+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS Notes say Eligibility: Recommend Interview

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi,

I just got my GCMS notes.

My study permit application has been in process since March 19th. I got my GCMS notes today and it says the following.

What exactly does it mean?

Does it mean that I need to go for an interview to the embassy?

Profile: SDS Online - India. 2nd Application.

Last edited:
Reactions: YaminiBhargav

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Hi,

My study permit application has been in process since March 19th. I got my GCMS notes today and it says the following.

Likely an interview is required, but that was Pre-Covid19 situation. They may drop this and just issue an AIP when its reviewed again. They may conduct a phone interview instead of embassy because of Covid19.

Reactions: canadian_student

monar47

Feb 13, 2020
Hi,

With whom did you apply for your GCMS notes? How much time did it take?

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Contact @demme343 . He is my dear friend and has same interview recommended like you in gcms notes.
Which country are u from?
I'm from India. I did some digging around it seems that "Recommend Interview" does not mean an interview is mandatory. It seems that it will change to "Interview Required" in case an interview is really required.

Holi

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
I'm from India. I did some digging around it seems that "Recommend Interview" does not mean an interview is mandatory. It seems that it will change to "Interview Required" in case an interview is really required.
From where u got this information that recommend interview is not necessary and it can be waived off.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
From where u got this information that recommend interview is not necessary and it can be waived off.
Visa applications are reviewed by at least two levels of people:

1. Visa/case processing analyst

They review all information and can only make recommendations as to what happens - ie, recommended interview, recommended refusal. They may be able to refuse some clearly ineligible applications.

2. Visa officer

They review what the analyst's notes are and make final decisions, including whether or not an interview is required. As @getsthingsdone says, GCMS notes would change to "interview required" if the visa officer determined that one was mandatory. A visa officer may disregard a recommended interview.

Holi

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Visa applications are reviewed by at least two levels of people:

1. Visa/case processing analyst

They review all information and can only make recommendations as to what happens - ie, recommended interview, recommended refusal. They may be able to refuse some clearly ineligible applications.

2. Visa officer

They review what the analyst's notes are and make final decisions, including whether or not an interview is required. As @getsthingsdone says, GCMS notes would change to "interview required" if the visa officer determined that one was mandatory. A visa officer may disregard a recommended interview.
Thanks for this valuable information. My friend also has recommend interview. Thank God it has not a required interview.

Reactions: demme343

vngirl

Feb 28, 2020
Hi friend, I have exactly the same as you. But I start class as the college is asking to. I just ordered gcms, but nothing changed much after that.

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
Hi,

What is your employment history and is your course in same area as previous studies?