steelz

Sep 6, 2011
Qatar
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: GAME IS OVER....FSW AND INVESTER IMMIGRATION WILL BE BANNED FROM JULY 1, 2012

soj1122 said:
I dont think that they will set all the things in six months. Canadians are sooooo lazy

well look at the bright side, we can take some frech courses and apply through quebec :)

zOzOzO

Jul 13, 2011
Dallas TX
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/5/2014
Re: GAME IS OVER....FSW AND INVESTER IMMIGRATION WILL BE BANNED FROM JULY 1, 2012

:eek:
steelz said:
well look at the bright side, we can take some frech courses and apply through quebec :)
I applied thru FSW1 just to avoid studying French....
sigh.

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
siddharth_pharma84 said:
Wow! great suggestion mate . As per my occupation as pharmacist its not a easy task to get AEO . Did you find a job offer before applying for fsw ?. For record i did find jnathan post rude , its my own opinion . Atleast , he posted at wrong time .Anyways thnxs a lot for helpful suggestion .
Siddharth just to clarify you on AEO / LMO part, it really doesnt matter to obtain AEO/LMO from any employer for NOC or Job Tittle (Must be NOC 0,A & B category), it is not mandatory to have LMO/AEO in field of your study, you can get an LMO for being a supervisor at a gas station or grocery store while you are Doctor/Engineer or MBA. and for this is canada is famous.

I am experienced Investment Banker from India completed PG study in Tornoto, then worked in Bank in Toronto and finally working in a restaurant because it helped me in obtaining a supervisor title LMO from them to support my PR application. So if you can obtain a LMO / AEO from any tom dick harry you can expedite your application and that is why you will find most of doctors/engineer from india end up driving taxi's doing PIZZA delivery for DESI owned and Operated small businesses where fellow desi's dont spare a chance to exploit and harass newcomers.

I still feel you guyz are in better situation.

owlowl2005

Star Member
Feb 18, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2011
Doc's Request.
All sent with application
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted together with application (8.5 Band)
File Transfer...
17-10-2011
Med's Request
12-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
13nitinsharma said:
dentist82 - if you don't have something to do, then please stop posting such nonsense which doesn't have any authenticity.

Check CIC website again, and you'll get to know that the new information related to FSW is not yet updated. Since the previous year cap was reached, that's why they've just PHD and offer applications to further processing. I cann't understand why people all of sudden started posting vague information in this forum.

Guys, please understand wait to see the changes on CIC website. It totally depends on CIC by when they want to update everyone on FSW. But we all need to have patience and then react !
sorry, but the news is in the CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-06-28.asp

badalpharm

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
13-05-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-02-2015
Jitu1011 said:
Siddharth just to clarify you on AEO / LMO part, it really doesnt matter to obtain AEO/LMO from any employer for NOC or Job Tittle (Must be NOC 0,A & B category), it is not mandatory to have LMO/AEO in field of your study, you can get an LMO for being a supervisor at a gas station or grocery store while you are Doctor/Engineer or MBA. and for this is canada is famous.

I am experienced Investment Banker from India completed PG study in Tornoto, then worked in Bank in Toronto and finally working in a restaurant because it helped me in obtaining a supervisor title LMO from them to support my PR application. So if you can obtain a LMO / AEO from any tom dick harry you can expedite your application and that is why you will find most of doctors/engineer from india end up driving taxi's doing PIZZA delivery for DESI owned and Operated small businesses where fellow desi's dont spare a chance to exploit and harass newcomers.

I still feel you guyz are in better situation.
True,

Even when I joined PhD there was no PhD stream, ( I joined in Sept 2011 and rule came in Nov 2011), at that time I was planning to drop PhD and was ready to take any technician job which can help me in PR.

But some people just do not understand it, for them everything should be easy. People try to 4-5 years after coming to Canada to become pharmacist, and still did not get licence.

and when you advice people based on your experience, you are bitter drink for them because you are telling truth which they do not like.

If people do not need suggestion, why they are here?

Good advice bro.

By the way do you have any idea about format of job offer, and what else do we need from employer?

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
So what happened to those without document updates from pre-feb. 2008, who are already "in process"?[

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
xse2573 said:
So what happened to those without document updates from pre-feb. 2008, who are already "in process"?[
Most will be trashed by bill C-38.

