Irena023

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Zadar, Croatia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27-11-2019
Thanks very much, did you fill the consent form before requesting? And did you pay after submitting?
Yes, both my husband and I had to sign the consent and had to pay to order it. But we got it real fast. One part at least. The second part they got a message from the Immigration that due to Covid, it will take some time, so instead in 30 days time they give it another 60 days. So in August.

Socceros

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
@legalfalcon
Good morning, hope your doing well.
Upon reading my GCMS notes i noticed that under security info are hidden and on the top corner of the page it is marked s 15 1. On the assessment security is left blank whereas all other are passed criminality and eligibility, info sharing is complete. I tried to do some research and found that if that is the case my security is done. Can you confirm this info? Do we have any source that can tell us more about that. Thank you in advance.

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
Hi guys,
Well I have applied for gcms on May 17th and the emails says

“Your temporary request tracking number is xxx After your request has been registered, a new number will be assigned to your request.”

My question is did u guys get a new tracking number once the request is being registered or did u get gcms directly?

I know the situation is delaying our processing time but did u guys get gcms in 30-40 business days or it took longer?

Thankyou

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I got tracking number/application number for GCMS request fairly quickly (about a week? don't remember), and the notes themselves in almost exactly 30 days.

But this was before covid delays.

Irena023

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Zadar, Croatia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27-11-2019
Hi guys,
Well I have applied for gcms on May 17th and the emails says

“Your temporary request tracking number is xxx After your request has been registered, a new number will be assigned to your request.”

My question is did u guys get a new tracking number once the request is being registered or did u get gcms directly?

I know the situation is delaying our processing time but did u guys get gcms in 30-40 business days or it took longer?

Thankyou
I got a reference number a day or two after I ordered them. Tracking wasn't really working but support team was really helpful, they replied every e-mail right away. I got CAIPS/GCMS in less than 30 days but the rest of it is delayed.

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
I got tracking number/application number for GCMS request fairly quickly (about a week? don't remember), and the notes themselves in almost exactly 30 days.

But this was before covid delays.
Ow okk. So they did send u another tracking number after the temporary tracking number if I am not wrong

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I applied on May 17th. There is no update till date. Only email I got was that I have paid $5 and along with temporary tracking number
After you submit the GCMS request, right away you will receive an email which has this message;

(1) "Your temporary request tracking number is 1234567. After your request has been registered, a new number will be assigned to your request."

(2) A PDF attachment with a copy of the payment receipt which has the number R123456789 (if GCMS is requested using the Access to information Act)

This temporary tracking number will eventually change to something like this "IRCC ATIP file 2A-2019-12345" but you will only learn of it from IRCC (1) when you receive the GCMS file (2) if there is going to be a delay or (3) if IRCC has questions for you. Until then if you need to contact IRCC about your request (if it's been more than 30 days and you have not heard from IRCC) you can use either the temporary request tracking number or even the payment receipt number.

By law IRCC is required to notify you within 30 days if they need more time to process your request. If that is applicable then you will receive an email that looks something like this and this correspondence will have the new number

I wish to inform you that, in accordance with the Access To Information Act*, an extension of xx days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is due to a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution.

Considering the extension, your request is now due on Month, Day, Year

Further information about the Access To Information Act* can be found at the following web page:

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/a-1/

Please be advised that you are entitled to submit a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Information Commissioner within sixty days of the receipt of this notice. The complaint form can be retrieved at: http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at IRCC.ATIP-AIPRP.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

Sincerely,

ATIP Officer
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
After you submit the GCMS request, right away you will receive an email which has this message;

(1) "Your temporary request tracking number is 1234567. After your request has been registered, a new number will be assigned to your request."

(2) A PDF attachment with a copy of the payment receipt which has the number R123456789 (if GCMS is requested using the Access to information Act)

This temporary tracking number will eventually change to something like this "IRCC ATIP file 2A-2019-12345" but you will only learn of it from IRCC (1) when you receive the GCMS file (2) if there is going to be a delay or (3) if IRCC has questions for you. Until then if you need to contact IRCC about your request (if it's been more than 30 days and you have not heard from IRCC) you can use either the temporary request tracking number or even the payment receipt number.

By law IRCC is required to notify you within 30 days if they need more time to process your request. If that is applicable then you will receive an email that looks something like this and this correspondence will have the new number

I wish to inform you that, in accordance with the Access To Information Act*, an extension of xx days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is due to a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution.

Considering the extension, your request is now due on Month, Day, Year

Further information about the Access To Information Act* can be found at the following web page:

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/a-1/

Please be advised that you are entitled to submit a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Information Commissioner within sixty days of the receipt of this notice. The complaint form can be retrieved at: http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at IRCC.ATIP-AIPRP.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

Sincerely,

ATIP Officer
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Thankyou so much

Rushie38

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Hi, i have a query, our file was sent through a representative. We wanted to know about our file status, but she says gcms notes can only be sent ince the application crosses the normal timeline. Is it true? In our case, who can request for gcms notes? Can my husband( sponsor) do that?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi, i have a query, our file was sent through a representative. We wanted to know about our file status, but she says gcms notes can only be sent ince the application crosses the normal timeline. Is it true? In our case, who can request for gcms notes? Can my husband( sponsor) do that?
Yes your husband can request on your behalf. First fill out this form https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5744e.pdf and then proceed here https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

You can request the GCMS notes any number of times and it does not hurt or help your visa application.

Rushie38

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Yes your husband can request on your behalf. First fill out this form https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5744e.pdf and then proceed here https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

You can request the GCMS notes any number of times and it does not hurt or help your visa application.
Ok so that means our representativr has no role in this? I am asking this as we tried calling ircc few weeks back and they said they can only disclose the information to our rep not us. So i was wondering whether gcms notes too need to be requested through our rep.