+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS note- Citizenship application On hold

Lazarooo

Star Member
Oct 10, 2022
Hello everyone,

I applied for my citizenship on November 10th, 2022, and received my AOR on January 3rd, 2023. I haven't received any updates after my criminal check and the language test in March of this year.

I recently requested GCMS notes, and the status on the notes app shows "On hold," with the reason stated as "SUSPENDED - INVESTIGATED." I can't think of any reasons why! My taxes are filed, I don't have a criminal history in the country, and I came as a refugee to this country. I would appreciate your advice or explanation on this matter and what I should do next?

Primary office: Vancouver citizenship
secondary office: CPC Sydney
app status: on hold
app status reason: suspended - investigated
Knowledge: passed
criminality: passed
residence: Not started
prohibition: Not started
Language: Not started
app received: November 16th
AOR: January 2023
Office: Vancouver citizenship

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Hello everyone,

I applied for my citizenship on November 10th, 2022, and received my AOR on January 3rd, 2023. I haven't received any updates after my criminal check and the language test in March of this year.

I recently requested GCMS notes, and the status on the notes app shows "On hold," with the reason stated as "SUSPENDED - INVESTIGATED." I can't think of any reasons why! My taxes are filed, I don't have a criminal history in the country, and I came as a refugee to this country. I would appreciate your advice or explanation on this matter and what I should do next?

Primary office: Vancouver citizenship
secondary office: CPC Sydney
app status: on hold
app status reason: suspended - investigated
Knowledge: passed
criminality: passed
residence: Not started
prohibition: Not started
Language: Not started
app received: November 16th
AOR: January 2023
Office: Vancouver citizenship
Read the thread below for one of the reasons an application could be on hold
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/grant-pr-status.824726/#post-10663961
Also read
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-11th-2017-citizenship-applicants-under-3-5-rule.521045/page-701#post-7099540

Last edited:

Lazarooo

Star Member
Oct 10, 2022
Were you interviewed by a CBSA officer at the airport after your return?
Before checking out, an officer asked me a few questions about whether I returned to my home country. I replied, 'No,' and the whole process took around 5 minutes.

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Before checking out, an officer asked me a few questions about whether I returned to my home country. I replied, 'No,' and the whole process took around 5 minutes.
It could be that the CBSA officer added some notes to your file, necessitating further investigation. It might also be due to other factors. Since you know more about your file than anyone else, you could review this pdf to understand more about cases that can cause files to be put on hold

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/93f692f2-4496-4e26-bf87-dea3f09083dc/downloads/CP6+-+Prohibitions.pdf?ver=1674583914012

blessedsoul2023

Sep 6, 2023
I was interviewed for Cit grant in july
Next day application was approved and notes say Cit is granted. Three days later the final review officer put my case on hold. MP asked IRCC and they said everything thing is done but they will not call me for oath untill the additional verifications are completed.
They do not share what it is. I am not a refugee claimant. My background check already was done after 9 months in May. No idea what it is. When I got the GCMS notes they say application on hold.
Nothing I can do as when I asked the lawyer for mandamus writ he also told me to wait out few months.