As I understand matters it depends on the SELDEC status of your application. Those at 0 (approx 280,000) will be binned, those at 1 or higher (approx 20,000 from pre-Feb-2008) will be processed.

Wayne.

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Cappuccino said:

As I understand matters it depends on the SELDEC status of your application. Those at 0 (approx 280,000) will be binned, those at 1 or higher (approx 20,000 from pre-Feb-2008) will be processed.

Wayne.
Hello Wayne
Please what do you mean by those at "0" and those at "1"?..and how do you know which group you belong?

watchingagain

May 18, 2012
Calgary, June 28, 2012 — Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney today announced the latest step in re-designing Canada’s economic immigration system.

Effective July 1st, 2012, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will place a temporary pause on new applications to the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) and federal Immigrant Investor Program (IIP).

“We have been making lots of changes to our economic immigration system,” said Minister Kenney. “We will take the next six months to do a lot of the heavy lifting to get us closer to a fast and flexible immigration system.”

The pause will allow CIC to make important changes to its economic immigration programs before accepting more applications. This is an important step in moving towards a faster, more flexible immigration system, while immigration levels are at a historic high.

Since the launch of Canada’s Economic Action Plan 2012, Minister Kenney has announced a series of changes to CIC’s economic immigration programs. They include:

eliminating the backlog of old FSWP applications;
improving the selection of FSWs;
creating a new Federal Skilled Trades Program;
modifying the Canadian Experience Class to help transition successful skilled temporary workers to permanent residence;
changing business immigration programs to target more active investment in Canadian growth companies and more innovative entrepreneurs; and
moving towards a new application management system, to develop a pool of skilled workers who arrive in Canada ready to begin employment.
“This temporary pause on new Federal Skilled Worker applications will allow us to set the program on a new course as we intend to launch revised selection criteria soon,” said Minister Kenney. “The pause has no impact on the number of workers Canada admits into the country, as CIC continues to process applications already received. Current immigration remains at historically high levels.”

Application intake is expected to resume in January 2013, when the proposed FSWP regulatory changes – which will be published in the Canada Gazette in the coming months – are expected to come into force.

The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act allows the Minister to issue special instructions to immigration officers to enable the Government of Canada to best attain its immigration goals. Since the 2008 Action Plan for Faster Immigration, four sets of “Ministerial Instructions” have been issued relating to Economic Class applications.

Under this fifth set of Ministerial Instructions, CIC will also introduce a pause on new federal IIP applications. This pause will remain in place until further notice, allowing the Department to make progress on processing its existing inventory.

As Minister Kenney announced earlier in April, CIC will be consulting with provinces, territories and stakeholders on ways to reform the current IIP in order to maximize the economic benefit to Canada. The Department is also consulting on whether to create a new investor program on a short-term basis, to promote growth in the Canadian economy.

The temporary pause on FSWP applications does not apply to candidates with offers of arranged employment or those applying under the PhD eligibility stream. The full set of Ministerial Instructions will be available online in the Canada Gazette tomorrow.

zub2612

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Probably never.
Everything happens for good. We can't understand, but our God knows better. I had tried 3 times and each time couldn't make it for different reason.

Anyway guys, after using this forum for many years, I think I should say good bye.

All the best. God may bless you with happiness and give you whatever you want from life.

van100

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex-Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
IELTS Request
March 2012
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
dentist82 said:
hope u got answer and link from badalpharm...
chill bro...anyways its upto u 2 believe or not...well its good for post 2008 applicnts and bad for newbies....
i just told u what i saw recently...anyways good luck with ur application...
cheers mate!!!
Dentist82 1+ for you mate!!!

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
Cappuccino said:

Wayne.
Wayne, does this in any way affect new CEC applications?

toronto25

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this is not done.......r they playing with our emotions???fuck...........many people have invested alot of money preparing their documents...............they should give the demarage............they knew this news before then y they gave this so lately..............

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
xse2573 said:
Hello Wayne
Please what do you mean by those at "0" and those at "1"?..and how do you know which group you belong?
The only way to find out, as I understand it, is to obtain your CAIPS/GCMS notes.

Somewhere in there is SELDEC code. If it is 0 and you applied prior to Feb 2008, then you are in the 280,000 to be scrapped. If it is 1 or higher than, at least in theory, you should be safe.

However, I have never ordered CAIPS or GCMS notes so perhaps someone who has ordered those could advise?

Wayne.