Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Reactions: wonderbly and RSub

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Delays initially caused by COVID but later made worse be the Liberal government's desire to cook the numbers so that they look good.

This essentially means favouring TR2PR and CEC. CEC landings are still being prioritized as per the IRCC website.
Was due to Covid as well. Canada wanted to reduce the amount of movement into Canada within Canada.

purohitab

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
Guys I don't get it. What does Canada have against skilled immigrants? Do they really want to achieve their population goals by getting in people that will overburden the welfare system in 10 years?

I get countries inviting refugees and providing other residency pathways to increase goodwill and address short term needs. But keeping on increasing your intake + making it more for refugees and low skilled just really does not make any sense, until unless these guys are actively trying to sabotage the country demographic.

Reactions: Glaber and dankboi

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Guys I don't get it. What does Canada have against skilled immigrants? Do they really want to achieve their population goals by getting in people that will overburden the welfare system in 10 years?

I get countries inviting refugees and providing other residency pathways to increase goodwill and address short term needs. But keeping on increasing your intake + making it more for refugees and low skilled just really does not make any sense, until unless these guys are actively trying to sabotage the country demographic.
But keeping on increasing your intake + making it more for refugees and low skilled= already Inland numbers, hopefully citizens - vote bank
This is not for their country. Just cause they state it doesn't mean that is their intention

Last edited:
Reactions: Glaber

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

As a rule of thumb, if you call it Economic Immigration, you should bring onboard people that will increase the economic output of the country.

If you analyse the Express Entry as a system, there are a lot of indicators that make it not the right tool for the purpose it was created, for example:
  • Applicants can chose to select if their spouse/common-law can accompany them in Canada, thus changing their CRS score accordingly.

Why should you allow such an option ? The applicant and their whole family should be assessed to determine their economic output. Example, if you have two applicants age 28, both with masters, both with 3+ years experience in their profession, both with English and French proficiencies, but one is single and the other has a spouse and a child, but has selected that they will not accompany him.

How the fuck they will not accompany him? He will go and live in Canada alone, never to see them again ? Thus, my friend, he gets the same points as an economic immigrant as the first one. They are equal now.

So, in the eyes of the system, applicant one who might get a job, lets say $100k per year and the second one with the family get a similiar job with $100k salary per year, are equal again. How the fuck can they be equal ? The first one is single, apart from the living expenses he can put that money perhaps into investing and such, the other guy has triple the charge in living expenses, remember wife and child, so he basically works for the ongoing life of his family.

• Brother/Sister added points !

Why should someone profit from their brother/step-brother or of their spouse to surpass someone witht he same credentials? Because the brother/step-brother will help them integrate faster into teh society ? Dude, they know the language already, their education is recongnized and they have the money to settle. There is enough for them to integrate, if they can't, the whole immigration business is not for them.
I can understand the refugees they bring to some extent, especially if they have been part of you as a government in a foreign country, they are journalists or activists that contribute in shaping their country's future (for better), and to related causes.

I don't want to comment CEC because perhaps there are jobs no Canadian or high skilled immigrant wants to do, so they have no choice but to bring some CRS 400 or less on board, but the 27k invitation was a massacre. Pure numbers.

These are just my simple surface observations of the Canadian Immigration, but I believe that there is a need for a change in government in the upcoming elections, this one has done some powerful damage in a lot of areas.

Reactions: dankboi

slavicgirl

Oct 27, 2021

slavicgirl

Oct 27, 2021
Yeah this, thanks. And damn they really did cut FHS in half.
Indeed:( I watched Kubeir's video and I can only hope he is right and those TR2PR what we can see in the immigration plan is only the backlog from 2021. I also hope that all FHS backlog will be cleared and those people will land in 2022 as the current upper level of FHS immigration number for 2022 is 65K, about the same as the actual FHS backlog.
Rest is speculation but I hope to see bi-weekly draws from June. (damn that optimism)

D

Deleted member 1050918

Indeed:( I watched Kubeir's video and I can only hope he is right and those TR2PR what we can see in the immigration plan is only the backlog from 2021. I also hope that all FHS backlog will be cleared and those people will land in 2022 as the current upper level of FHS immigration number for 2022 is 65K, about the same as the actual FHS backlog.
Rest is speculation but I hope to see bi-weekly draws from June. (damn that optimism)
Quite sure no new tr2pr this year. FHS backlog will probably be melted down by this summer but we gotta do the math to guess if new draws are coming.

slavicgirl

Oct 27, 2021
Quite sure no new tr2pr this year. FHS backlog will probably be melted down by this summer but we gotta do the math to guess if new draws are coming.
I am pretty sure that they won't be able to keep processing times under 6 months in the future. I don't even understand the logic behind it, most people would be fine with 8 months-12 months processing times IF they really could keep it. Even assuming a very-very optimistic 6 months processing time and 2 months of paperwork from the applicants side it is total 8 months. Considering the fact that most people need at least a few months as a preparation before moving and leaving everything behind (three months of notice period at my work!), almost one full year passes from ITA to landing. 2023 FHS target can only be met with all program draws from this year between June and late October (or a megadraw in September latest) OR CEC only draws later than June as they are quicker to process (in this case I will just give up on my dreams to move to Canada..)