+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS NOTES WELL EXPLAINED HAS NEVER BEFORE UNTIL NOW

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
It could also be something completely innocent: IRCC may be using junior analysts to conduct initial reviews and the "review required" flag could be because someone not authorized to exercise discretion in finalizing eligibility review needs a visa officer to finalize it.
I hope so but I can admit that our case may be not the easiest one since we are common-law and have lived in a few places (including different countries) during the cohabitation period. I was just surprised this status under Eligibility was added even before I got AOR2 where was stated that Warsaw just received our file. Our VO was impressively productive for the last two weeks so I think we might get something soon. Thank you for the input.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I hope so but I can admit that our case may be not the easiest one since we are common-law and have lived in a few places (including different countries) during the cohabitation period. I was just surprised this status under Eligibility was added even before I got AOR2 where was stated that Warsaw just received our file. Our VO was impressively productive for the last two weeks so I think we might get something soon. Thank you for the input.
Well, that's probably your answer then - review required because there are some things that need to be checked, that's all. Specifically meeting the common law requirements.

Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it, just needs to be reviewed.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it, just needs to be reviewed.
This is exactly what I thought when I read that part of the notes! Probably I shouldn’t have read threads named “Eligibility Review Required”. Those threads do make you feel worried. Thank you both :)

Reactions: armoured

Wzka

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
hi All, I ordered GCMS notes, in the section of incoming, it says incoming item: schedule A online. Status: Not started. So my question is, what Is schedule A online and what does NRT mean

samzik

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
hi All, I ordered GCMS notes, in the section of incoming, it says incoming item: schedule A online. Status: Not started. So my question is, what Is schedule A online and what does NRT mean
NRT means no trace (refer to page 1 of this thread for more info on NRT). Schedule A is one of the forms you filled with your application. It seems the Schedule A is yet to be sent to the Visa officer.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Schedule A refers to IMM 5669 E : Schedule A - Background / Declaration. This is part of the online application that you file or you may have sent after being requested by IRCC online.

NRT - No Reportable Trace, which indicates that there is no adverse information or no information available to make an individual inadmissible to enter Canada for criminality.

Reactions: singleman

mkgb

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
@legalfalcon and @caipsnotes, I am a PR PNP paper-based applicant from outside Canada. I recently requested for my GCMS notes and the following updates were noted in page 2 of the notes:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Not Started
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress
Other Reqs:
Final:

PAPER FILE
Office: Centralized Intake Office
#: ************

The latest texts of the note written by the case analyst/officer passed the criminality and eligibility assessments. However, three items were noted for action as shown below:

APPLICATION: ************ APPLICATION: PNP INTERNATIONAL I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. ACTION ITEMS: ****GENERAL RESULTS: MEDICALS REQUIRED FOR ALL APPLICANTS**** ****Province matches current residence: No**** ****BIOMETRIC INFORMATION SHARING READY TO BE ASSESSED FOR THE PA****

While I understand the actions that will be taking or being taken for ****GENERAL RESULTS: MEDICALS REQUIRED FOR ALL APPLICANTS**** AND ****BIOMETRIC INFORMATION SHARING READY TO BE ASSESSED FOR THE PA****, I DO NOT understand the action that will be taking for ****Province matches current residence: No**** because I am an International Applicant. Could you kindly help me understand this. Thank you as I await your response.

Wzka

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
I sent background and declaration form together with my application last December. They have never asked me to submit it to them, that’s why I am confused why it was in the section of incoming.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon, I am a PR PNP paper-based applicant from outside Canada. I recently requested for my GCMS notes and the following updates were noted in page 2 of the notes:

ASSESSMENTS
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

PAPER FILE

The latest texts of the note written by the case analyst/officer passed the criminality and eligibility assessments. However, three items were noted for action as shown below:

APPLICATION: ************ APPLICATION: PNP INTERNATIONAL I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. ACTION ITEMS: ****GENERAL RESULTS: MEDICALS REQUIRED FOR ALL APPLICANTS**** ****Province matches current residence: No**** ****BIOMETRIC INFORMATION SHARING READY TO BE ASSESSED FOR THE PA****

While I understand the actions that will be taking or being taken for ****GENERAL RESULTS: MEDICALS REQUIRED FOR ALL APPLICANTS**** AND ****BIOMETRIC INFORMATION SHARING READY TO BE ASSESSED FOR THE PA****, I DO NOT understand the action that will be taking for ****Province matches current residence: No**** because I am an International Applicant. Could you kindly help me understand this. Thank you as I await your response.

As a PNP applicant you have to demonstrate your intention to reside in the Province of your nomination, by submitting a letter of intent showing close ties, job offers, family, friends etc. If you are already in Canada, and residing in the Province of your nomination, then the notes will state Yes for Province matches current residence. Since you are are an outland applicant you see No.

To read more on PNP, see https://bit.ly/333QhPU

As long as you meet the PNP criteria, no need to worry.

Reactions: mkgb

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hi thanks for reaching out and providing additional info. Your UCI number will not change from one application to another. If you didn't have one previously then issuance of a UCI can indicate what stage you are at.

At times in the GCMS notes an applicant may see "Info Sharing: System Error" All this means is that either no information was found or a technical error occurred in accessing the information. Associated with this you may also see the comments "Contact GCMS Helpdesk or Proceed with processing the application, at the VO's discretion"

Suggest, to have your sponsor contact the local MP and assist with inquiring about the status. Under Canada’s Privacy Act (Section 8 [2] [g]) IRCC is obligated to respond in a matter of a couple of days and release the information.
Thank you so much for your help!!!

Reactions: caipsnotes

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon and @caipsnotes, I am a PR PNP paper-based applicant from outside Canada. I recently requested for my GCMS notes and the following updates were noted in page 2 of the notes:

ASSESSMENTS
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

PAPER FILE

Not to worry, this is normal. It would say Yes as in this example post-4752970 if you were residing in the province.

Reactions: mkgb