+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS - RC-8090

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Hi, Can you please tell me more about quality check on application? what might they look for? I do have Non-PR time, but that is only because they asked for travel history for last 5 years and I visited Canada a bunch of times as a visitor. However, I only applied after 1095+ days as PR. So, in reality, they could just throw out the non-PR days and I would still qualify for physical presence for citizenship...
Some verifications on their end which may require an interview.

Braile

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Want to share my timeline. My wife and I applied in July 2022, passed our tests in September 2022, then in October my LPP changed to complete while they were pending for the other family member. Silence since then for almost a year until last week everything changed to complete and we got invitation to Oath.

We ordered ATIPs 2-3 times, our applications were allocated to 8090 and LPP's were simply not started.

Hope this information will help and also hope that no one in this thread will have to wait that long.

pp24

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
Want to share my timeline. My wife and I applied in July 2022, passed our tests in September 2022, then in October my LPP changed to complete while they were pending for the other family member. Silence since then for almost a year until last week everything changed to complete and we got invitation to Oath.

We ordered ATIPs 2-3 times, our applications were allocated to 8090 and LPP's were simply not started.

Hope this information will help and also hope that no one in this thread will have to wait that long.
Congrats to you and your fam!

That's a really long time knowing it was idle. It sucks because some people get their citizenship so quick because someone's actually looking at it while we're waiting for nothing. I haven't been waiting that long but I already feel a slight fury.

harsh237

Dec 22, 2021
Finally received my ATIP notes after a month. As expected, LPP assigned to GCMS 8090 and it's not even started. Cleared test in Feb 2023.

I see a note that says transferred from L1 to L2 for NPR on 25th July, 2023. I had taken my citizenship test from India in Feb 2023. I don't know if that was a red flag for them? What does L1 to L2 even mean?

Last edited:

Karandeep0001

Jul 22, 2023
Finally received my ATIP notes after a month. As expected, LPP assigned to GCMS 8090 and it's not even started. Cleared test in Feb 2023.

I see a note that says transferred from L1 to L2 for NPR on 25th July, 2023. I had taken my citizenship test from India in Feb 2023. I don't know if that was a red flag for them? What does L1 to L2 even mean?
Do u have any due date given for lpp

Calgary222

May 15, 2023

Could be your file is being scrutinized for the period of NPR (non PR time, before your PR time).

elman50205

Star Member
May 19, 2021
Hi, Can you please tell me more about quality check on application? what might they look for? I do have Non-PR time, but that is only because they asked for travel history for last 5 years and I visited Canada a bunch of times as a visitor. However, I only applied after 1095+ days as PR. So, in reality, they could just throw out the non-PR days and I would still qualify for physical presence for citizenship...
1st you need to understand that having interview is not bad thing , they will ask you their concern , most probably it is related to the non-PR Days
related questions , and if concern cleared you are good to go

in interview usually below is happening
1 - Ask about your IDs
2 - Chat with you to assess your english language
3 - Ask you some questions about your presence in canada during PR And NPR Time
4 - Check original documents of the application

as far as i read , on average 2 to 5 min , some people also reported 20 Min

be confident , answer only the questions , do not volunteer extra information , as it could trigger anything you are not expecting

good luck :)

uy-scuti

Star Member
Apr 25, 2023
Today I had a talk with cic, I can conclude with certainty, that either they are in a deep shortage of manpower or discrimination or they have both problems. God only knows. It is unfair to complete a file in 18 months when you can complete it in 6 months.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Today I had a talk with cic, I can conclude with certainty, that either they are in a deep shortage of manpower or discrimination or they have both problems. God only knows. It is unfair to complete a file in 18 months when you can complete it in 6 months.
If they really have shortage of staff, they can help themselves and all who are stuck in limbo by following the FIFO so I guess they just don't want to be transparent and fair.

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
DECISION MADE

I do not know if this is a good thing in my application.

PAPER FILE
Submitted : JUNE 2023
Background : JULY 2023
Test Invited : SEPTEMBER 3, 2023 until now no update whatsoever about the test it is still IN PROGRESS.
LPP : IN PROGRESS
ECAS: DECISION MADE This Morning.
Everything is assigned to RC-8090 Sydney.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
DECISION MADE

I do not know if this is a good thing in my application.

PAPER FILE
Submitted : JUNE 2023
Background : JULY 2023
Test Invited : SEPTEMBER 3, 2023 until now no update whatsoever about the test it is still IN PROGRESS.
LPP : IN PROGRESS
ECAS: DECISION MADE This Morning.
Everything is assigned to RC-8090 Sydney.
Your LPP has completed. You will see the update in 2 days.

Last edited: