+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

G5 Group of five timeline

Lina mangal

Mar 19, 2018
Hi I got this message I am very sad I don’t all the sponsors are saying that we did not say anything and they only contact one of them what should I do now pls if u guys have any suggestions only This refers to your sponsorship application for the above mentioned person(s).

I have assessed your application against the requirements specified in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).

Section R138 of IRPR states:

Group means

(a) five or more Canadian citizens or permanent residents, each of whom is at least 18 years of age, who are acting together for the purpose of sponsoring a Convention refugee or a person in similar circumstances; or

Based on the information provided, I am not satisfied that your sponsorship group meets the definition of a group as per R138, since one or more sponsors were contacted to confirm their participation in this sponsorship and to date no response was received from all the sponsors who were contacted. Therefore, I am not satisfied that this sponsoring group has five members.

Section R154(1)(b) of IRPR states:

An officer shall approve an application referred to in paragraph 153(1)(b) if, on the basis of the documentation submitted with the application, the officer determines that

(b) the sponsor has made adequate arrangements in anticipation of the arrival of the foreign national and their family members in the expected community of settlement.

In addition to the above, I am not satisfied that your sponsorship group has made adequate arrangements in anticipation of the arrival of the refugee(s) in the expected community of settlement as per R154(1)(b). One or more sponsors did not confirm their participation in this sponsorship and as such I am not satisfied that they will be able to provide settlement support to the refugee(s) upon arrival. I am not satisfied that the group as a whole will be able to fulfill their obligations.

Please be advised that due to restrictions imposed by the Privacy Act, I am unable to identify which group member(s) did not confirm their participation in this sponsorship.

Based on the reasons provided above, I am not satisfied that the sponsors meet the requirements of the IRPA/IRPR, and am therefore refusing your sponsorship application.

Thus, I am not satisfied that the applicant abroad has met the requirement stated in R139(1)(f)(i) IRPR, which requires approval of the sponsorship undertaking for an application prior to issuance of a visa.

Subsection 11(1) IRPA provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

I am therefore refusing the permanent residence application. If the situation has changed substantively or new information has emerged to overcome the current deficiencies, you may submit a new and complete application.

Aug 4, 2018
Hello there!!

Does any one know how long wil it take for decision to be made for my g5 application before it’s transfered to oversea visa office .coz I keep hearing that people are getting their decisions with in five months of their application but mine being more than six x months ,am really concerned about it.

I always check my statue online using my Gnumber but it keep saying in process.so can someone tell me what could be the reason

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Hello there!!

Does any one know how long wil it take for decision to be made for my g5 application before it’s transfered to oversea visa office .coz I keep hearing that people are getting their decisions with in five months of their application but mine being more than six x months ,am really concerned about it.

I always check my statue online using my Gnumber but it keep saying in process.so can someone tell me what could be the reason

Hi,

I got my decision from within the Canada in about 5 months and now the file is transferred to oversees for processing.

Thanks,

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Hi I got this message I am very sad I don’t all the sponsors are saying that we did not say anything and they only contact one of them what should I do now pls if u guys have any suggestions only This refers to your sponsorship application for the above mentioned person(s).

I have assessed your application against the requirements specified in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).

Section R138 of IRPR states:

Group means

(a) five or more Canadian citizens or permanent residents, each of whom is at least 18 years of age, who are acting together for the purpose of sponsoring a Convention refugee or a person in similar circumstances; or

Based on the information provided, I am not satisfied that your sponsorship group meets the definition of a group as per R138, since one or more sponsors were contacted to confirm their participation in this sponsorship and to date no response was received from all the sponsors who were contacted. Therefore, I am not satisfied that this sponsoring group has five members.

Section R154(1)(b) of IRPR states:

An officer shall approve an application referred to in paragraph 153(1)(b) if, on the basis of the documentation submitted with the application, the officer determines that

(b) the sponsor has made adequate arrangements in anticipation of the arrival of the foreign national and their family members in the expected community of settlement.

In addition to the above, I am not satisfied that your sponsorship group has made adequate arrangements in anticipation of the arrival of the refugee(s) in the expected community of settlement as per R154(1)(b). One or more sponsors did not confirm their participation in this sponsorship and as such I am not satisfied that they will be able to provide settlement support to the refugee(s) upon arrival. I am not satisfied that the group as a whole will be able to fulfill their obligations.

Please be advised that due to restrictions imposed by the Privacy Act, I am unable to identify which group member(s) did not confirm their participation in this sponsorship.

Based on the reasons provided above, I am not satisfied that the sponsors meet the requirements of the IRPA/IRPR, and am therefore refusing your sponsorship application.

Thus, I am not satisfied that the applicant abroad has met the requirement stated in R139(1)(f)(i) IRPR, which requires approval of the sponsorship undertaking for an application prior to issuance of a visa.

Subsection 11(1) IRPA provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

I am therefore refusing the permanent residence application. If the situation has changed substantively or new information has emerged to overcome the current deficiencies, you may submit a new and complete application.
Hi,

Did you get this from within Canada as part of the first approval or did you get it from the Embassy processing the application as part of the second approval ?

Regardless, you can contact all 5 members of the group and discuss the response needed. Do the following.
1. Reply to the email that any of the group members have received and mention that possibly the email was in the junk mail.
2. Write a letter explaining where was the email and when you responded. Also get all 5 members to sign and reaffirm their commitment to the sponsorship. Then send this letter to the email from which you received the rejection. Make sure you ask in the email to reconsider the application given the reason provided.

Most of the time, they do consider such requests.

Good luck

Sultanmahmood

Jun 24, 2018
I am applying for refugees in Tajikistan.

Process:
1. You form a group of 5 people in Canada and send the application to Ottawa
2. Ottawa reviews the application for completeness and send you back an AOR confirming that the application is complete and forwarded for processing
3. Immigration officer in Ottawa reviews the document of 5 people and refugee and sends an email regarding final approval of the application
4. File gets transferred to Tajikistan and Visa Officer does interview there
5. Medical and criminal background check is performed
6. If everything goes well, visa will be issued for refugees to travel to Canada

I am applying for refugees in Tajikistan.

Process:
1. You form a group of 5 people in Canada and send the application to Ottawa
2. Ottawa reviews the application for completeness and send you back an AOR confirming that the application is complete and forwarded for processing
3. Immigration officer in Ottawa reviews the document of 5 people and refugee and sends an email regarding final approval of the application
4. File gets transferred to Tajikistan and Visa Officer does interview there
5. Medical and criminal background check is performed
6. If everything goes well, visa will be issued for refugees to travel to Canada

I would like to know about the final step of G5 sponsorship. when I check my status of my application right now it is in step 4- recived your medical. what is the other step kindly tell me in details .

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
When I sponsor someone from another european country, does that somebody have to stay the whole period of the process in that country? PLEASE ADVICE :)

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
I would like to know about the final step of G5 sponsorship. when I check my status of my application right now it is in step 4- recived your medical. what is the other step kindly tell me in details .
At this stage, you may only have security background check to be completed and the office responsible for your file (most likely Ankara if you are living in Tajikistan) will arrange for your travel to Canada.

You are at the very final stage of your application and it could be all done within about 6 months.

When did you apply?
When was your interview?

G5member

Jan 22, 2019
You would want to choose application number option.
Thank you for your kind assist
I choosed the application number option then I filled the correct information (family name, G000xxxxxx, dob, place of birth), but it gives me no result and a message :
At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
  • sponsored a member of the family class;
  • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
  • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
  • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
  • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
  • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
  • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
  • applied to resume Canadian citizenship
Seems G5 is not one of the above at mean time.. am I wrong!
Thanks

Last edited:

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
I choosed the application number option then I filled the correct information (family name, Gnumber, dob, place of birth), but it gives me no result and a message :
  • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
Thanks
Hmmm, maybe I am not sure. I will leave it to those who has an input. Sorry

Reactions: G5member

Jordan Khan

Star Member
Jan 14, 2017
Hmmm, maybe I am not sure. I will leave it to those who has an input. Sorry
I choosed the application number option then I filled the correct information (family name, G000xxxxxx, dob, place of birth), but it gives me no result and a message :
Thanks
Hi when did you recieved your G Number ?
as in my case it took almost 3 weeks until i was able to see my application online..

Jordan Khan

Star Member
Jan 14, 2017
At this stage, you may only have security background check to be completed and the office responsible for your file (most likely Ankara if you are living in Tajikistan) will arrange for your travel to Canada.

You are at the very final stage of your application and it could be all done within about 6 months.

When did you apply?
When was your interview?
Dear Xbero,
What about you, are you done with your interview ?