+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Edmundtimi

Star Member
Jun 18, 2022
That's interesting I wonder why they would ask again. Maybe they didn't get it or couldn't view the images. Sorry... not sure :)
For online applications, they don't request all the passport pages, only biographical ones. Sometimes they asked for all of them. Just wondering how long it took for people in similar situations.

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
I received my gcms notes again. Last time my Location had said "e-grant PM 01" but the newest one says "Location: E-Grant DF".

What does that mean?

dextro590

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
Did anyone get the request to submit scanned copies of all the pages of the passport? How long did it take to get an update after sending them?
I already took the test and got the background check done. Vancouver office particularly.
I got a reply a few days after I sent them the scanned copies through email.

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Hi, I don’t think it matters because they’ll ask you again what you prefer!
Hey! I just logged in now to message you. Haha. I finally applied for the gcms note and I have just received it. As usual, it tells me what I already know. LPP not started. However, I see that my primary location is Sydney while my secondary office is Vancouver.
Too bad for me I guess. On the note, I see deadline July 2024. Lol. Oh well. I guess I'll continue to ignore it as I've been doing and just wait till they are happy to update my file. I have no urgent travel needs plus even if i do, my PR card works fine. I guess it's safe to conclude that I was not among the lucky ones that got their application completed in 3 months. Lol. Tough luck!

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Hey! I just logged in now to message you. Haha. I finally applied for the gcms note and I have just received it. As usual, it tells me what I already know. LPP not started. However, I see that my primary location is Sydney while my secondary office is Vancouver.
Too bad for me I guess. On the note, I see deadline July 2024. Lol. Oh well. I guess I'll continue to ignore it as I've been doing and just wait till they are happy to update my file. I have no urgent travel needs plus even if i do, my PR card works fine. I guess it's safe to conclude that I was not among the lucky ones that got their application completed in 3 months. Lol. Tough luck!
What does it tell you under "Location" for example I also got my GCMS notes again recently and my location changed from "e-grant ready to review PM 01" to "e-grant DF". This field is typically under the primary office section.

ManfromAnotherPlace

May 29, 2023
That deadline doesn't mean much. It showed May 2024 for me but my LPP got done two weeks ago.

• Love
Reactions: IPULL

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
What does it tell you under "Location" for example I also got my GCMS notes again recently and my location changed from "e-grant ready to review PM 01" to "e-grant DF". This field is typically under the primary office section.
It just says e-grants...

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Finally saw some movement and sharing latest update:

Online Group application

Application #1:
Office: Scarborough and then moved to Mississauga
AOR: May 31st 2023
BG: Jun 28
Test : Jul 17
LPP: Nov 30
Oath: pending invite

Application #2:
Office: Scarborough and then moved to Mississauga
AOR: May 31st 2023
Fingerprint request: Jul 4
Fingerprint received: Jul 19
BG: in progress
Test : in progress
LPP: in progress
Oath: pending

The 2nd application became non-routine due to fingerprint request whereas the first one was standard. I saw some people here who had fingerprints process faster but when I called IRCC they said it can take time and sometimes outside of 17 months window. I hope this helps everyone else and if you have any suggestions on what could be the hold up please feel share, thanks!

Reactions: mehranjadoon

lavida

Nov 18, 2021
Hi everyone!

I want to ask you something about returning to Canada after travelling abroad. I am currently waiting for the oath ceremony and am a bit worried about it as we have to cut the PR card during the ceremony. I wonder if a citizenship certificate ( e-certificate ) will be enough to return to Canada or if you strongly suggest postponing my oath ceremony. ( It seems like an oath ceremony will be sent this week)

My timeline was:

October 12, 2023: Application sent
November 9 2023, AOR
November 22, 2023 Test invitation
November 24, 2023: Test is completed.

Thank you!

• Haha
Reactions: IPULL