+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Why didn't you go for PhD instead of a 2nd masters. PhD is a sure way of getting us residency
Well, Ph.D. is the sure way I know. But I enjoy the breadth of studies man. It's just not my cup of tea.

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
People saying US PR > CA PR don’t realize the complications of RO and the challenges of a new immigrant to keep family together. You can be out of Canada for 2-3 years without breaching RO. Plus working expat or accompanying a citizen spouse also count, which gives flexibility dealing with life situations. US gives you 1 year and maybe 2 upon I-131, and that’s it. The US equivalent of PRTD (SB-1) is difficult as hell.

Why would a PR want to be out of the country? Because of spouse and children stuck outside the country. Not everyone started their PR case with all dependents onboard (or even met or born). However incompetent IRCC is, you get to update your case without years of more wait. They are also working to come up with temporary visas for those trying to re-unify.
In the US case, dual intent doesn’t exist for family, so PR spouse and children get stuck for years, and the only way to re-unify before the long wait is for the PR to get out of US (amidst Covid) on a 1-year clock. This can and has caused people to lose PR altogether despite USCIS being totally aware of the family situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneStepAtATime

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
You'll fit right into Canada
All my efforts are for this only. I am spending so much time on this forum when I actually should be doing something productive. The wait for another tech draw is killing me :(

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
All my efforts are for this only. I am spending so much time on this forum when I actually should be doing something productive. The wait for another tech draw is killing me :(
Bruh I'm not in your spot because I'm already here in Canada as a TR but if I were you I would just continue life as normal and look at Canadian PR as a supplement. Otherwise, this thing will just make you go mad. It seems like a few members here already are.

• Sad
Reactions: NavjotS123

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Bruh I'm not in your spot because I'm already here in Canada as a TR but if I were you I would just continue life as normal and look at Canadian PR as a supplement. Otherwise, this thing will just make you go mad. It seems like a few members here already are.
I had a study permit approved for Queen's UNiversity in Canada for MS CS. I didn't go there as I was getting a good RA here. Now, that decision haunts me every day.