+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS Notes say Eligibility: Recommend Interview

Ahadch3357

Nov 3, 2019
Wazirabad, Pakistan
Category........
CEC
Yes, it provides the validity of my biometric information. But the date of the letter is updated, as well as the correspondence address when compared to the letter from the last year. I thought it was normal, as communication that my biometrics information is valid for my new application. Is it not?
How do you know only the first applications get the letter?
This letter explains that your biometric are valid till next 10 years.
Mostly, students don't get this letter if they apply visa for second/more times, they already have this letter when they apply last time

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
I at least got a decision by Oct 3rd, there are people who applied in March who are still waiting for decisions.
have you started studied already? I can't believe they wait until now to issue refusal, why not sooner? while Winter intake applications now are being processed...

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Nope, I never did. I deferred to Jan when I did not get an AIP before the course start date.

It was far too risky to start the course without an AIP.

AIPs were held back for people who were considered 'high risk' and those people were marked as "Recommend Interview" by the junior officers.

When the senior officer i.e. the final decision maker (usually sitting in Edmonton) takes a look at the application, they take a decision. They mostly refuse high risk candidates.

I found out all this from my research.

Reactions: trang.ng.pharm

Devil76

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hey everyone..

My GCMS notes says same thing "Recommended Interview" Applied in June, first time and no update till now

What can be the possible outcome of it?

Khyati4142

Aug 27, 2020
Hey Guys!

My GCMS note has written the same thing "Recommended Interview"

Applied on 20th March
Medical Passed on 3rd June
Biometrics is still remaining and I applied first time and no update till now!
I deferred from September to January intake....

What is the probability to get final confirmation?

TFTXMJ

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Same here! Have you guys checked the application part? My eligibility under application was firstly failed but changed to recommend interview afterward. I don't know what's going on

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
There are 2 levels of officers.

1. Junior officers
2. Senior officers

These junior officers have been tasked with issuing AIPs to all low risk cases (no gap etc)

They have also been tasked with marking recommend interview to high risk cases (long gaps, different study, high age etc).

For those marked with recommend interview, your eligibility will be assessed by a senior officer who will make a final decision (it is usually a refusal in most cases).

All this I gathered from several calls made to IRCC and from a couple of other sources.

All the best to you. I got refused on Oct 3rd (applied on March 19th under SDS online). Refusal was from CPC Ottawa.

Reactions: trang.ng.pharm

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
There are 2 levels of officers.

1. Junior officers
2. Senior officers

These junior officers have been tasked with issuing AIPs to all low risk cases (no gap etc)

They have also been tasked with marking recommend interview to high risk cases (long gaps, different study, high age etc).

For those marked with recommend interview, your eligibility will be assessed by a senior officer who will make a final decision (it is usually a refusal in most cases).

All this I gathered from several calls made to IRCC and from a couple of other sources.

All the best to you. I got refused on Oct 3rd (applied on March 19th under SDS online). Refusal was from CPC Ottawa.
thank you for sharing your case. all the best to you and wish your next application an approval.

Sep 15, 2020
Not yet!!

No updated on application at all
Did you order notes? I’m sorry to say this but if you haven’t got AIP till now and you are recommended to be interviewed, this is not a good sign in my opinion. But order notes first!