+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Vikee2022

Jan 18, 2022
I have time till Aug next year when my wp expires. But fed up with uncertainties, been waiting since November for draw.

jester10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2020
Welp

Welp, I don’t want to go through PNP route due to personal reasons otherwise I could always lower my crs by not claiming points for experience. Gotta wait.
This will be a mistake. You will need to wait at least 6 months and then they will realize they already have enough inventory for the year so you end up waiting a year. After that you will wait another 3 years in processing times.

It's better to make yourself unskilled enough for Canada now and remove your (over)qualifications. Canada does not need skilled workers.

felixfelicis

Jul 2, 2021
Don't want to interrupt the whinging on this thread but here is some data for people like me who are more casual readers of this forum wondering when we will get our PPRs:
  1. There were 51 PPR posts on the tracker https://www.myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/fsw-outland-e-apr-tracker between Jan 1st 2021 and October 31st 2021
  2. In January 2022, there have ben 58 PPRs posts so far on the tracker
  3. We know from the CIC News release in November 2021 that IRCC processed 6,795 FSW candidates between January 2021 and October 2021.
  4. Assuming the number of PPR posts corresponds with the processing rate, this means (58/51*6,795) = 7,700 (approximate) FSW candidates were cleared in January 2022
  5. There's ~55,000 FSW candidates in the backlog based on the CIC News release in December 2021, which would mean it would take 55,000/7,700 = 7 months (approximate) to clear the backlog
  6. We have already seen some movement in processing; In November 2021, most of the approved cases were 2019 FSW applicants but it has slowly shifted to most of the approvals being early 2020 FSW applicants as of this month with some mid-late 2020 FSW applicants also being approved
  7. If the do not CEC/FSW draws until Q3 of 2022, they should be able to clear the entire backlog (pending complex cases) by July 2022. This aligns with the policy memo that was released online calling for a halt in CEC draws. If they do hold CEC draws in the near term, then the processing times will get much longer and it might be 2023 before they clear the backlog
  8. Of course, they could always go faster or slower but there is political and business pressure on IRCC to bring in more immigrants so my guess is that they hold the current processing rate as it is rather than slow it down
  9. They could always speed up processing time but I don't have that kind of faith in IRCC
AOR: November 2020
COR: UAE
COC: Sri Lanka
VO: Ottawa; Medials, Eligibility, Info Sharing Passed; Security and Criminality not started as of June 2021 GCMS notes
No updates directly from IRCC, not even a GU after MEP and Biometrics in December 2020

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Don't want to interrupt the whinging on this thread but here is some data for people like me who are more casual readers of this forum wondering when we will get our PPRs:
  1. There were 51 PPR posts on the tracker https://www.myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/fsw-outland-e-apr-tracker between Jan 1st 2021 and October 31st 2021
  3. We know from the CIC News release in November 2021 that IRCC processed 6,795 FSW candidates between January 2021 and October 2021.
  4. Assuming the number of PPR posts corresponds with the processing rate, this means (58/51*6,795) = 7,700 (approximate) FSW candidates were cleared in January 2022
  5. There's ~55,000 FSW candidates in the backlog based on the CIC News release in December 2021, which would mean it would take 55,000/7,700 = 7 months (approximate) to clear the backlog
  6. We have already seen some movement in processing; In November 2021, most of the approved cases were 2019 FSW applicants but it has slowly shifted to most of the approvals being early 2020 FSW applicants as of this month with some mid-late 2020 FSW applicants also being approved
  7. If the do not CEC/FSW draws until Q3 of 2022, they should be able to clear the entire backlog (pending complex cases) by July 2022. This aligns with the policy memo that was released online calling for a halt in CEC draws. If they do hold CEC draws in the near term, then the processing times will get much longer and it might be 2023 before they clear the backlog
  8. Of course, they could always go faster or slower but there is political and business pressure on IRCC to bring in more immigrants so my guess is that they hold the current processing rate as it is rather than slow it down
  9. They could always speed up processing time but I don't have that kind of faith in IRCC
VO: Ottawa; Medials, Eligibility, Info Sharing Passed; Security and Criminality not started as of June 2021 GCMS notes
No updates directly from IRCC, not even a GU after MEP and Biometrics in December 2020
I have always advocated that the FSW backlog will be cleared by June/July this year due to a number of statistics already on hand, but what will play a major role is the continuation of these only PNP draws up until then.

February 11 will be another point of reference of how things will move on.

I think they are on the right track right now with the processing of applications and hopefully there won't be any disruption any time soon.

Statistically speaking, they should be able to clear all the 500K PR backlog by the end of this year and with the new hiring and the implementation of new modern solutions, I think that is totally acheivable.

hsiddd

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-11-2019
Life is very stressful and tense; tensions just change face in different scenarios. Before getting PPR, I was stressed about getting PPR. Now, I am tense about finding a job and somewhere to stay in Canada. I have a 2.5 years gap in my career as I was stuck in India during the pandemic.
To those who live in Canada or have been there, would employers find the pandemic an acceptable excuse for a career gap? I did teach IELTS during this time to make ends meet, but that can only help with a teaching position. I really wanna be a researcher.

Background: PhD in Environmental Chemistry, from University of Florida, USA - 2018
Post Doc experience: University of Florida and University of California - May 2018 - June 2019.
In June 2019, I had to leave everything and return to India for a few months due to personal reasons. The hiatus, which was supposed to last 6-7 months, became a gap of 2.5 years :/ due to corona.
Just hoping to get a relevant job. A post-doc is fine in the beginning.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
A halt of FSW and CEC till July until the backlogs are cleared sounds fair to me. However, if they do a tr to pr in the middle, people are gonna be pissed

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
I have always advocated that the FSW backlog will be cleared by June/July this year due to a number of statistics already on hand, but what will play a major role is the continuation of these only PNP draws up until then.

February 11 will be another point of reference of how things will move on.

I think they are on the right track right now with the processing of applications and hopefully there won't be any disruption any time soon.

Statistically speaking, they should be able to clear all the 500K PR backlog by the end of this year and with the new hiring and the implementation of new modern solutions, I think that is totally acheivable.
It all depends on what the new FHS target for 2022 is going to be. If it is unchanged, then I'm reasonably confident FSW backlogs will be cleared in the next few months (assuming no huge CEC draws until then). If it is indeed cut by half, then a lot of us are screwed (especially those who have AOR in the later part of 2020). I am not keeping my hopes up, given what I've heard from the minister so far.

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
To be fair though, Canada actually has a serious housing bubble at the moment. The inventory of variable interest rate mortgages is growing at an alarming rate (as per October 2021 or so, the majority of new mortgages are variable). We also know that Canada, similar to the US will have to increase interest rates to compensate for the massive increase in money supply and to curb inflation. This will be very similar to 2008
Wait a minute. So you are telling Canada don't provide much options for fixed rate mortgage?