Hi All,

Family of 3 - Husband, wife and a kid
Paper application
Application Date: Nov 17, 2022
AOR: Jan 19, 2023
Test Date: Apr 13, 2023
Test Marked complete: Apr 14, 2023
No update since then
I ordered GCMS notes on Nov 15th and got them back today I got to know RC-8090 is the office - Sydney primary office and Scarborough is the processing office
The due date for LPP shows 14th Jan 2024 (I don't know if that matters at all)

We contacted the local MPP office and they said to reach out only if 17 months have passed and nothing happens.

Not sure what to do. Is anyone in the same boat? What are the options?

Thank you.
Ya, most MPs won't do anything unless the application has gone beyond the estimated processing time on IRCC's website (which is 17 months as of today)

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
I called them 17 times before they connected me hahahaha, but I kind of automated the process. You can program your calls and my "code" was like the following 18882422100,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1,<YOUR UCI NUMBER HERE WITHOUT THE SIGNS, JUST NUMBERS>#,1,1,1,4,,,1,1. This "code" basically waited and clicked buttons for me. I don't know if you can do it on an iphone but for android you can save this as a contact and it should work.

Reactions: kyra15734

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
I just realized that in my notes email, they said the following:
The processing of your request is now complete and enclosed is the personal information to which you are entitled to under section 12(1) of the Privacy Act, which only permits you to access information about yourself. Please refer to the following for an explanation as to what was released:
Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part
Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 21 The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities, 22(1)(b) law enforcement and investigation
What does the part in bold mean? My security clearance was redacted and I understand it but I think it is related with 21 The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities but not with 22(1)(b) law enforcement and investigation. So, does that mean there's some sort of investigation about me, or is this also related to the security clearance redaction? Did any of you guys email include such a thing?

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
I called them 17 times before they connected me hahahaha, but I kind of automated the process. You can program your calls and my "code" was like the following 18882422100,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1,<YOUR UCI NUMBER HERE WITHOUT THE SIGNS, JUST NUMBERS>#,1,1,1,4,,,1,1. This "code" basically waited and clicked buttons for me. I don't know if you can do it on an iphone but for android you can save this as a contact and it should work.
Been there, done that...
Yup that is another way of calling too
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/november-2022-citizenship-applications.780754/page-193#post-10621445

Reactions: citapplicant

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
I just realized that in my notes email, they said the following:

What does the part in bold mean? My security clearance was redacted and I understand it but I think it is related with 21 The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities but not with 22(1)(b) law enforcement and investigation. So, does that mean there's some sort of investigation about me, or is this also related to the security clearance redaction? Did any of you guys email include such a thing?
No idea, but take a look here
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/background-check-still-in-process-test-marked-as-completed.753410/page-7#post-10254857

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
It seems like they couldn't figure it out as well hahaha. The thing is, the redacted part in my notes is marked as s.21 which according to some other posts, means under section 21 that part was redacted, but there's no mention of s.22. So, I don't know what is going on. I don't even have a single parking ticket. I don't know what is wrong.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
It seems like they couldn't figure it out as well hahaha. The thing is, the redacted part in my notes is marked as s.21 which according to some other posts, means under section 21 that part was redacted, but there's no mention of s.22. So, I don't know what is going on. I don't even have a single parking ticket. I don't know what is wrong.
Something about S.21,
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/june-2018-aor-join-here.563316/page-1448#post-7530690

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
S.15,16,21,22 are all different ATIP clauses under security to not disclose the info by redaction, which are also included in GCMS notes either by IRCC or CBSA. I wouldn't bother much about that.
When SS is in process, CSIS issues only single page letter and "Security Assessment/Advice" paragraph first line states clearly that "Your Security Screening case is still in
progress...." - while for the rest, bother not.
When SS is completed, it contains cover letter (containing that same paragraph also clearly states "your security screening assessment is completed....", plus it contains additional page(s), mostly redacted info, again bother not - as its completed anyways. Don't mind the hush hush security clauses.

In a nutshell, what matters is the line, indicating whether its still in process or completed. The rest is irrelevant for us, in all the random lottery system. Where one gets strands in singularity of black hole while others gets at breeze, name it whatever that every case is diff and blah blah. Take note on 2023 applicants where for around 95 percentile, SS didn't triggered (no threat), and for 2021/22, SS was triggered for like most of applicants in every month (all threat). Flawed biased lottery system - obviously many may disagree. Even the timeline of SS is unclear, yes make it sound logical, bcoz every case is different, you know eh!

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
S.15,16,21,22 are all different ATIP clauses under security to not disclose the info by redaction, which are also included in GCMS notes either by IRCC or CBSA. I wouldn't bother much about that.
When SS is in process, CSIS issues only single page letter and "Security Assessment/Advice" paragraph first line states clearly that "Your Security Screening case is still in
When SS is completed, it contains cover letter (containing that same paragraph also clearly states "your security screening assessment is completed....", plus it contains additional page(s), mostly redacted info, again bother not - as its completed anyways. Don't mind the hush hush security clauses.

In a nutshell, what matters is the line, indicating whether its still in process or completed. The rest is irrelevant for us, in all the random lottery system. Where one gets strands in singularity of black hole while others gets at breeze, name it whatever that every case is diff and blah blah. Take note on 2023 applicants where for around 95 percentile, SS didn't triggered (no threat), and for 2021/22, SS was triggered for like most of applicants in every month (all threat). Flawed biased lottery system - obviously many may disagree. Even the timeline of SS is unclear, yes make it sound logical, bcoz every case is different, you know eh!
Forgot to add the link of ATIP clauses:

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/A-1/

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023

Hmm I see. I mean my security clearance looks like Passed when I match "Status: Passed" from another section. So, I guess I'm waiting for the officer to pick up my file.