+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS notes couldnt understand

sajiam

Feb 19, 2019
This is further to your request under the Access to Information Act, which was received on April 19, 2019, for the following records:

the electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the temporary residence file concerning ############.

The processing of your request is now complete. Please refer to the following for an explanation as to what was released:

Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part

Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 17 safety of individuals

You received the following amount of pages (if applicable): 47

Further information about the Access to Information Act can be found at the following web page:

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/a-1/

i recieved this message and i don't understand what was the reason for refusal ?

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Because that is not where you find the notes. You click on the attachment and open it. The attachment has 47 pages.

Reactions: k.h.p.

sajiam

Feb 19, 2019
There is one attachment but it has 68 page and its access to information act, its not gcms note bro

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
This is further to your request under the Access to Information Act, which was received on April 19, 2019, for the following records:

the electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the temporary residence file concerning ############.

The processing of your request is now complete. Please refer to the following for an explanation as to what was released:

Further information about the Access to Information Act can be found at the following web page:

i recieved this message and i don't understand what was the reason for refusal ?
Are you in Canada or outside? How did you apply?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014

GCMS is a retired/internal term, but it still gets used around in this forum. These are indeed ordered through the Access to Information Act, if your uncle made the correct selection. It should be an attached file in your email as a PDF. If correct, the officer’s notes are seen in the last pages.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
It says in the email that the OP quoted that it was in response to a request under the Access to Information Act.
In that case some information entered during filing the request was either incorrect or missing, Every application which is processed has information in GCMS

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
In that case some information entered during filing the request was either incorrect or missing, Every application which is processed has information in GCMS
It's not clear to me that the OP was actually opening the file. He keeps insisting that all he got was a copy of the Access to Information Act - but the email he quoted has a link to the Access to Information Act.

His email shows a 47-page document, which is par for the course for a GCMS output.

I honestly don't think the OP opened the attachment.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
It's not clear to me that the OP was actually opening the file. He keeps insisting that all he got was a copy of the Access to Information Act - but the email he quoted has a link to the Access to Information Act.

His email shows a 47-page document, which is par for the course for a GCMS output.

I honestly don't think the OP opened the attachment.
Confused.
As far as i can understand, his uncle requested notes (details entered in representation was of uncle) and the information of the applicant was not released because
1. Wrongly requested the gcms
2. The consent form was not submitted (sec 17 mentioned in the email).

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If that were the case, they wouldn't have processed it and released 47 pages of redacted information. They would have refused the application saying that the entirety was withheld due to a lack of a consent form.