+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS NOTES WELL EXPLAINED HAS NEVER BEFORE UNTIL NOW

Pakigirl

May 9, 2019
Hi guys, can someone help me as there are some sentences under my eligibility notes that are whiteout and I can’t see them and it says review needed as well and on top of the page on right it has a.16(1)(c). Does anyone what it means?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi guys, can someone help me as there are some sentences under my eligibility notes that are whiteout and I can’t see them and it says review needed as well and on top of the page on right it has a.16(1)(c). Does anyone what it means?
These parts of the notes, and those sentences, are exempt from the Access to Information Act for various reasons and will not be released.

s.16(1)(c) is an exemption that allows information relating to criminal investigations (or in your case, criminal background checks) to not be released.

hilkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hello all, I'm the Canadian-based sponsor for my husband and we applied outland in September 2019. We've have very little progress on our application, confirmed via our GCMS notes. There are a couple of things in the notes that I'm not sure about and would appreciate any insight.

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed (in the individual client section it says Passed - Bio)
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress
Other Reqs:
Final:

PAPER FILE
Office: Mexico
#: ************

Does anyone know what the "Passed - Bio" qualifier is in the PA's Client section for Criminality? And also for Info Sharing it says In Progress overall and in the notes it indicates the Biometric - FCC Detail (USA) is Ready to be Assessed with a due date of 2019/12/17 however in an earlier note for the same type it indicated "Complete - Not Reviewed. Additional notes for Info Sharing include AUS status NRT, US Biographic status NRT, but there is nothing showing for the UK.

I'm feeling a bit concerned that 12 months in the Info Sharing is not complete and Eligibility is not started, but can't see anything specifically in the notes to confirm why. In the officer notes there is little additional information:

Reivew Type: Program Assistant APPLICATION #: ********** I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following: Sponsorship Category: FC1 ORG: BLUE Principal Applicant Application Promoted: Existing UCI Sponsor Promoted: Existing UCI Dependent(s) Application Promoted: New UCI Depdendent(s) Applicaiton Promoted: New UCI PA: Rep on file Auth Paid Rep IMM5476 E**** D***** R****** SPR: Rep on file Auth Paid Rep IMM5476 E**** D***** R****** SPR: Previous relationship Client Fees: VErified Principal Applicant ---- POLICE CERTIFICATE ----- UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Provided ST.LUCIA Provided UNITED KINGDOM Provided Stat Questions Sch. A

Any help or insight is super appreciated!

Reactions: Sparkles80

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello all, I'm the Canadian-based sponsor for my husband and we applied outland in September 2019. We've have very little progress on our application, confirmed via our GCMS notes. There are a couple of things in the notes that I'm not sure about and would appreciate any insight.

ASSESSMENTS
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

PAPER FILE

Does anyone know what the "Passed - Bio" qualifier is in the PA's Client section for Criminality? And also for Info Sharing it says In Progress overall and in the notes it indicates the Biometric - FCC Detail (USA) is Ready to be Assessed with a due date of 2019/12/17 however in an earlier note for the same type it indicated "Complete - Not Reviewed. Additional notes for Info Sharing include AUS status NRT, US Biographic status NRT, but there is nothing showing for the UK.

I'm feeling a bit concerned that 12 months in the Info Sharing is not complete and Eligibility is not started, but can't see anything specifically in the notes to confirm why. In the officer notes there is little additional information:

Reivew Type: Program Assistant APPLICATION #: ********** I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following: Sponsorship Category: FC1 ORG: BLUE Principal Applicant Application Promoted: Existing UCI Sponsor Promoted: Existing UCI Dependent(s) Application Promoted: New UCI Depdendent(s) Applicaiton Promoted: New UCI PA: Rep on file Auth Paid Rep IMM5476 E**** D***** R****** SPR: Rep on file Auth Paid Rep IMM5476 E**** D***** R****** SPR: Previous relationship Client Fees: VErified Principal Applicant ---- POLICE CERTIFICATE ----- UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Provided ST.LUCIA Provided UNITED KINGDOM Provided Stat Questions Sch. A

Sorry, I have no insight, but I'm still really curious what the ORG: BLUE bit means.

