+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCKEY Background check not applicable?

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyways, to anyone who has knowledge or idea. I called ircc to ask about eligibility and background status and like before the agent pulled out the file but said cannot see any because it is outland application. She said once verificatiom is donel it will be send back to Sydney for finalization.

I never heard of this before. Is it usually like this? From cpc to local visa office to cpc again?

Thanks for any answer or idea.

royalrumble

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
Anyways, to anyone who has knowledge or idea. I called ircc to ask about eligibility and background status and like before the agent pulled out the file but said cannot see any because it is outland application. She said once verificatiom is donel it will be send back to Sydney for finalization.

I never heard of this before. Is it usually like this? From cpc to local visa office to cpc again?

Thanks for any answer or idea.
Interesting. Never heard of this before either. Guys any insight? @scylla @armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Interesting. Never heard of this before either. Guys any insight? @scylla @armoured
Never heard of it but generally pointless to go by background / eligiblity status or call the agents about this. Just a waste of time, it doesn't mean what you think it does, and they change the procedures.

Stop wasting time wondering about what the tracker means, order gcms notes - or just wait.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Never heard of it but generally pointless to go by background / eligiblity status or call the agents about this. Just a waste of time, it doesn't mean what you think it does, and they change the procedures.

Stop wasting time wondering about what the tracker means, order gcms notes - or just wait.
Yes, I understand. I already ordered gcms notes end of last month but as I understand it takes at least a month or more to received it.

It’s just weird nowadays because when I am calling before agents does not have any problem giving me answer about my file. They just pull the file and answer any questions I have.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, I understand. I already ordered gcms notes end of last month but as I understand it takes at least a month or more to received it.

It’s just weird nowadays because when I am calling before agents does not have any problem giving me answer about my file. They just pull the file and answer any questions I have.
Yes, they do. Just be aware, if all they are doing is getting info from a system that provides the same info that you are seeing, they may not know any more, nor what it means. In other words, there are some things on which they can be relied, but sometimes not.

Reactions: comarxx

Tt.Tulio

May 9, 2023
Yes, I know a friend in the same boat whose BG check didn't change, so this should not be only a software update.
I hope if someone get any further updates, please share with us here. Thank you.
So... I also had my bgc changed to “not applicable”, and I was hoping that it was a good sign. I just called IRCC and they said it changed for a lot of people, but it was a glitch in the system. My Bgc is still processing. It wasn’t what I was hoping to hear.

mcdonal22

Jul 24, 2020
I just called ircc to ask about the change on bgc and they said it was a glitch in the system. My bgc is still processing
Those IRCC Call center agents are very passive, they only tell something if asked specifically and agent saying its glitch for BGC to be N/A could also be easy way out to not tell anything more. Whatever the GCkey indicates whether its NA1/2/3/ or IP1/2 or just processing, it not worth knowing in reality even if the curiosity is high (AF). If application tracker status indicates background completed, then it's completed.

Asking agent what is passed in Application Assessment (Eligibility/Security/Criminality/InfoSharing) is best way to know the application status. BTW I too have BGC in N/A.

Reactions: Ojeras

Lillyu

Jun 13, 2022
How long does it take to process background checks?
My previous application was canceled (missing documents), eligibility was not processed but my background & medical were completed for that application.

EE BC PNP

AOR - 12 March

Medical passed - 11 May

Eligibility completed

Background check - in progress