Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Everyone has suffered, it's not only you guys. Some people had to wait 6 months to get their PR card, some like my friend have been waiting for more than 2 and a half years for their citizenship applications to be approved.

It's not just you guys, it's not a conspiracy against you, everyone who had applications being processed have had major setbacks in their timelines.

Many others are not even able to get their ITAs with no draws, both FSWs and CECs.

You guys talk like you're the only ones who've been affected by this.
These "some people" are how many? Are they more than 50,000 FSWs waiting for months?

Reactions: dankboi

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Everyone has suffered, it's not only you guys. Some people had to wait 6 months to get their PR card, some like my friend have been waiting for more than 2 and a half years for their citizenship applications to be approved.

It's not just you guys, it's not a conspiracy against you, everyone who had applications being processed have had major setbacks in their timelines.

Many others are not even able to get their ITAs with no draws, both FSWs and CECs.

You guys talk like you're the only ones who've been affected by this.
Getting a PR is way more significant for a person than going from PR to citizenship. Don't compare the two.

Looking at the prioritization by the IRCC so far, it's pretty apparent that FSWs are the least favoured children (compared to CECs and TR2PRs).

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I don't have the numbers on the backlog for citizenship, but there are a lot of people.

They aren't? It's just a few hundred PNPs every few weeks, there are no rounds of invitations.
How does the life of a person affects so much when they are already in Canada on a PR and their citizenship gets delayed? Can't they travel outside Canada when their citizenship is under processing? I am not sure how their lives change except for not having voting rights. Are they so eager to vote? On the other hand, people's lives are at stake waiting inside and outside Canada with pending PR applications. Don't compare apples with oranges.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
And getting an ITA? is that not as significant as getting your PR application approved?
What the f are you talking about? How is having an ITA great but waiting for citizenship being on PR is not??

• Haha

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
What the f are you talking about? How is having an ITA great but waiting for citizenship being on PR is not??
You can't get PR if you can't get an ITA, everything starts with that. All to say, everyone is being penalised, not just the people who are waiting for PR. In fact, the people waiting on an ITA are in a worse case, because they are not guaranteed one. At least you know your application will be resolved even if it takes a long time.

Reactions: wonderbly

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
How does the life of a person affects so much when they are already in Canada on a PR and their citizenship gets delayed? Can't they travel outside Canada when their citizenship is under processing? I am not sure how their lives change except for not having voting rights. Are they so eager to vote? On the other hand, people's lives are at stake waiting inside and outside Canada with pending PR applications. Don't compare apples with oranges.
It's not the suffering olympics, it's just understanding that everyone has experienced delays.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
It's not the suffering olympics, it's just understanding that everyone has experienced delays.
Delays initially caused by COVID but later made worse be the Liberal government's desire to cook the numbers so that they look good.

This essentially means favouring TR2PR and CEC. CEC landings are still being prioritized as per the IRCC website.

Rowsp

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
So what I learnt recently is that ppl with citizenship under process cant actually travel outside so basically lots of ppl are stuck in Canada.

• Wow
Reactions: wonderbly

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
You can't get PR if you can't get an ITA, everything starts with that. All to say, everyone is being penalised, not just the people who are waiting for PR. In fact, the people waiting on an ITA are in a worse case, because they are not guaranteed one. At least you know your application will be resolved even if it takes a long time.
I don't think you get me. All I am asking is you to explain your words "And getting an ITA? is that not as significant as getting your PR application approved?" I know having an ITA is good. But how the hell it is as significant as getting your PR? You are implying that ITA guarantees a PR when in real there is a chance of getting rejected. You do know the rejection rate for PR's, don't you?

Let me put it clearly for you. You are comparing the sufferings of people waiting for PR and citizenship. In my situation, I am outside Canada waiting for my PR for 15 months and lost two job opportunities due to delayed processing. How is my situation comparable to someone who is already in Canada on a PR but just waiting for their citizenship? How?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020