+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCKEY Background check not applicable?

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does background check has to be completed first before eligiblity?

mcdonal22

Jul 24, 2020
Update in the gckey account background check went from not applicable to in progress today.
Anyone have the same??
Not for me, mine is still in "N/A" under GCKEY and In-Progress in the Tracker. BTW in which program you had applied?

mcdonal22

Jul 24, 2020
Reading all related post for "not applicable" in BGC - In general, I think BGC changing to "not applicable" has been happening for years now. So if IRCC Care Agent saying its glitch - it is hard to believe. For folks who's BGC went to "not applicable" when many applicant noticed the same, and then changed to "processing" or "in-progress" (from N/A) for few applicants indicates that it maybe is not system glitch. If it was system glitch, then it would have changed to processing or something else for all applicants who got N/A (i think on Apr 24/25) but that isn't the case.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Reading all related post for "not applicable" in BGC - In general, I think BGC changing to "not applicable" has been happening for years now. So if IRCC Care Agent saying its glitch - it is hard to believe. For folks who's BGC went to "not applicable" when many applicant noticed the same, and then changed to "processing" or "in-progress" (from N/A) for few applicants indicates that it maybe is not system glitch. If it was system glitch, then it would have changed to processing or something else for all applicants who got N/A (i think on Apr 24/25) but that isn't the case.
I think what @armoured said in post #49 (above) bears repeating:

Never heard of it but generally pointless to go by background / eligiblity status or call the agents about this. Just a waste of time, it doesn't mean what you think it does, and they change the procedures.

Stop wasting time wondering about what the tracker means, order gcms notes - or just wait.
Call it a system glitch, or something planned and deliberate that has been going on since time immemorial, or part of a Machiavellian plot to keep applicants in a state of uncertainty, I am not sure that trying to wrestle the issue to the ground takes us anywhere. All applications will be decided in the fullness of time and what one sees on GCKey, or tracker or in the tea leaves or Tarot cards will not, in the end, count for very much.

For those applying under Family Class, particularly spousal permanent residence, if one has passed the major milestones - AOR, SA, biometrics done and acknowledged, medical done and passed - then I see little cause for concern. Speaking for myself, I saw achieving each of those milestones (or are they now kilometre stones?) as a sign of ongoing progress. Once they are in the rear view mirror, our applications seem, routinely, to lapse into a long period of stony silence that yes, can be a bit hard to take. By all appearances, little is happening. That's just how it is. But, history has shown that most applications eventually emerge from that period of darkness and we get a decision.

vrushank46

May 20, 2023
Hi Everyone,
I'm in the same boat. As a dependent to my wife for the PR application. BC changed to N/A around 3rd or 4th May. Nothing yet.

I also have a SOWP in process, BC under process. IRCC said it is with Sydney VO , have mailed them since 20 days now, no reply yet.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,
I'm in the same boat. As a dependent to my wife for the PR application. BC changed to N/A around 3rd or 4th May. Nothing yet.

I also have a SOWP in process, BC under process. IRCC said it is with Sydney VO , have mailed them since 20 days now, no reply yet.
It is nice if they respond to your webform but don’t count on it very much for them replying to you.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long does it take from NA2 to We Are Processing…?
Apparently nobody knows but there is a couple of people here who got their background check changed from in progress > not applicable > in progress again. You can check how much time before it changed for them. But it’s not a good indication though since there are only two people who reported it so far.