-Grant ready to review but in new note it changed to E-grant DF.
What is it? DF??
Could mean decision finalized
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/may-2023-citizenship-applications.796192/page-174#post-10685598
But I have also seen a few cases where their prohibitions were still pending despite having 'DF' and were facing a little delay for the ceremony after LPP completion.
But stay positive, hopefully you will see movement soon.

• Love
Reactions: Jalalcananda

rohitrmehta

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
1 888 242 2100

These options to choose - 1 <UCI> # 1 1 1 4 1 1
Finally was able to call and get an update. They say the same, it "Is in Progress" and in standard timeline. AITP notes I got a week ago still state the LPP is "Not started" and my location status which was "eGrants-PE" in 1st AITP, changed to "E-Grants - Attribution" in 2nd, E-Grants PE in 3rd and latest one just says "E-Grant"

Don't know when will it be completed :(

• Sad
Reactions: adstarscream732

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
Finally was able to call and get an update. They say the same, it "Is in Progress" and in standard timeline. AITP notes I got a week ago still state the LPP is "Not started" and my location status which was "eGrants-PE" in 1st AITP, changed to "E-Grants - Attribution" in 2nd, E-Grants PE in 3rd and latest one just says "E-Grant"

Don't know when will it be completed :(
My Sept notes said "e-Grants PE", then both Oct and Nov notes said just "e-Grants". Of course all assignments blank. Useless crap..

Reactions: Calgary222

elfei

Aug 19, 2020
Hey, I want to request a GCMS note, however not sure I should request it from which department, IRCC or CBSA?

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Hey, I want to request a GCMS note, however not sure I should request it from which department, IRCC or CBSA?
IRCC is usually details of your file and there are two types of notes:
1. Free Privacy Notes
2. $5 ATIP Notes (detailed notes from the ATIP officer) - I usually order these :D haha

CBSA is for information related to the interaction between CBSA officers and individuals during immigration applications or border crossings.

CSIS is for Security and Criminality (order these if BG is still in progress, otherwise don't bother).