+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS notes show VO have questions about my reference letters??

CEC6Jun

Mar 9, 2015
Since I have emailed additional information on Dec 2014 and haven't received any reply, and also it's been 8 months since they received my application but still waiting, I ordered GCMS notes last month and it just arrived last Friday. I saw notes from VO on Jan 23 2015 stated some of the duties mentioned in my reference letter. Here is the exact notes from the VO:

One letter issued from xxxxx states that she is "arranging technical support, accounts payable and receivable." One letter from xxxxxxxx states that she's "handling transactions such as purchase order, billing and accounting information, and deliveryon goods and services."

The above is just a sentence from the paragraph. The rest of it is basically summarizing all of my information. I am not sure if they feels a little suspicious of the duties on my reference letters does not match my position - retail assistant manager. I wanna know how do you guys feel about that? Do I need to send them an email to explain this situation or wait and see if they request me to do so?

In my opinion those duties looks very normal as those reference letters are from our business partners and that's all they know about me. One of them is our supplier so "handling transactions such as purchase order, billing and accounting information, and deliveryon goods and services." basically includes all communications between us. The other one is from an auto repair "arranging technical support, accounts payable and receivable." They are just telling the truth about what is involved between us. Nothing wrong. But it doesn't mean that those descriptions make up all of my duties. Those are just actions and procedures involved in performing some of the duties such as monitor and purchase inventory, arranging repair and maintenance services. I suppose it is common sense. Don't know why the VO included that in the notes. Does it mean they feel suspicious? Is it normal for them to include details from reference letter in VO's notes? Those reference letters are just additional supporting documents NOT required documents. Will the VO judge my job duties based on the reference letter? I am really worry right now coz as far as I know there are many people submitted in Jun has done medical exams already and I am still waiting for nothing.

Any opinions and suggestions are welcome.

Here is my info:

Application received: Jun 09 2014
AOR: Jul 23 2014
Visa office: Ottawa
NOC: assistant manager - retail

CEC6Jun

Mar 9, 2015
No one has any idea?

My expected medical exam should be Feb 2015. Right now it's already 1 month late.

Notes indicates review required by officer. Does that mean they need a senior VO to review my case for eligibility? Whether I should email them an explanation now or wait till they notify me of anything?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
CEC6Jun said:
In my opinion those duties looks very normal as those reference letters are from our business partners and

And why did you submit letters from your "business partners?" Did you not submit a letter from your employer?

I suppose it is common sense. Don't know why the VO included that in the notes. Does it mean they feel suspicious? Is it normal for them to include details from reference letter in VO's notes? Those reference letters are just additional supporting documents NOT required documents.

Again, it's not clear why you submitted those letters, but your letter of employment is the KEY document to support your application. Yes, it is normal for the VO to summarize your duties in the notes. They WILL point out issues and the reason that review is required.

Will the VO judge my job duties based on the reference letter?

Again - letter(s) of employment are not "just" supporting documents, they are REQUIRED and the single most important document for the VO to judge whether or not you meet the requirements.

I am really worry right now coz as far as I know there are many people submitted in Jun has done medical exams already and I am still waiting for nothing.

There is no fixed timeline. Different people have different backgrounds, each application is unique and has its own timeline.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
CEC6Jun said:
My expected medical exam should be Feb 2015. Right now it's already 1 month late.

Where on earth did you get that idea? There is no such schedule. Your application may take longer than some others, but it is not "late." There is no fixed schedule.

Notes indicates review required by officer. Does that mean they need a senior VO to review my case for eligibility? Whether I should email them an explanation now or wait till they notify me of anything?

If the file says review required, then, yes, it will go to another VO for review. What exactly would you explain?

CEC6Jun

Mar 9, 2015
Yes of course I did submit the employment letter. That's a required document. But in additional I submitted some supporting documents and letters such as letters from business partners and coworkers. Those duties mentioned in the notes was come from the reference letters from our business partners which is not required documents. That's why I was thinking if I should write an email to them to try to explain, as I have to sent them my T4 anyways. But on the other hand, I afraid it will look more suspicious as they didn't ask me to explain because to me it is just common sense that your business partner will never know what exactly your duties are in the company. All they know is the communication between me and them. Right? That's why I am confuse.

From the excel link in this thread there is a column called expected ME and for Jun application it is Feb 2015. And I saw a lot of people have done ME already and I am still waiting. Just a little worry as if I fail this application, there is no way back. Last chance is EE which I definitely don't want to deal with.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
CEC6Jun said:
because to me it is just common sense that your business partner will never know what exactly your duties are in the company. All they know is the communication between me and them. Right? That's why I am confuse.
LOL, well, to me it is common sense NOT to send extra documents that are not required. I've seen too many people on this forum send in extra things that are not required and get refused because of that. So I'm confused why you would send letters that cannot benefit your application but can hurt it by contradicting your NOC.

I'm not trying to make you feel bad, just hoping that others can learn from your experience.

At this point, go ahead and send your T4, but I don't think there's a need to explain anything. It will go to review, and hopefully the VO will concentrate on your employer's letter. If the 2nd review officer has questions, you will then be asked to explain.

CEC6Jun

Mar 9, 2015
Thank you Jes. I will go ahead and send T4 to them tonight. Probably will apply for another notes later next month.

Ashruminates

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application (Score 8.0)
File Transfer...
N\A
Med's Request
N\A (Upfront)
Med's Done....
18-02-2015
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
CEC6Jun said:
Thank you Jes. I will go ahead and send T4 to them tonight. Probably will apply for another notes later next month.
are you planning to send them the scanned copy of T4\NOA or the printouts by physical mail.??
i m also planning to send them these docs, hence asking.

Diya_17

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
My eligibility under review as they are not clear on my duties after reading my GcMS notes.
Can I send letter of explanation/reference now?
If yes then how?
Please reply