+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Vikee2022

Jan 18, 2022
Guys any chance of fsw/CEC draw by July? I am an inland applicant with 500+ CRS, aTr2PR stream like last year's won't cover me.

D

Deleted member 994371

And in summation, you guys only reinforce the notion that the worst people in the world are the ones waiting for their Canadian immigration process to be completed lol.

Hopefully you'll be better people when the process is done.
Looks like they got to you.

D

Deleted member 1006777

It's at least progress that the minister is talking about the backlog as a real problem and committing to deal with it.

I think it's too early to know what the eventual timeline will be, but at least they have mentioned even indirectly through the memo that there won't be all program draws for a while. At least you know where you stand in the short term even if it's not good news.

It's also good that he made a point to reinforce the notion that people from all streams should be given equal treatment, i watched the stream afterwards and he sort of brought it up to elucidate his position on that.

That at least bodes well for future draws whenever they commence.
Yes, this is what I'm saying. FSW draws will happen when (if) they happen. There's no indication of when this will be. People spitting out silly timelines because "hopeful" is dumb.

And regarding equal treatment, I don't think what you say is accurate. They have iterated many many times that they are looking to introduce new pathways for people already in Canada. "Use Canadian education/experience as a springboard for permanent residency" as they put it. I'm completely in favor of this btw. I just want clarity for other streams in the meantime.

This idea that there is equal treatment between streams is entirely false. They give CEC and TRs a free PR (which is still not enough, these entitled babies keep crying for more), and throwing FSWs a crumb after 2 years is not equal treatment.

Last edited by a moderator:

cef09

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
CEC
Welp

Welp, I don’t want to go through PNP route due to personal reasons otherwise I could always lower my crs by not claiming points for experience. Gotta wait.
Yeah, same. I'm inland FSW and I can drop to the sweet spot of 464 from 489 but I don't feel like doing PNP just yet. I'll just wait it out while I'm on a work permit.

On top of that PNP takes forever to process which isn't ideal.

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
Correct me if im wrong, but my opinion is sean fraser is confusing the term "federal skilled worker" with "federal high-skilled worker" which includes CEC as well.

cef09

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
CEC
i wouldnt waste time in PNP as well if was a cec. Extra money plus late processing.
To top that, you're kinda locked into the province EVEN if you somehow justify you were not able to land jobs (unlikely) and the anxiety after applying for citizenship only to get denied (randomly) if you moved provinces.

Reactions: Lc4life and singhno