+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

sun2088

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
Wait a minute. So you are telling Canada don't provide much options for fixed rate mortgage?
No of course they do. As you know, variable interest rate mortgages are cheaper than a fixed rate (at least during the initial stages). A significant amount of people, who either don't fully understand the risks or those who just desperately want a cheaper mortgage, purchase them. The bet that's made (which always fails) is either that interest rates won't go up and or that real estate prices will keep rising so that they can just refinance.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Is it possible to buy an apartment under $100k in Toronto?

• Haha
Reactions: wonderbly

slavicgirl

Oct 27, 2021
No of course they do. As you know, variable interest rate mortgages are cheaper than a fixed rate (at least during the initial stages). A significant amount of people, who either don't fully understand the risks or those who just desperately want a cheaper mortgage, purchase them. The bet that's made (which always fails) is either that interest rates won't go up and or that real estate prices will keep rising so that they can just refinance.
people are usually pretty stupid for anything that is related to anything financial in my country but even here more than 70% of mortgages are fixed.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Edmonton is the place for me I guess

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Looks like some late 2020 PNP outland applications got transferred to Winnipeg VO, anyone has any idea about this VO? Never even knew it existed.

sun2088

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
people are usually pretty stupid for anything that is related to anything financial in my country but even here more than 70% of mortgages are fixed.
The problem that's occurring is that most new mortgages are variable. And with an inevitable rise in interest rates, you're going to see a pretty disastrous crash. The same is occurring in the US at the moment. Greed is quite powerful.

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
@EscoBlades and other inlanders: How did you get your copr? Was it an email from "donotreply" saying your application is updated, or did you get an email with the subject line "Ready for Visa" and a link to your PR Portal?

Just curious. I'm assuming that since IRCC now has my Canada address on file I'll more or less be treated as inland.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
@EscoBlades and other inlanders: How did you get your copr? Was it an email from "donotreply" saying your application is updated, or did you get an email with the subject line "Ready for Visa" and a link to your PR Portal?

Just curious. I'm assuming that since IRCC now has my Canada address on file I'll more or less be treated as inland.
I got a "eCoPR Available for Download" email from the IRCC PR Portal "donotreply" email address. Then i logged on to the portal and it was available there to download.

Reactions: wonderbly

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I got a "eCoPR Available for Download" email from the IRCC PR Portal "donotreply" email address. Then i logged on to the portal and it was available there to download.
Thanks! Did you get an email from "donotreply" prior to that, letting you know your application was approved?

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Is it possible for this to really happen? I have already seen a few recent immigrant YouTubers buying 3 houses on loans hoping their value will explode. They are sure that house prices are never coming down.
I really doubt the gov will let it crash. Maybe not rise, but it would be a big crisis if this pyramid scheme crashes. They probably would rather raise interest really slow and keep inflation high.