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019

ASSESSMENTS
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

PAPER FILE

My notes show roughly the same picture. 9 months into the progress but eligibility is still not started. Did the sponsor have any previous marriage or common-law relationship? Did the principal applicant travel a lot?

hilkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
My notes show roughly the same picture. 9 months into the progress but eligibility is still not started. Did the sponsor have any previous marriage or common-law relationship? Did the principal applicant travel a lot?
I (sponsor) had a previous common-law relationship but it ended 9 years prior to our current marriage. The PA has not traveled much since 2011, in 2010/2011 he traveled to Canada a few times and before that lived in the US for 2 years. He never overstayed his allowance in Canada but was denied entry on his last visit (no visa required at that time, there is a visa requirement now). We've taken a few vacations together in the Caribbean.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada

ASSESSMENTS
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

PAPER FILE

"Passed - Bio" typically means that the criminality check was completed and verified using biometrics. It may update in the future, as you note, if the applicant is from the UK and an additional criminality check is pending (though is there no listing at all for the UK? It should say 'Not started' or 'Pending' or at least something.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Sorry, I have no insight, but I'm still really curious what the ORG: BLUE bit means.
The "ORG" tag has been used for grouping of applications before (there has been some "ORG: DELAYED BY COVID" or similar that I have seen) so it's possible it's an internal grouping of applications for some reason. Likely doesn't mean anything at all. I note this in context that the notes referenced also indicated a "ROC Priority Registry" - since this appears to be an outland application, that may be a connection.

Reactions: armoured

hilkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
"Passed - Bio" typically means that the criminality check was completed and verified using biometrics. It may update in the future, as you note, if the applicant is from the UK and an additional criminality check is pending (though is there no listing at all for the UK? It should say 'Not started' or 'Pending' or at least something.
We provided the police certificate for the UK, which is noted in the Officer Notes. There is no Info Sharing section for the UK, only US and AUS.

The applicant is from St Lucia but traveled to the UK and was there for a year 20 years ago so we had to provide the police certificate.

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
I (sponsor) had a previous common-law relationship but it ended 9 years prior to our current marriage. The PA has not traveled much since 2011, in 2010/2011 he traveled to Canada a few times and before that lived in the US for 2 years. He never overstayed his allowance in Canada but was denied entry on his last visit (no visa required at that time, there is a visa requirement now). We've taken a few vacations together in the Caribbean.
My husband (the sponsor) had a previous common-law relationship as well. I (the PA) studied and worked in Australia for 4 years and travelled to Canada and the US a few times before submitting the application.

I'm wondering if these factors (previous relationship & intl travels) would increase the amount of time to process our applications, particularly w.r.t. background check. Does your GCKey account show background check in progress? Is your destination Quebec Province?

hilkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
My husband (the sponsor) had a previous common-law relationship as well. I (the PA) studied and worked in Australia for 4 years and travelled to Canada and the US a few times before submitting the application.

I'm wondering if these factors (previous relationship & intl travels) would increase the amount of time to process our applications, particularly w.r.t. background check. Does your GCKey account show background check in progress? Is your destination Quebec Province?
I've already been approved as the Sponsor, I don't believe my prior common-law relationship should have any further bearing to our application. Background check is in progress, destination is Ontario.

shayusuf247

Nov 10, 2019
Hi All,

Please help me understand what to expect next?

Assessments:
Eligibility: Passed
Security: blank
HIRV: blank
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime: blank
Misinterpretation: blank
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs: Cancelled
Final: blank

What does security blank means when the criminality is passed?
What do you guys think is the next step here?

akshaypatel0709

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Hi All,

Can you please help me understand my notes? Just received them...

NOTES
NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2019/06/04 01 :37:58
Created By:
Updated Date: 2019/06/04 01 :37:58
Updated By:
Restricted: No
Label: General
Office: New Delhi
Text: ***Batch Note*****: IMPORTANT: Incoming correspondence that was at provided has been flipped to
received in bulk. Incoming information will need to be reviewed at next due date.

NOTES: 2
Created Date: 2019/04/14 22:32:01
Created By:
Updated Date: 2019/04/14 22:32:01
Updated By:
Restricted: No
Label: General
Office: New Delhi
Text: ***Batch Note*****: IMPORTANT: Incoming correspondence that was at provided has been flipped to
received in bulk. Incoming information will need to be reviewed at next due date.

my notes says same thing?

what is your current status?

hilkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hi All,

Please help me understand what to expect next?

Assessments:
Eligibility: Passed
Security: blank
HIRV: blank
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime: blank
Misinterpretation: blank
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs: Cancelled
Final: blank

What does security blank means when the criminality is passed?
What do you guys think is the next step here?
Criminality is based on the police certificates submitted for all the countries the applicant has lived in and so is completed early on in the process. Security is the final stage where they go to CSIS, Interpol, CBSA etc (not an expert so not sure who exactly they check with) to do a deeper dig into the applicant, I imagine looking for things more like links to terrorism organizations.